Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 465 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
gabarnes43
ospencer
  • Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

For Comedy Actress I have:
    1. Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    2. Rachel Brosnahan
    3. Lily Tomlin
    4. Allison Janney
    5. Natasha Lyonne
    6. Alison Brie

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

For Comedy Actress I have:
    5. Natasha Lyonne

Why would someone from a limited series be nominated?

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Russian Doll was pitched as a three-season show, and there’s nothing to lead us to believe that it would be a limited series. Some people (including me) think that it SHOULD be a limited series and just end where the first season ended, but that doesn’t mean it IS a limited series. Especially if there’ll be two more seasons.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 5 of Grace and Frankie was great, I can’t see Tomlin missing.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Russian Doll was pitched as a three-season show, and there’s nothing to lead us to believe that it would be a limited series. Some people (including me) think that it SHOULD be a limited series and just end where the first season ended, but that doesn’t mean it IS a limited series. Especially if there’ll be two more seasons.

True, but as of right now the show wasn’t renewed and we don’t know if and how the possible future seasons would be connected with the first.
    Basing on the current knowledge it should be considered as limited indeed.
    But it doesn’t matter really as Netflix probably just want to take it away from the stacked Limited Series category 🙂

Anonymous
    Topics:

Why would someone from a limited series be nominated?

They would make an exception just to prevent Kristen Bell from getting nominated.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

True, but as of right now the show wasn’t renewed and we don’t know if and how the possible future seasons would be connected with the first. Basing on the current knowledge it should be considered as limited indeed.

Hmm, sounds like just about every other first season of a show in the history of television.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

If the comedy categories weren’t this competitive, I would be predicting Waller-Bridge and Bryant for Lead Actress.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Comedy Central make Drew Tarver happen? We have heard they are mounting a large campaign and Comedy Lead Actor is a wasteland. Plus, I think Yorke is quite funny, but Tarver is the show’s acting standout.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I think if they just submitted one of them for SAG then they would win, SAG loves Netflix and they are well respected by other actors. The reason they haven’t won is because of vote splitting

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

So Netflix has these four contenders for comedy series: GLOW, The Kominsky Method, Russian Doll, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

GLOW is definitely getting nominated. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a four time nominee which has never missed and competing for a well-received final season. Russian Doll is the new auteur entry which the voters respond well if it receives great critical acclaim which is in fact the case. The Kominsky Method is certain to receive two acting nominations for its stars and had been a nominee for SAG ensemble award. Is Netflix going to occupy 4 out of 7 slots? It does not seem realistic as the predictions center says so, but I’m struggling to understand why it is not going to be The Kominsky Method missing the nomination.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

GLOW and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt are locks. I think that Douglas will get a nomination in an incredibly weak category, and while I’m a little less sure about Arkin, but he’ll probably make it too. However, the show doesn’t seem to have that much passion behind it, and I just don’t think it’ll have the strength to get that key series nomination. Russian Doll has a better shot, but I think it’ll ultimately miss too, just because it might seem too “weird” for more traditional voters.

GeneralsFan123
    Participant
    Topics:

So Netflix has these four contenders for comedy series: GLOW, The Kominsky Method, Russian Doll, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. GLOW is definitely getting nominated. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a four time nominee which has never missed and competing for a well-received final season. Russian Doll is the new auteur entry which the voters respond well if it receives great critical acclaim which is in fact the case. The Kominsky Method is certain to receive two acting nominations for its stars and had been a nominee for SAG ensemble award. Is Netflix going to occupy 4 out of 7 slots? It does not seem realistic as the predictions center says so, but I’m struggling to understand why it is not going to be The Kominsky Method missing the nomination.

Weird position Netflix is in,they don’t have any real “locks” in the category but they have 4 shows which realistically are in the top 9 right now. Could see them moving Russian Doll to Limited cause it’s unlikely gonna beat Veep,Maisel or Barry in a writing or acting category wheras if Kominsky Method lands into Comedy Series Douglas or Arkin could be upset spoilers.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ll be honestly surprised if we have 6 nominees for comedy actress this year. I expect 7 at least nominees. There’s just too many strong contenders. Has 8 ever happened in the recent years? In any lead acting categories? Cause this might be a first.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

GLOW missed writing, lead actress, supporting actor, editing and sound, so it cannot quite be a lock for a nomination, but it went on to win two Emmys, plus a SAG award in a combined drama category and it broke into the PGA field of five, so I agree that it is basically a lock, as I do not see how it misses the Emmy field of seven.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.