Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 465 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
gabarnes43
EsOS
  • Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Weird to predict three supporting and not a second director though. I could easily see the last two slots going to Barry (Carrigan/Root), Veep (Simons/Walsh) or neither (Burgess/Thompson).

My money is Thompson.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Scenario #4 (Emmy taketh, Emmy giveth): Baldwin/Maron

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Speaking as a big fan of Tituss Burgess, he is certainly no lock. That show has decreased in nominations each time, and I’ve barely heard anybody even discuss this final half-season.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Jaime Preslly is PHENOMENAL in Mom (episodes 3 and 12, so far). I don´t know why she´s not even considered for a nomination.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Supporting Actor is a mess. I want to predict 10 people.

Hale, Shalhoub, Arkin, Winkler, Burgess, Walsh, Carrigan, Simmons, Root, and Thompson.

The first 4 are locked.

Titus Burgess is also kinda locked. A previous 4x nominee and this is his final season.

Matt Walsh would be a lock had he not been such a non-event in the final season of Veep. I thinks he gets in, however.

Kenan Thompson is a huge possibility. There’s not a good enough reason why they would drop him, however I think he’s vulnerable for a snub.

If there is an uptick in nominations for Barry, which i’m sure most of us are predicting there will be, then Anthony Carrigan (better performance) and Stephen Root (veteran) are also likely to pop up here.

Final season goodbye to Veep may ‘coattail’ Timothy Simmons to a nomination. He has way more screen time and a clear storyline than everyone on that show not named Julia Louis- Dreyfus. He’s basically been a co-lead since season 6. But then again, situations like these did not help others like Dean Norris and Betsy Brandt for Breaking Bad. A little unrelated but Sophie Turner may be in a similar position.

I’m a novice at this so can someone throw in their 2 cents…

William Jackson Harper has two excellent tapes from The Good Place; Jeremy Bearimy and Pandemonium. Discount him at your own peril.

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Was there any buzz for Kimmy Schmidt for the first half of its season? I don’t remember any but it still got series and supporting actor. The only reason I’m keeping it in both categories is cause I really didn’t expect it to get in last year when it did. It just seems wild that they would drop Kimmy Schmidt and Burgress on its very last season when it’s always gotten in, but I suppose that’s not unheard of.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  akyanks.
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking as a big fan of Tituss Burgess, he is certainly no lock. That show has decreased in nominations each time, and I’ve barely heard anybody even discuss this final half-season.

He really should’ve won for that Lemonade episode to be honest

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

He really should’ve won for that Lemonade episode to be honest

No truer words were ever written on a Goldderby thread.

The definition of iconic.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Owl-Always-watching
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish Superstore would get on awards radar. Highly underrated

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Was there any buzz for Kimmy Schmidt for the first half of its season? I don’t remember any but it still got series and supporting actor. The only reason I’m keeping it in both categories is cause I really didn’t expect it to get in last year when it did. It just seems wild that they would drop Kimmy Schmidt and Burgress on its very last season when it’s always gotten in, but I suppose that’s not unheard of.

Titus had 2 powerhouse submissions from Seasons One and Three. Pinot Noir from season one should have gotten him the win.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

After the Finale of the Big Bang Theory, this is what I think it is going to get nominated for:

• Lead Actor- Jim Parsons
    • Guest Actress- Christine Baranski
    • Guest Actor- Bob Newhart
    • Directing- Mark Cendrowski
    • Cinematography for a Multi Camera Series
    • Multi Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy
    • Production Design for a narrative Program
    • Technical Direction

Is the Unravelling the Mystery special elegible for anything?

I think The Series also has a chance in Comedy Series and Supporting Actress

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ugh, is Jim Parson really going to be nominated again? That sixth slot is ridiculous. I have Jim Carrey only because Kidding was pretentiously artsy, which makes it more admirable than other flops. At least they were striving for something, you know? But if it comes down to pure name recognition, I could see it being Jason Bateman. He has so much respect right now. We know how much the Emmys could not care less about certain shows (especially in the comedy lead categories), but people get nominated because of accumulated goodwill from their careers.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

And then there’s The Marvelous Mrs Maisel. I’ve hardly seen anyone talking about the possibility of a second Supporting Actor nomination (as we have for Barry). Michael Zegen and Kevin Pollak would make great nominees and I would gladly love to see either one pop up, especially Zegen.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s bad enough Shalhoub is being considered, we don’t need 2 SA nominees from that overrated show.

Smi
    Participant
    Topics:

In response to Fleabag launching this weekend on Amazon, I would honestly nominate and award Phoebe for actress, writing, Andrew Scott for supporting actor, Olivia for Supporting Actress, and then the whole show for Comedy Series. Best show I’ve seen this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.