Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 263 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
gabarnes43
ospencer
Riley
  • Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Carden will be extremely lucky to just get nominated. I’m not currently predicting her, and while I still have faith that she could possibly do it, her success will be just to get into the lineup. Bell has an outside chance of taking a slot, but I doubt she’s even in the top ten contenders right now. Harper’s chances of getting nominated are next to nothing. And none of them are even getting close to winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Danson could win imo

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Zero, zilch. Carden’s got Supporting Actress locked down (rewatch the Good Place episode ‘Janet(s)’ for proof). Harper’s a contender for Jeremy Bearimy and Bell already has a win over JLD (2015 People’s Choice’s, Best Premium Cable Actress).

Betty Gilpin has a higher chance than Carden.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

and Bell already has a win over JLD (2015 People’s Choice’s, Best Premium Cable Actress).

no offense but do you hear yourself

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Danson could win imo

That’s the only TGP win that I could see happening (other than guest). He’s got that veteran status, and if they don’t want to award Hader again (which seems likely as they’ve been avoiding repeats lately), Danson is probably the second choice. I don’t think TKM will strike with the Academy, so Douglas would probably be third. Honestly, the more I think about it, the closer I get to predicting Danson for the win. The only thing stopping me at this point is the idea that if everyone’s gonna give TGP votes in one category, it’ll definitely be for Rudolph. I think that the reason Katt Williams won for Atlanta last year is because voters knew that they were giving all of the other category votes to Maisel and Barry, and they wanted to give Atlanta at least ONE big win, so they put all their votes there. There’s a good chance she gets all the TGP votes instead of Danson.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Heptapod.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Carden’s got Supporting Actress locked down (rewatch the Good Place episode ‘Janet(s)’ for proof). Harper’s a contender for Jeremy Bearimy and Bell already has a win over JLD (2015 People’s Choice’s, Best Premium Cable Actress).

This post is embarrassing.

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason I don’t see Borstein winning again for Maisel, none of the SNL women are winning, I don’t see Chlumsky winning either.

Who do you think will end up winning on the night, I think this will be a surprise winner

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Aidy is the SNL person most likely to win this year? She’ll most likely get snubbed for Comedy Lead Actress, but she’ll still have the buzz to help her out. Plus her Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Meghan McCain have gotten more buzz than anything Kate Mckinnon has done in a couple years.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason I don’t see Borstein winning again for Maisel, none of the SNL women are winning, I don’t see Chlumsky winning either. Who do you think will end up winning on the night, I think this will be a surprise winner

If it’s not Borstein or Chlumsky, I think Carden might be able to pull it off if she gets in. I don’t think Fleabag is popular enough for Colman to win, Hinkle will obviously be second to Borstein if they both get nominated, and it would be weird for Gilpin to win if the show is not even strong enough for Brie to get nominated. Carden has a buzzed about performance and she could get crossover support for her role in Barry. I doubt this will happen though, since I think Borstein or Chlumsky is almost certainly taking it.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone else think that Aidy is the SNL person most likely to win this year? She’ll most likely get snubbed for Comedy Lead Actress, but she’ll still have the buzz to help her out. Plus her Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Meghan McCain have gotten more buzz than anything Kate Mckinnon has done in a couple years.

She might be the most likely to win, but I still doubt that she’ll even get nominated, and even if she does get nominated I doubt she’ll be able to beat Borstein or Chlumsky.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Does anyone think its possible that veep wins all three of its acting categories this year (JLD, Chlumsky, and Hale)? I feel like the narrative (and performance) is too strong for JLD, Chlumsky has a lot to do this year and has an overdue/last chance narrative, and I could easily see Hale winning (especially if only one other Veep guy gets in instead of multiple)

I think that there is no passion for Anna Chlumsky (deservedly) and Tony Hale’s competitors are too strong, not to mention that he might also be hurt by vote-splitting and weak material.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I had a similar hunch when “Shrill” premiered, but I don’t even remember if I still have her in my predictions. Could happen though. It does seem like she’s kind of eclipsed McKinnon in buzz right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I had a similar hunch when “Shrill” premiered, but I don’t even remember if I still have her in my predictions. Could happen though. It does seem like she’s kind of eclipsed McKinnon in buzz right now.

I wish it was possible for her to get nominated over McKinnon, but we know the Emmys almost never do stuff like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Gina Rodriguez inevitably being snubbed for the 5th year in a row will be unforgivable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

SNL getting nominated in Supporting is unforgivable

Schitt’s Creek possibly getting ignored again is unforgivable

Jenifer Lewis from black-ish getting ignored again is unforgivable

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 263 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.