Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 372 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
ginnala
  • Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to be unpopular with this opinion but I think Allison Janney needs to be dropped from lead actress.

For Christina Applegate!

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I took Janney out of my predictions. I can’t see them name checking her until the show ends, she’ll fall out eventually, 2 wins and 5 nominations feels like more than enough for this role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Lead Actress Predictions

• Julia Louis Dreyfus, Veep
    • Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    • Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie
    • Natasha Lyonne- Russian Doll
    • Phoebe Waller Bridge, Fleabag
    • Christina Applegate- Dead to Me

Voters normally go with a performance that won’t get into any other categories. Phoebe is surely above Pamela Adlon, Issa Rae and Tracee Ellis Ross, who were nominated last year. As much as I love Allison Janney, I do think she will miss this year.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    ViceWicked
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to be unpopular with this opinion but I think Allison Janney needs to be dropped from lead actress.

I second this motion. I mean, is there still anything special in her performance in Mom that warrants a nod aside from being the great Allison Janney?

And would be ecstatic if someone like Catherine Zeta-Jones in Queen America would replace her. Speaking of which, I know it’s a punch to the moon but I would really appreciate if the show and Zeta-Jones could be added to the predictions list for Comedy as I believe it should be campaigned for that category even if there’s no word from Facebook Watch about its campaign or if it will be renewed (which I 100% believe it should be).

I also think that Fleabag will have a good showing and that it will start Olivia Colman’s road to the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is coming in the Best Actress race for sure. I don’t care what anyone says. Fleabag was amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

You got me thinking about GLOW and even though I underestimated it last year, I’m still predicting only Series and Gilpin. The thing is, season two was released in June, giving the show buzz during Emmy voting. The third season doesn’t have a premiere date yet. Could this hurt the show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

You got me thinking about GLOW and even though I underestimated it last year, I’m still predicting only Series and Gilpin. The thing is, season two was released in June, giving the show buzz during Emmy voting. The third season doesn’t have a premiere date yet. Could this hurt the show?

Call me pessimistic but I don’t see Glow nominated for much this year. Comedy has more competition than people think and Glow hasn’t gotten much buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Phoebe is surely above Pamela Adlon

Pfft, no, she isn’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Pfft, no, she isn’t.

Fleabag is getting so much hype. Phoebe is definitely ahead of Pamela Aldon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Octavia Spencer and Katt Williams are submitted as guests for black-ish. This is part of a lame ABC FYC package. Every show has a photo with a stupid quote (this one on the photo is actually decent) and the acting and producing submissions on a white background.

By the way, how the hell does Anderson have a producer credit, but not Ross?

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure what to do about Adlon, I have her pretty high up right now but can she keep getting in as her shows only nomination? Could Better Things actually get in somewhere else this year? Personally I think season 3 was a step down from the incredible 2nd season but it seems like it’s a show that’s been growing over time and maybe Adlon and the show in general is only getting stronger.

PWB has so much buzz, but I predicted her for fleabag season 1, I’m scared about being burned again.

Comedy actress in general is such a tough category for me. What do you guys think about Tomlin’s chances? Like Janney I feel like she’s gotta be dropped eventually.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Tomlin will stay, she had a great season of Grace and Frankie and she really deserves the nom

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure what to do about Adlon, I have her pretty high up right now but can she keep getting in as her shows only nomination? Could Better Things actually get in somewhere else this year? Personally I think season 3 was a step down from the incredible 2nd season but it seems like it’s a show that’s been growing over time and maybe Adlon and the show in general is only getting stronger.

PWB has so much buzz, but I predicted her for fleabag season 1, I’m scared about being burned again.

Comedy actress in general is such a tough category for me. What do you guys think about Tomlin’s chances? Like Janney I feel like she’s gotta be dropped eventually.

I feel weirdly confident in Adlon getting in, not sure why. I was in love with the first two seasons, but this one feels a bit disappointing. Or it’s just pretentious. Besides Actress, the show has a chance at Directing, not Series, I think. But I won’t be predicting anything beyond Actress.

I wasn’t predicting PWB last time, but I am now! My problem with predicting is that I cling to good odds, lol. I’ve had Ross and Janney for so long because of the good odds I grabbed, but I’m dying to predict someone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel weirdly confident in Adlon getting in, not sure why. I was in love with the first two seasons, but this one feels a bit disappointing. Or it’s just pretentious. Besides Actress, the show has a chance at Directing, not Series, I think. But I won’t be predicting anything beyond Actress. I wasn’t predicting PWB last time, but I am now! My problem with predicting is that I cling to good odds, lol. I’ve had Ross and Janney for so long because of the good odds I grabbed, but I’m dying to predict someone else.

I think PWB has a better chance this year because more people know her name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Barry and Veep are my big comedy winner predictions but my third is Fleabag, not Maisel. This may come to bite me in the butt.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.