Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 235 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
59 mins ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
gabarnes43
ospencer
Stegeo
  • GeneralsFan123
    Participant
    Topics:

So Netflix has these four contenders for comedy series: GLOW, The Kominsky Method, Russian Doll, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. GLOW is definitely getting nominated. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a four time nominee which has never missed and competing for a well-received final season. Russian Doll is the new auteur entry which the voters respond well if it receives great critical acclaim which is in fact the case. The Kominsky Method is certain to receive two acting nominations for its stars and had been a nominee for SAG ensemble award. Is Netflix going to occupy 4 out of 7 slots? It does not seem realistic as the predictions center says so, but I’m struggling to understand why it is not going to be The Kominsky Method missing the nomination.

Weird position Netflix is in,they don’t have any real “locks” in the category but they have 4 shows which realistically are in the top 9 right now. Could see them moving Russian Doll to Limited cause it’s unlikely gonna beat Veep,Maisel or Barry in a writing or acting category wheras if Kominsky Method lands into Comedy Series Douglas or Arkin could be upset spoilers.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think GLOW is basically a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be honestly surprised if we have 6 nominees for comedy actress this year. I expect 7 at least nominees. There’s just too many strong contenders. Has 8 ever happened in the recent years? In any lead acting categories? Cause this might be a first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

GLOW missed writing, lead actress, supporting actor, editing and sound, so it cannot quite be a lock for a nomination, but it went on to win two Emmys, plus a SAG award in a combined drama category and it broke into the PGA field of five, so I agree that it is basically a lock, as I do not see how it misses the Emmy field of seven.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong but if Lin-Manuel Miranda gets a nomination for Brooklyn 99 this year, he would the first actor to be nominated in the same category in three consecutive years (2017-2019) for three different programmes (SNL, Curb & B99).

ReplyCopy URL
    Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Aidy Bryant to be in the conversation for her performance in Shrill. Only six episodes, but her performance in episode four is one of the most effortless, charming, heartbreaking and relatable performances to be captured on camera. She truly deserves recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
    dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll be honestly surprised if we have 6 nominees for comedy actress this year. I expect 7 at least nominees. There’s just too many strong contenders. Has 8 ever happened in the recent years? In any lead acting categories? Cause this might be a first.

It’s not lead, but the most recent (and only?) one I can think of is 2015 when eight people were nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy (Janney, Bialik, Bowen, Chlumsky, Hoffman, Krakowski, McKinnon, and Nash). Looking over the past decade, other than 2015, I don’t see any other lead or supporting comedy categories with more than seven.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year in Supporting Actress Comedy

ReplyCopy URL
    insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

Molly Shannon should win Supporting Actress in a Comedy for The Other Two. Her performance in the ninth episode (“Chase Drops His First Album”) was incredible. It’s a dramatic turn for what was a fairly lightweight character up until that point, but she has comedic moments in the episode and her big scene is such a knockout punch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is not What We Do in the Shadows in the Shadows in the prediction center? The first episode was one of the most hilarious episodes I’ve ever seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

96 Rotten Tomatoes, 81 Metacritic. Another new contender, yes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Forget Veep, forget Maisel, Riverdale should win Best Comedy Series. It’s by far the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in years.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Forget Veep, forget Maisel, Riverdale should win Best Comedy Series. It’s by far the most hilarious thing I’ve seen in years.

Heh heh heh…. 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

This show is the definition of a mess. Has it been renewed for a 4th season yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao I don’t watch it but the YouTube videos making fun of its cringe kill me.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.