Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 372 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
ginnala
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What are the chances Dead To Me gets in for series and Applegate? Are people still talking about it? She was so good!</p>

Slim and none, and slim just took the Amtrak Acela train outta here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

So did Mozart in the Jungle, The Affair, Nip/Tuck and Brooklyn Nine Nine…

Those shows didn’t have stars like Michael Douglas or Alan Arkin, nor did they get three SAG nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

And it is a Netflix original.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

If they weren’t pushing “Janet(s)” I would say that a nomination is probably out of the question, but I guess now it’s possible. Personally, I didn’t particularly like her. Awards need to stop caring for the playing-multiple-characters narrative. I think her imitations of her co-stars were spot-on but still felt forced and unnatural. I’m predicting Sarah Goldberg instead who’s consistently great on Barry, which is a far more beloved show among Academy members and is expected to rise in nominations as well this year.

Oh, I hope so too. I LOVE Sarah Goldberg as Sally. People have complained about her character’s likability but she plays the most human character I’ve ever seen on TV. She has her flaws, her selfish moments, her lack of empathy at times, but she can also be sweet and apologetic. She is so complex with so many layers. She comes from an abusive background which explains some of her current personality traits. There was a scene in Barry when Sally is explaining to Barry why she is so ambitious and entrapped in acting and she explains that it’s her therapy. In episode 7, when she gives her monologue she’s so honest. What Sarah Goldberg did with this character is incredible. She is by far the most underrated actress on TV. I’m not even exaggerating. WHEW, okay enough of my rant.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Rachel.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by  Rachel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Russian Doll has been renewed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

If they weren’t pushing “Janet(s)” I would say that a nomination is probably out of the question, but I guess now it’s possible. Personally, I didn’t particularly like her. Awards need to stop caring for the playing-multiple-characters narrative. I think her imitations of her co-stars were spot-on but still felt forced and unnatural. I’m predicting Sarah Goldberg instead who’s consistently great on Barry, which is a far more beloved show among Academy members and is expected to rise in nominations as well this year.

Thing is, did you feel the same way when Toni Colette was winning everything under the sun for her multiple-personality series?

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Lead Actor has been the lamest category ever since I’ve started to predict the Emmys and it seems like the trend continues. Re Cheadle’s chances, it looked easy to discredit him once the reviews started to come in, but the category is indeed very reminiscent of the times he used to be a perennial nominee for House of Lies. And the show is still loosely inspired by the true events which might spark a little bit of more interest within the voters than whatever Carrey’s or Gervais’ shows are about.

Rooting for Ramy! Been waiting for a show like that to be made for years now.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking at the top choices in Guest Actress, I’m really thinking Maya Rudolph can win this. I just think voters have checked off Jane Lynch’s name too much the last 8 years. It’s so damn time for Maya to have an Emmy.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sad that Titus Burgess might go Emmyless for his role on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. He had the submissions to win 2 Emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Burgess was never going to happen in the first place they prefer straight actors playing gay characters over actual gay actors playing characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Burgess was never going to happen in the first place they prefer straight actors playing gay characters over actual gay actors playing characters.

Sad but true. Billy Porter just talked about this is a Hollywood Reporter Roundtable interview.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Titus Burgess should have won for seasons 1 in 2015 and season 3 in 2017. Tony Hale did not deserve the Emmy in 2015 and Baldwin did not deserve in 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Titus Burgess should have won for seasons 1 in 2015 and season 3 in 2017. Tony Hale did not deserve the Emmy in 2015 and Baldwin did not deserve in 2017.

deserving Emmys only come in a handful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Ramy will do well with nominations at the TCA’s, boosting its awareness. I think it’s a contender for actor and writing, with those two open spots. In an ideal world Hiam Abbass would be nominated for supporting actress, but I know that’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’m one of the only huge Barry fans here but to those familiar with Stephen Root, he’s been in the industry for over 30 years and has never been nominated for an award. I hate how he keeps getting overlooked. He has been incredible in Barry and gave one of the best supporting performances in a comedy i’ve ever seen this year. Give that man a friggin Emmy! I’m ROOTING for you, Stephen Root.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.