Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 470 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
33 mins ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
lacourseauxet..
gabarnes43
  • jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

The Kominsky Method won the Golden Globe for best comedy series, was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Comedy Series, was an AFI top-ten show of the year and got its ensemble nominated by the Screen Actors Guild. Grace and Frankie has done none of these things.

Brooklyn 99 also won the comedy Globe (along with actor) and was nominated for SAG ensemble. I don’t think it got into series at CC but I seem to recall that Braugher won. Not a one to one comparison, I know, but something to keep in mind…

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

If it was Russian Doll to have a November release, we would be speaking a different scenario. I don’t think anyone would care about The Kominsky Method at the end of the year without that timing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

How can you all ignore the comedic gold that was Riverdale 3.16 “Big Fun?” It should win comedy writing and directing!

Sorry, I just had to.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing made me laugh out loud more all year, I dare someone to watch the Candy Store scene and keep a straight face.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

Nothing made me laugh out loud more all year, I dare someone to watch the Candy Store scene and keep a straight face.

Hahahahaha Candy Store was so bad. The sound effects for the hair – I died.
    https://youtu.be/t-w6_33VVkU

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Finally saw Ramy and all I can say is WOW. Best TV show of the year. I would be surprised if the show got any Emmy recognition though. I could see it winning a Peabody and maybe some love from the TCA and Critics Choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we all collectively take Veep out of the top spot from our predictions in solidarity for quality television?
    These past couple episodes were atrocious.
    Let’s not Modern Family/Fraser this season people!

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve actually watched quite a lot of comedies so far. I’m trying to watch as many shows as possible, so far I’ve watched:

• After Life
    • Russian Doll
    • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    • Fleabag
    • The Big Bang Theory
    • Catastrophe
    • Grace and Frankie
    • The Good Place
    • The Conners
    • Young Sheldon
    ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I have said it several times and I will say it again – Schitt’s Creek needs to get major Emmy love.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Kudos to Netflix for playing the game and making sure voters know it’s the final season, despite having only six episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Time for Tituss Burgess’ Emmy.

How can you all ignore the comedic gold that was Riverdale 3.16 “Big Fun?” It should win comedy writing and directing! Sorry, I just had to.

Could it finally break The CW’s Emmys curse? 😂

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Time for Tituss Burgess’ Emmy.

PLEASE

He’ll win for the TV movie tho

Literally the 100th time I use this GIF here

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly do believe that it’s between Tony Shalhoub and Tituss Burgess for the Emmy. Not ready to officially switch my prediction at this point, but I’d even give the edge to Burgess because the Emmys seem to be trying to give awards to people they’ve skipped over in the past, and it’s possible that they’ll want to give UKS SOMETHING for its final season after losing every single award it’s ever been nominated for. However, Shalhoub owned the world on Maisel season two, and he may prove just too undeniable to overcome.

(also, unrelated, but does anyone know what’s up with Russian Doll? The fact that it hasn’t been renewed yet is really stressing me out.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The only way that Burgess is getting nominated is through a tie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Half of the voters will have him in the first pages of the ballots, which is why I don’t see them skipping over him even though the show has no buzz. He is in a tougher position because of the strong competition, so I might be wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 470 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.