Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 471 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
lacourseauxet..
gabarnes43
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m kinda rooting for Maya Rudolph to finally win an overdue Emmy, and Guest Actress in a Comedy this year seems perfect for that to happen.

Should already be a double winner in that category for The Good Place last year and for Kimmy Schmidt in 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

So are we all kidding ourselves that Baldwin isn’t getting back into supporting now that we know that’s where he’s being submitted. It’s a very stacked category this year but I can’t help but thinking that his lack of popularity on the forums is influencing the general prediction consensus (including mine). It would be a very Emmys move.

I doubt it. He’s at the very least weaker than Thompson IMO, and I’m not predicting either of them. He’s probably a top 10 contender though (after Shalhoub, Arkin, Winkler, Hale, Burgess, Root, Carrigan, Thompson, and Walsh).

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Team Good Place:

Comedy Series
    Actress: K-Bell
    Actor: Danson
    S Actress: D’Arcy Carden (the eventual winner, IMO), Jameela Jamil
    S Actor: William Jackson Harper, Manny Jacinto
    Guest Actress: Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Maya Rudolph
    Guest Actor: Marc Evan Jackson, Stephen Merchant, Adam Scott

Surprising that Michael McKean and Maribeth Monroe were left out of Guest. Submit thyselves, dude and dude-ette!

ReplyCopy URL
    rlk
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s probably a top 10 contender though (after Shalhoub, Arkin, Winkler, Hale, Burgess, Root, Carrigan, Thompson, and Walsh).

I know I am in the minority here, especially when you look at the fact that they have been nominated before. But I cannot understand a scenario where Hale and Walsh are nominated before Simons, just based off the season’s material alone.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Simons’ storyline is so outrageous and is only stronger than Walsh’s. Even Hale remains better with his basically non-existent material.

ReplyCopy URL
    rlk
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t believe they gave Hale nothing of merit to do this year. This is how you treat a two-time Emmy winner in a show’s final season?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s why I’m pulling for the finale to give him some material with 50 minutes, but I don’t hold much hope.

ReplyCopy URL
    rlk
    Participant
    Topics:

Me either, just based on scenes for next week. So disappointing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought we would get some scenes of him planning the wedding last week and clashing with Marjorie over it but nope. We got nothing of that sort.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dj_onathan
    Participant
    Topics:

Although is very unlikely, I would love to see Mayim Bialik back. She’s almost a co-lead this season in Big Bang Theory and is doing a pretty good job.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Should already be a double winner in that category for The Good Place last year and for Kimmy Schmidt in 2017.

Maya should have been nominated and won for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in 2017. Not sooo much for The Good Place in 2018. The rightful winner should have been Molly Shannon from Will & Grace or Jane Lunch.

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Although is very unlikely, I would love to see Mayim Bialik back. She’s almost a co-lead this season in Big Bang Theory and is doing a pretty good job.

I totally agree.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Tony Shalhoub takes the Emmy this year tbh. He should’ve won last year as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Tony Shalhoub takes the Emmy this year tbh. He should’ve won last year as well.

Based on Tony Shalhoub’s submission last year, he had no business being anywhere near the Emmy award for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to see Parsons return more than anyone. I feel like he gets a bad rep around here because he was over-rewarded during the series’ best days but he has never stopped being brilliant even when the show’s writing fell off a cliff.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.