Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 492 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
ginnala
  • Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Sure hope Fleabag gets the attention it deserves. Phoebe should win for Best Actress in a Comedy Sian Clifford should win for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Fleabag should win Best Comedy. Been a huge fan of VEEP & Julia for years, but I think Fleabag outshined them in every category this season.

THIS. Sian Clifford for Fleabag and Sarah Goldberg for Barry are the two most deserving actresses for that Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy award, yet get no love… it’s so disappointing.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

And I’m thinking about change Glow for Schitts’s Creek in my predictions… What do you guys think??

You are overestimating TCA Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    SAM_1934
    Participant
    Topics:

I can assure you Fleabag ain’t getting nominated for anything. Maybe writing and that’s it. These are Emmy voters we’re talking about.

Think you’re gonna be surprised then when the nominations come out because a lot of people are talking about Fleabag right now.  Had a quick chat with the editor of rogerebert.com on Twitter and he was giving Sian huge praise both in his article and on Twitter.

indiwire.com / vulture.com / rogerebert.com / primetimer.com  / thedailybeast.com

They’re all saying it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Fleabag getting in Actress and Writing…It is a good show but some people are exaggerating its quality; the best episode of it is the second season premiere, and it is good, but you should go and watch the episode 4 of the four season of Please Like Me called “Degustation” and find out where the inspiration for the S2E1 of Fleabag come from and which is the better one.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Fleabag is probably the comedy with the most industry buzz right now. Phoebe Waller Bridge is also doing a lot of press and her name is starting to be recognizable. I would be surprised if she or the show miss at this point tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Eh, if Issa Rae can get nominated for a similarly edgy, female-focused show so can PWB.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved Please Like Me! ❤️ Thought I was the only person here who’s seen it…

That was a great show

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have two scenarios in my head: Fleabag wins for best comedy or Phoebe wins for Lead Actress. Although I’d love to see fleabag sweeping everything I don’t think they’ll let Veep going away with nothing. And I’m thinking about change Glow for Schitts’s Creek in my predictions… What do you guys think??

Schitt’s Creek getting in comedy series is wishful thinking. It literally has never been nominated, so I don’t think they’d throw it a bone out of the blue. And Fleabag has way too much competition to win Comedy series. If Veep loses, then it’s going to Maisel or Barry. I think Fleabag has enough love to get some major nominations but to win one of them is a whole different situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

No series as slight as Fleabag is going to win, let alone be nominated. And you talk about MY “stanning” for The Good Place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

No series as slight as Fleabag is going to win, let alone be nominated. And you talk about MY “stanning” for The Good Place.

Fleabag: 3 TCA nominations

The Good Place: 1 TCA nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t help it if Thanos dropped in, snapped his fingers, vaporizing the TCA membership allowing employees of Fleabag to vote!

😀 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

While I agree Fleabag isn’t going to win (I think writing and actress nominations are likely but not locked) at least the fans here (myself included) can praise the show without hating on literally every other competitor. Comedy is incredibly strong this year, and you insisting all of the series not named The Good Place are trash is not only ridiculously irritating but irrational and delusional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say that Fleabag is a lock for writing

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people are being really naive and are underestimating Emmy voters by predicting all the repeat comedy nominees for acting. This was a very strong year for Comedy. I don’t think anyone but Tony Hale from Veep will be getting in for supporting actor this year. It’s just too competitive. There’s a good possibility that Janney and Tomlin will also be pushed out. I just think we will see some fresh faces.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.