Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 465 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
gabarnes43
EsOS
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh, is Jim Parson really going to be nominated again? That sixth slot is ridiculous. I have Jim Carrey only because Kidding was pretentiously artsy, which makes it more admirable than other flops.

In the exact boat right now. Hader (reigning winner & increased viewers), Douglas (movie Star leading the first auteur-ish Project from a TV legend) and Danson (TV legend on a cool show) & seems inevitable at this point. Wanna say the same about Anderson but haven’t seen of blackish this season so can’t judge personally, if it stays in either series or actress I don’t see how he can miss.

Gervais is well liked by the academy so An nomination for After Life seems very plausible right now.

Not sold on either Cheadle or B-Cohen since former’s just so lacklustre / fizzled out and the latter’s is the broadest definition of sketch comedy (its practically Punk’d) but their both Showtime and they’ve done well here. Carey seems like a good choice for a nomination since Kidding is good and he’s a famous movie star but such it’s a weird show structurally I don’t know weather whose who watched it will take to it. Speaking of Showtime, the college admissions scandal killed of any chance of Macy, imo.

For my sixth slot my going back and fourth between Parsons, Tarver and Youssef.

Parsons since the finale had such buzz around, Tarver since it’s the lovechild of two SNL writers / Comedy Central are actively campaigning and Youssef because it’s acclaimed culturally conscious auteur project from its leading star, these have done well in the recent past (Ansari, Glover).

Right now have top 6 as

1. Hader
    2. Danson
    3. Gervais
    4. Douglas
    5. Anderson
    6. Tarver

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh, is Jim Parson really going to be nominated again? That sixth slot is ridiculous. I have Jim Carrey only because Kidding was pretentiously artsy, which makes it more admirable than other flops. At least they were striving for something, you know? But if it comes down to pure name recognition, I could see it being Jason Bateman. He has so much respect right now. We know how much the Emmys could not care less about certain shows (especially in the comedy lead categories), but people get nominated because of accumulated goodwill from their careers.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is headed for her 7th nomination and 7th consecutive win for VEEP. That’s really where the “Ugh” should start and end.

Would be great if both Parsons and Louis-Dreyfus won again on the same night. The last time the Emmys had ratings to write home about, was 2014 (66th) where they both won.

From a ratings standpoint (ask the Oscars), Game of Thrones and Big Bang Theory would bring in audiences the Emmys need. The audiences they lost when they dropped a popular, ratings monster like The Big Bang Theory, in favor of niche and bougie shows that people don’t watch. We’re at a disastrous 10 million viewers, the lowest in history, and lower than a lot of Network tv shows. And dropping.

Give the people what they want. The Oscars just proved that.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

If you actually watched The Big Bang Finale you would see that Jim Parsons really deserves to be nominated and even win. It was the best episode of TV I have seen in a very long time.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

If you actually watched The Big Bang Finale you would see that Jim Parsons really deserves to be nominated and even win.

Agree with this

It was the best episode of TV I have seen in a very long time.

Baffled by this

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t mind if Parsons wins Emmy #5 this year. I know you guys hate it, but his Nobel speech in the finale is the type of acting showcases that wins awards.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t mind if Parsons wins Emmy #5 this year. I know you guys hate it, but his Nobel speech in the finale is the type of acting showcases that wins awards.

100% agree with this

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow Sian Clifford on Fleabag was so good. I think that she does the best acting on the show. Such a contained, emotional, hilarious performance.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Give the people what they want. The Oscars just proved that.

Awards are best when they tell people what they should watch.

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Leslie Jones is trending for what she said about the abortion bill on SNL so I’m guessing she’s in now if she wasn’t already.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Leslie Jones is trending for what she said about the abortion bill on SNL so I’m guessing she’s in now if she wasn’t already.

Jus
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow Sian Clifford on Fleabag was so good. I think that she does the best acting on the show. Such a contained, emotional, hilarious performance.

I know right!? I love her.
    I don’t care how this will mess up my predictions, I’m putting Fleabag in every comedy category possible.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Both this and Baldwin returning are messing our predictions.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Not saying she deserves a nom over worthier contender but Leslie’s monologue on the abortion bill was kinda fucking brilliant

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Kidding so low on predictions? I taught the show was quite good?

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Buzz seems low and the only industry nomination that it has received was for sound editing.

The viral clip is too little, too late for Leslie Jones if you ask me.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.