Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 461 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
lacourseauxet..
gabarnes43
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason I don’t see Borstein winning again for Maisel, none of the SNL women are winning, I don’t see Chlumsky winning either. Who do you think will end up winning on the night, I think this will be a surprise winner

Hinkle is coming for that win!

In what universe is Laurie Metcalf getting in for The Conners? If they go for nostalgia they will nominate Mullally for Will and Grace over her.

Both of them are getting nominated in this universe and I can’t understand why people keep underestimating them. Metcalf was able to overcome the whole stigma of being attached to Roseanne last year she is possibly the safest returning nominee this year.

Even though Lead Actress in a Comedy series could be completely shaken up with new (and worthy) nominees this year, I have a sad feeling that we are just going to see a repeat of last year’s nominees with the addition of Julia Louis Dreyfus. Prediction for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Pamela Aldon – Better Things Tracee Ellis Ross – black-ish Julia Louis Dreyfus – Veep Lily Tomlin – Grace & Frankie Issa Rae – Insecure Allison Janney – Mom Rachel Brosnahan – The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel That means the following will probably be left out: Kristen Bell – The Good Place Alison Brie – GLOW Natasha Lyonne – Russian Doll Phoebe Waller Bridge – Fleabag Catherine O’Hara – Schitt’s Creek Aidy Bryant – Shrill Rachel Bloom – Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Gina Rodriguez – Jane the Virgin Justina Machado – One Day at A Time Emmy Rossum – Shameless Ellie Kemper – Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I think Adlon and Ross are missing this year. JLD will get her winning spot back and either Bell or Brie will get in for the other slot. Lyonne is the only other name that has a slight chance of getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Both of them are getting nominated in this universe and I can’t understand why people keep underestimating them. Metcalf was able to overcome the whole stigma of being attached to Roseanne last year she is possibly the safest returning nominee this year.

Metcalf got in as a pity nom for having to deal with Roseanne being such a mess. The Oscar nom that year helped her too. She’s not happening again. And Mullally obviously has no shot.

I think Adlon and Ross are missing this year. JLD will get her winning spot back and either Bell or Brie will get in for the other slot. Lyonne is the only other name that has a slight chance of getting nominated.

I can’t see Adlon missing for the most acclaimed season of Better Things while Janney and Tomlin stay in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Bell and Brie are strong enough to push out Adlon or Ross.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Bell and Brie are strong enough to push out Adlon or Ross.

I think they could be strong enough to push out Ross if Black-ish is missing Series. But Adlon has always been strong on her own without needing a widely loved series to get in, and it would be strange for her to be dropped for the show’s most acclaimed season after 2 nominations. I honestly think that Better Things is closer to making the Series lineup than it is to missing Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not saying Ross won’t be snubbed, only that it won’t happen because of Brie or Bell.

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Ross isn’t getting in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I fear Betty Gilpin will be snubbed for Leslie Jones. 🤮

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lord help us all if Leslie Jones or any other SNL cast member is nominated in Supporting actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I fear Betty Gilpin will be snubbed for Leslie Jones. 🤮

That would be a tragedy. Gilpin is so deserving.

For Lead Actress, I say

1) JLD
    2) Rachel Brosnahan
    3) Pamela Adlon
    4) Natasha Lyonne
    5) Lily Tomlin
    6) Allison Janney
    7) Kristen Bell
    8) Alison Brie
    9) Tracee Eliss Ross
    10) Issa Rae
    11) Jane Fonda
    12) Pheobe Waller-Bridge

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

GLOW is submitting only Alison Brie, Marc Maron, Betty Gilpin and guest Annabella Sciorra (Rosalie) for acting consideration, although other supporting actresses will inevitably submit themselves.  They are submitting two or three episodes for directing (definitely the finale and “Mother of All Matches”, possibly “Candy of the Year”, but not “The Good Twin”), which is not too concerning because the finale by the guy that got a nomination last year for the pilot is the obvious choice.  They are submitting two to four episodes in writing (including “Perverts Are People, Too”) and they did not even get nominated last year.  They are submitting one episode for editing, so that is something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they’re submitting “Mother of All Matches” and “Every Potato Has a Receipt” for directing, similar to last year’s two submitted episodes. Also, last year’s FYC package didn’t include Music Supervision and the two Sound categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, Netflix was strategic with the categories that they listed on their DVDs previously and would have “And All Other Categories” at the bottom, whereas they are simply listing their complete submissions on the back covers of the FYC sets this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t see Adlon missing for the most acclaimed season of Better Things while Janney and Tomlin stay in.

Despite the critical reviews, this season of Better Things has noticeably less hype than season two. Adlon can easily miss this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Peabody win today can’t help but put pressure on Academy voters that they can’t possibly overlook The Good Place for a third time. Today proved that TGP has supplanted This is Us as broadcast network TV’s crown jewel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Despite the critical reviews, this season of Better Things has noticeably less hype than season two.

Those reviews are seeming more like goodwill from last season spilling over; the response on an episodic basis has not been quite as strong.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 461 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.