Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 293 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 min ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
ginnala
Guest 2018
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Burgess was never going to happen in the first place they prefer straight actors playing gay characters over actual gay actors playing characters.

Sad but true. Billy Porter just talked about this is a Hollywood Reporter Roundtable interview.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Titus Burgess should have won for seasons 1 in 2015 and season 3 in 2017. Tony Hale did not deserve the Emmy in 2015 and Baldwin did not deserve in 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Titus Burgess should have won for seasons 1 in 2015 and season 3 in 2017. Tony Hale did not deserve the Emmy in 2015 and Baldwin did not deserve in 2017.

deserving Emmys only come in a handful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Ramy will do well with nominations at the TCA’s, boosting its awareness. I think it’s a contender for actor and writing, with those two open spots. In an ideal world Hiam Abbass would be nominated for supporting actress, but I know that’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’m one of the only huge Barry fans here but to those familiar with Stephen Root, he’s been in the industry for over 30 years and has never been nominated for an award. I hate how he keeps getting overlooked. He has been incredible in Barry and gave one of the best supporting performances in a comedy i’ve ever seen this year. Give that man a friggin Emmy! I’m ROOTING for you, Stephen Root.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like if Jim Parsons is nominated, he would be the most likely to beat Bill Hader.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’m one of the only huge Barry fans here but to those familiar with Stephen Root, he’s been in the industry for over 30 years and has never been nominated for an award. I hate how he keeps getting overlooked. He has been incredible in Barry and gave one of the best supporting performances in a comedy i’ve ever seen this year. Give that man a friggin Emmy! I’m ROOTING for you, Stephen Root.

I’m predicting him; if the Emmys finally stop giving a shit about that atrocity SNL, he’s in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope they drop Hale and Walsh from Supporting Actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like if Jim Parsons is nominated, he would be the most likely to beat Bill Hader.

Really? Based on?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope they drop Hale and Walsh from Supporting Actor.

Walsh, most likely, Hale, doubtful, but he will not be a threat for the win imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Netflix did like four FYC events for Russian Doll and Glow, so I think they are having these two shows as safe bets

I just spent ten days in Los Angeles and kept a tally of the 150 billboards and posters that I saw around the city.  Russian Doll was among the comedies that I saw advertised most, but I did not see GLOW once after seeing it maybe more than any other show when I made the same trip last year.  Chris says that such a billboard exists though.  Also, the DVDs that Netflix sent voters for Russian Doll and The Kominsky Method came in their own special packages, whereas GLOW was just in one of their big boxes with a bunch of other shows.  As for events, Netflix held one in Los Angeles and one in New York for each of Russian Doll, The Kominsky Method and GLOW; Universal also held a Russian Doll event that was not exclusively open to Emmy voters.

Other panels not exclusively to open to Emmy voters also variably featured people from these shows and others.  All three featured on the scene-stealers panel.  Both Russian Doll and GLOW featured on the costumes panel, as well as at crafts day and both women days.  Russian Doll also featured on the music panel.  So I would say that Russian Doll is their top comedy priority because it seems like they pulled out all the stops for it.  Then I would give the edge to The Kominsky Method over GLOW because of the screener situation.  They brought out GLOW to more events, but The Kominsky Method is not a woman’s or crafts-heavy show.

I see it as a bad sign that the Dead to Me event where they announced their renewal was not restricted to Emmy voters, but also open to guild members and “Other”, presumably to fill seats. They also did not do a New York event for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Really? Based on?

He is a four time winner in this category and voters might be sentimental to give him a farewell prize for a performance which many really liked. That being said, I’m not even predicting him for a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    mskatrinahighkck
    Participant
    Topics:

I just spent ten days in Los Angeles and kept a tally of the 150 billboards and posters that I saw around the city. Russian Doll was among the comedies that I saw advertised most, but I did not see GLOW once after seeing it maybe more than any other show when I made the same trip last year. Chris says that such a billboard exists though. Also, the DVDs that Netflix sent voters for Russian Doll and The Kominsky Method came in their own special packages, whereas GLOW was just in one of their big boxes with a bunch of other shows. As for events, Netflix held one in Los Angeles and one in New York for each of Russian Doll, The Kominsky Method and GLOW; Universal also held a Russian Doll event that was not exclusively open to Emmy voters. Other panels not exclusively to open to Emmy voters also variably featured people from these shows and others. All three featured on the scene-stealers panel. Both Russian Doll and GLOW featured on the costumes panel, as well as at crafts day and both women days. Russian Doll also featured on the music panel. So I would say that Russian Doll is their top comedy priority because it seems like they pulled out all the stops for it. Then I would give the edge to The Kominsky Method over GLOW because of the screener situation. They brought out GLOW to more events, but The Kominsky Method is not a woman’s or crafts-heavy show. I see it as a bad sign that the Dead to Me event where they announced their renewal was not restricted to Emmy voters, but also open to guild members and “Other”, presumably to fill seats. They also did not do a New York event for it.

Thanks for the infos about the events! Saw some coments about the amount of billboards that Russian Doll got at LA.

Although I enjoyed Dead To Me very much, I don’t see them getting a nomination. I think even Christina has more chances than the show itself

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

voters might be sentimental

Will the myth that Emmy voters are sentimental ever die?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They are sometimes and more so in the winners phase under the new system.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.