Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Comedy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
ginnala
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

So let’s go!

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Series

Veep
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Barry
    Fleabag
    The Kominsky Method
    Russian Doll
    The Good Place

Comedy Actress

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Rachel Brosnahan
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    Natasha Lyonne
    Pamela Adlon
    Allison Janney

Comedy Actor

Bill Hader
    Ted Danson
    Michael Douglas
    Don Cheadle
    Ricky Gervais
    Sacha Baron Cohen

Comedy Supp. Actress

Alex Borstein
    Kate McKinnon
    Anna Chlumsky
    Aidy Bryant
    D’Arcy Carden
    Megan Mullally

Comedy Supp. Actor

Tony Hale
    Alan Arkin
    Henry Winkler
    Tony Shalhoub
    Kenan Thompson
    Tituss Burgess

Comedy Guest Actress

Maya Rudolph
    Jane Lynch
    Sandra Oh
    Christine Baranski
    Regina King
    Awkwafina

Comedy Guest Actor

Peter MacNicol
    John Mulaney
    Lin-Manuel Miranda
    Bob Newhart
    Luke Kirby
    Adam Sandler

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

About one of the last posts in the previous thread that was claiming that Carey and Cohen are a sure thing (because they are big stars) and that both of them and Gervais (because he is an Emmy darling) have much more chances than Cheadle sounds like someone is mistaking the Emmys for the Globes. Emmys don’t care about stars, they have proved that a million times, every year huge stars and Oscar winners are snubbed. Many times it i is about visibility, and yes, about personal favorites. Cheadle is as much as darling as Gervais. I have not watched none of the four shows, but if we check the IMDB number of people that have voted, we can see that the only one of the four shows that has had a good viewership is After Life. It is also the most critically acclaimed performance. Douglas’s show is also not popular with audiences, but it seems like the favorite show of the older Emmy voters. So I think that he and Gervais are going to be the only ones to make it. My predictions are:

1. Hader (a second consecutive win is out of question regardless of the other nominees, he can win based on both seasons and episodes, the only male comedy nominee at TCA)

2. Danson (no reason for him not to repeat, he will be nominated until the end of TGP)

3. Douglas (already explained)

4. Anderson (I hate to bring race and I have never done it, but after the incredible diversity that we have seen in that category during the last years I cannot imagine to see it with only white nominees like many of you are predicting, also he is beloved, really funny, respected and it will be a little win for Network TV)

5. Parsons (a goodbye kiss for a very praised final season and season finale (many voters have watched at least 5-6 episodes of the season + the finale) and a little win for Network TV)

6. Gervais (already explained)

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I am glad we agree. It is easier for me with comedies since I do not watch them (with a very few exceptions), so I can always be more objective.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I had Anderson until yesterday, I replaced him with Gervais. Since I’m dropping Blackish and Ellis Ross, I thought why not drop Anderson aswell.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

In an ideal world….

Jim Carrey
    Ted Danson
    John Goodman (consolation prize for putting up with his psychotic co-star)
    Tracy Morgan, The Last O.G.
    Randall Park, Fresh off the Boat
    Jim Parsons

Didn’t Anthony Anderson have legal trouble late last year that ultimately passed? That way with Danson, Goodman, Park and Parsons, broadcast network TV would be duly represented. As for Gervais, no; just 71% on Rotten Tomatoes and who knows how few are watching Afterlife on Netflix. And Carrey can be the annual Showtime nominee.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

In an ideal world…. Jim Carrey Ted Danson John Goodman (consolation prize for putting up with his psychotic co-star) Tracy Morgan, The Last O.G. Randall Park, Fresh off the Boat Jim Parsons Didn’t Anthony Anderson have legal trouble late last year that ultimately passed? That way with Danson, Goodman, Park and Parsons, broadcast network TV would be duly represented. As for Gervais, no; just 71% on Rotten Tomatoes and who knows how few are watching Afterlife on Netflix And Carrey can be the annual Showtime nominee.

Afterlife trended on twitter worldwide quite a long time. It was actually probably more watched than we think. On IMDb it has 38k votes which is basically as much as Russian Doll (40k).

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The post before Ginnala’s was spam and was duly reported.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

It was funny and was duly appreciated.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

In an ideal world…. Jim Carrey Ted Danson John Goodman (consolation prize for putting up with his psychotic co-star) Tracy Morgan, The Last O.G. Randall Park, Fresh off the Boat Jim Parsons Didn’t Anthony Anderson have legal trouble late last year that ultimately passed? That way with Danson, Goodman, Park and Parsons, broadcast network TV would be duly represented. As for Gervais, no; just 71% on Rotten Tomatoes and who knows how few are watching Afterlife on Netflix. And Carrey can be the annual Showtime nominee.

You obviously don’t watch Barry. Bill Hader not only deserves that second nomination but that win.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Barry is a drama with comedic elements.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 142 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Comedy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.