Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
gabarnes43
EsOS
  • Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Fleabag get a writing nomination

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

This is random: I just noticed this but why are there more people predicting Rachel Brosnahan to get a nom than Julia Louis-Dreyfus? Heck people are predicting Veep more than its actual star. It’s nothing but I still worry for people sometimes.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series

• Barry, Bill Hader
    • The  Big Bang Theory, Mark Cendrowski
    • The Marvelous Mrs. MaiselDaniel Palladino “We’re Going to the Catskills!”
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Amy Sherman-Palladino “All Alone”
    • Veep, David Mandel
    • Veep, Dale Stern

07. Veep, Morgan Sackett
    08. Barry, Hiro Murai “The Show Must Go On, Probably?”
    09. GLOW, Jesse Peretz “Every Potato Has a Receipt”
    10. Better Things, Pamela Adlon

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series

• Barry, Alec Berg and Bill Hader
    • Barry, Liz Sarnoff
    • Catastrophe, Rob Delaney & Sharon Horgan “Episode 6”
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Amy Sherman-Palladino “All Alone”
    • Veep, David Mandel
    • Veep, Lew Morton

07. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Daniel Palladino “We’re Going to the Catskills!”
    07. Fleabag, Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    08. Russian Doll, Natasha Lyonne, Leslye Headland, & Amy Poehler “Nothing in This World Is Easy”

Catastrophe is my surprise creative choice. It could be replaced by Fleabag or Russian Doll. Maybe even The Good Place.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so I am, of course predicting Julia to win Comedy Actress (and I actually want her to get that 7/7), but the support The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Rachel Brosnahan have is INSANE, she’s been sweeping left and right all season (ik Julia is not eligible but it’s still impressive). Are some people here predicting Rachel to prevail?

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

no

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I have been kind of iffy on predicting Leslie Jones and Aidy Bryant in the supporting actress category because I do think “SNL” fatigue has died down from a few years ago at its height. However, Bryant is getting a lot of good notices right now for “Shrill” and I could see that love translating to another nomination for her in this category. I’d put her above Jones just because of that, but I’m currently not predicting other. I have Carden and Hinkle in right now. “Maisel” seems primed to have another strong year and Hinkle’s character gets a huge showcase in the first episode. Carden is riding a major wave of love from this season and “The Good Place” seems like it might have a breakthrough year, plus Carden is on another Emmy favorite, “Barry,” but I acknowledge that Carden is one of my passion picks currently. I may eventually move out Carden for Bryant and just hope I don’t get screwed over by Jones being the second “SNL” lady to get the supporting nomination. None of them should be getting a nomination this year, but that’s besides the point…

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Carden and Hinkle in right now

These two being snubbed in favour of SNL actresses would be CRIMINAL. Carden was insane in Janets and Hinkle is, imo, better than Borstein this season (although both are excellent).

I still don’t get why Olivia Colman is so high in the predictions center.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Carden is riding a major wave of love from this season and “The Good Place” seems like it might have a breakthrough year

The thing is, TGP was supposed to have that breakthrough season LAST year, and look what happened. Rudolph lost guest actress, Megan Amram’s wonderful hat tip satire to look-at-me campaigning, An Emmy for Megan, got hosed by Christina forking Pickles winning, and Danson lost to an actor who was in a dramatic “comedy”. To say nothing of the dozen nominations the show was hosed out of in the first place.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible that the multicam directing slot could go to One Day at a Time? It’ll be difficult to get in above TBBT, but I think that it could do it, especially seeing as how it is getting such massive attention right now.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing is, TGP was supposed to have that breakthrough season LAST year, and look what happened. Rudolph lost guest actress, Megan Amram’s wonderful hat tip satire to look-at-me campaigning, An Emmy for Megan, got hosed by Christina forking Pickles winning, and Danson lost to an actor who was in a dramatic “comedy”. To say nothing of the dozen nominations the show was hosed out of in the first place.

The show did breakthrough last year. It was predicted for nothing but managed to get a couple of nominations.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Aidy is making it back in to supporting purely because a certain portion of voters will rally around her in lead instead for Shrill, but I assume neither will ultimately be big enough for her to make it in to either categories.

vonmar
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible that the multicam directing slot could go to One Day at a Time? It’ll be difficult to get in above TBBT, but I think that it could do it, especially seeing as how it is getting such massive attention right now.

Just prior to voting begins, The Big Bang Theory will be coming off of their series finale which airs on May 16th. It will be fresh in voters minds.

nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

I was literally coming here to ask that same question! It’s been getting a lot of hype after it’s cancellation and I could see it’s small but clearly very passionate fanbase rallying around it. With that said, it probably won’t happen and it’ll got to TBBT again, especially since I doubt Netflix will campaign for it so as to not remind people of how much shit they got for cancelling it, but we can dream.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  nkb325.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by  nkb325.
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am wondering if Catastrophe can manage to get back into writing. It seems to have a much higher profile this go around than for when it got the nomination in season one and is helped by good timing (and, yes, I know it missed for season 2). Main factor against it would probably be other “high brow, auteur” comedies like Fleabag and Russian Doll getting votes from the same demographic (plus multiple contenders from Veep, Barry and Maisel taking up the majority of the spots).

If Veep, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Barry each submit two episodes (and Barry maintains its quality), it will be too easy for all of them to be nominated, leaving no space for anything else.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.