Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 465 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +35 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
gabarnes43
EsOS
  • Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong but if Lin-Manuel Miranda gets a nomination for Brooklyn 99 this year, he would the first actor to be nominated in the same category in three consecutive years (2017-2019) for three different programmes (SNL, Curb & B99).

Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Aidy Bryant to be in the conversation for her performance in Shrill. Only six episodes, but her performance in episode four is one of the most effortless, charming, heartbreaking and relatable performances to be captured on camera. She truly deserves recognition.

dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be honestly surprised if we have 6 nominees for comedy actress this year. I expect 7 at least nominees. There’s just too many strong contenders. Has 8 ever happened in the recent years? In any lead acting categories? Cause this might be a first.

It’s not lead, but the most recent (and only?) one I can think of is 2015 when eight people were nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy (Janney, Bialik, Bowen, Chlumsky, Hoffman, Krakowski, McKinnon, and Nash). Looking over the past decade, other than 2015, I don’t see any other lead or supporting comedy categories with more than seven.

furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year in Supporting Actress Comedy

insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

Molly Shannon should win Supporting Actress in a Comedy for The Other Two. Her performance in the ninth episode (“Chase Drops His First Album”) was incredible. It’s a dramatic turn for what was a fairly lightweight character up until that point, but she has comedic moments in the episode and her big scene is such a knockout punch.

Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is not What We Do in the Shadows in the Shadows in the prediction center? The first episode was one of the most hilarious episodes I’ve ever seen.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

96 Rotten Tomatoes, 81 Metacritic. Another new contender, yes.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Forget Veep, forget Maisel, Riverdale should win Best Comedy Series. It’s by far the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in years.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Forget Veep, forget Maisel, Riverdale should win Best Comedy Series. It’s by far the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in years.

Heh heh heh…. 😀

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

This show is the definition of a mess. Has it been renewed for a 4th season yet?

Banned for making a fake movie poster

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Lmao I don’t watch it but the YouTube videos making fun of its cringe kill me.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions for OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES (w/ my predictions tapes):

1. Veep (-,-,-,-,-,-)
    2. The Marvelous Mrs. Maiseil (Simone, We’re Going to the Catskills!, Midnight at the Concord, Look, She Made a Hat!, Vote for Kennedy, Vote for Kennedy, All Alone)
    3. Barry (-,-,-,-,-,-)
    4. The Good Place (Everything is Bonzer!, Jeremy Bearimy, Janet(s), The Book of Dougs, Chidi Sees the Time-Knife, Pandemonium)
    5. GLOW (Viking Funeral, Mother of All Matches, Work the Leg, Nothing Shattered, The Good Twin, Every Potato Has a Receipt)
    6. The Kominsky Method (Chapter Three: A Prostate Enlarges, Chapter Four: A Kegel Squeaks, Chapter Five: An Agent Crowns, Chapter Six: A Daughter Detoxes, Chapter Seven: A String Is Attached, Chapter Eight: A Widow Approaches)
    7. black-ish (Don’t You Be My Neighbor, Purple Rain, Black Like Us, Black History Month, -, -)

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

This show is the definition of a mess. Has it been renewed for a 4th season yet?

THere’s going to be a “Katy Keene” Riverdale spinoff: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a26024788/riverdale-spinoff-katy-keene-news-release-date-cast-spoilers/

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions for OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES (w/ my predictions tapes):

4. The Good Place (Everything is Bonzer!, Jeremy Bearimy, Janet(s), The Book of Dougs, Chidi Sees the Time-Knife, Pandemonium)

That’s a near pitch-perfect murderers row of great comedy. Only thing: I’d sub out Book of Dougs for The Worst Possible Use of Free Will. In an ideal world, this would bestride all other competition like a colossus of yore.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.