Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 492 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
ginnala
  • ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t help it if Thanos dropped in, snapped his fingers, vaporizing the TCA membership allowing employees of Fleabag to vote! 😀

I don’t know what to say…

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s a good possibility that Janney and Tomlin will also be pushed out. I just think we will see some fresh faces.

That show had its final season last year.  Voters are done with them for good.

ReplyCopy URL
    larissasr
    Participant
    Topics:

Total respect for Fonda and Tomlin BUT I wanna see new people. Really wanna see Pamela Adlon and Christina Applegate on the list (although I think Adlon has more chances)

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That show had its final season last year. Voters are done with them for good.

Which show? Both Mom and Grace and Frankie have been renewed.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I ultimately figured that he meant that the “show” of “Tomlin and Janney getting nominated” has ended its run.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I ultimately figured that he meant that the “show” of “Tomlin and Janney getting nominated” has ended its run.

Exactly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Mullally. I think her or Metcalf is returning.

Metcalf managed to get nominated when everyone was avoiding Roseanne like the plague after the controversy.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of Mullally… are we underestimating Debra Messing? She got a golden globe and critics choice nomination this year while she didn’t last year (I’m not 100% sure on CC). She could be ahead of the likes of Applegate.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of Mullally… are we underestimating Debra Messing? She got a golden globe and critics choice nomination this year while she didn’t last year (I’m not 100% sure on CC). She could be ahead of the likes of Applegate.

You’re right, those both were new this year. I hadn’t thought about it as a possibility but when you point that out, plus the article goldderby did last week about her big episode, I’m wondering are we underestimating her? Voters still clearly have a fondness for the show, I’m now kind of wondering if she does break in

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

the critics choice awards nominate every television actress under the sun. They like nominating the underdog.  And the HFPA like to nominate veterans like Debra Messing and Candace Bergen, even if their shows aren’t quite as good. I don’t think the emmys are quite as open.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

If Debra Messing couldn’t get nominated last year, I don’t see why she would this year in an even more competitive field.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actress is painful. I have as the majority Borstein & Hinkle, Gilpin, Chlumsky and McKinnon in. Now that #6, will the Emmys care about TGP and Carden? Will they go full Barry and deserving Goldberg will get in? Will they lazy vote for SNL and either Jones or Bryant gets in? Or huge name Mullaly repeats (did she have any material this season)?

Carden is a safe bet tbh. I’m worried Hinkle might miss (which would be tragic).

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

With all the contenders from real art tv shows the Academy shouldn’t waste any nod on Saturday Night Light actors outside of the Guest categories.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

Carden is a safe bet tbh. I’m worried Hinkle might miss (which would be tragic).

I wouldn’t say a performance that has yet to be nominated after two seasons is a safe bet. Last year had 8 nominees and she still couldn’t get in.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.