Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
lacourseauxet..
gabarnes43
  • lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Based on Tony Shalhoub’s submission last year, he had no business being anywhere near the Emmy award for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.

But why should we judge just based on submissions instead of on their work throughout the season?

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

But why should we judge just based on submissions instead of on their work throughout the season?

Then why bother with having submissions at all if they are going to be thrown out of the window in order to base the winner on their work throughout the season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well done, Netflix. Looks like they are focusing on Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin and Chuck Lorre, who is their only submission for writing (presumably the pilot, but possibly the second or fifth episode instead) and directing (pilot).

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazon has such a stellar slate of comedy with Catastrophe, Fleabag, Forever, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but they are wasting it with campaigning only the latter. They should just look at Netflix.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazon has such a stellar slate of comedy with Catastrophe, Fleabag, Forever, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but they are wasting it with campaigning only the latter. They should just look at Netflix.

All of this

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot McKay and Ferrell were working on the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Right? I actually had no idea until the credits rolled on the first episode. I feel like Adam McKay has a lot of industry pull, so it makes me take this show more seriously as an Emmy contender. I love how they assembled the FYC package before any reviews had come out, so there are no quotes and just awkward pictures in the DVD booklet. Why not just have some information about the crew or characters? Also, really, ten half-hour episodes across three discs?

ReplyCopy URL
    RichardAniston
    Participant
    Topics:

I really do hope Dead to Me gets in to Comedy series. Great show. I think it can get in with Atlanta and Curb not being in the running. Also they can drop GLOW or Kimmy Schmidt.

I think it’s bad move to Cardellini for Lead Actress. She should have been submitted to Supporting Actress. Maximize nominations and not have her compete with Applegate, potentially splitting votes.

Valerie Mahaffey was great and I hope she gets into Guest Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know why Tom ONeil is predicting Case Walker for The Other Two? Don’t really see the logic behind it.

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know why Tom ONeil is predicting Case Walker for The Other Two? Don’t really see the logic behind it.

I honestly don’t understand why many of the editors have been predicting The Other Two for many categories actually. It just seemed weird to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

That doesn’t surprise me, the show had buzz when it was on and was really well liked but critics, but I don’t see the logic behind Walker getting in

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC for Comedy Series and Writing “Riverdale” lmao: https://youtu.be/wMRguf9lVaM

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC for Comedy Series and Writing “Riverdale” lmao: https://youtu.be/wMRguf9lVaM

Hey, don’t steal my FYC campaign 😉 these scenes should be featured in their Best Comedy Series clip (please watch if you want to laugh). Oh, and don’t forget to play duck duck goose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-w6_33VVkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UmHVb8Mkw

Pay close attention to the sound effects 😀

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-w6_33VVkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UmHVb8Mkw

I’m definitely recommending this for the Emmy voter comedy thread lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

And choreography, sound editing & sound mixing. A+

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 471 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.