Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 465 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
gabarnes43
EsOS
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Despite the critical reviews, this season of Better Things has noticeably less hype than season two.

Those reviews are seeming more like goodwill from last season spilling over; the response on an episodic basis has not been quite as strong.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I have an unrelated question but need it answering. Are Network TV shows that run from 2018-2019 elegible for the 2019 or 2020 Awards?

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Shows airing between June 1st, 2018 and May 31st, 2019 are eligible for 2019 ceremony.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t mean for the Emmys, I mean for like Globes, Sag and guild awards

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What a twist!

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Those reviews are seeming more like goodwill from last season spilling over; the response on an episodic basis has not been quite as strong.

I am not sure that I see a marked difference between buzz for Seasons 2 and 3. If anything, I think the profile of the show has been raised post Louis C.K. I currently have it in my last slot for series. Depending on how submissions shake out I could also see it nabbing a writing and especially a directing nod as well.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think that The Kominsky Method will get a Series nod. I’m predicting it to get 2 acting noms but I can’t see it getting into series. Grace and Frankie was never nominated for series so I don’t see why this will

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Has anyone seen Ramy? It looks really interesting.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Same, I cant see it being dropped after nominations for all seasons.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know where Charlie Barnett will be submitting for Russian Doll? If the show manages to get a series nom, when considering how barren leading actor is, I wouldn’t be shocked if he got in. However, if he’s going supporting, then he probably doesn’t have as good of a chance.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I had my doubts before, but I can really see Jim Parsons getting in for the last season of the Big Bang Theory. Macy most likely won’t be nominated due to the College Scandal, Cheadle was in an awful show, If Blackish loses a series nod then Anderson could miss.

Actor:

Locks- Hader, Douglas, Danson

Great Chance- Carrey, Parsons, Anderson

Possibility- Macy, Gervais, Cohen, Cheadle

Actress:

Locks- Dreyfus, Brosnahan, Tomlin

Great Chance- Janney, Lyonne, Brie, Adlon, Bell

Possibility- Rae, Ross, Fonda, Waller Bridge

Supporting Actor:

Locks- Hale, Shalhoub, Arkin, Winkler, Burgess

Great Chance- Thompson, Walsh

Possibility- Simmons, Baldwin

Supporting Actress:

Locks- Borstein, Chlumsky

Great Chance- Colman, Gilpin, McKinnon, Metcalf

Possibility- Carden, Jones, Bryant, Mullally, Bialik, Hinkle, Moreno

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Actress: Locks- Dreyfus, Brosnahan, Tomlin  

She is definitely not a lock. It’s impossible for Dreyfus and Brosnahan to miss, but this is not the case for her. By the way, Phoebe Waller-Bridge seems to be generating quite a buzz for the play version of Fleabag.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone’s saying that Tomlin and Janney will miss this year. I can see Janney missing but I can’t see Tomlin missing. She had her best season of Grace and Frankie this year and She will not miss

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think that The Kominsky Method will get a Series nod. I’m predicting it to get 2 acting noms but I can’t see it getting into series. Grace and Frankie was never nominated for series so I don’t see why this will

The Kominsky Method won the Golden Globe for best comedy series, was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Comedy Series, was an AFI top-ten show of the year and got its ensemble nominated by the Screen Actors Guild. Grace and Frankie has done none of these things.

Has anyone seen Ramy? It looks really interesting.

First episode was trying too hard. Second episode was better.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

The Kominsky Method won the Golden Globe for best comedy series, was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Comedy Series, was an AFI top-ten show of the year and got its ensemble nominated by the Screen Actors Guild. Grace and Frankie has done none of these things.

Brooklyn 99 also won the comedy Globe (along with actor) and was nominated for SAG ensemble. I don’t think it got into series at CC but I seem to recall that Braugher won. Not a one to one comparison, I know, but something to keep in mind…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.