Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 445 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +49 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
wolfali
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They need to campaign Conroy.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

With AHS… there is a very great chance that it is just completely snubbed in Drama Series. This is untested waters and I think the Emmys might be over the show, even if it’s latest season was a return to form. I think the greatest shots at nominations are the following:

Lead Actress: Sarah Paulson

Supporting Actress: Kathy Bates
    (although not listed on F/X’s FYC website)

Guest Actress: Jessica Lange

Guest Actress: Connie Britton

Drama Directing

I also think there is a SLIGHT shot at Evan Peters making it in for Supporting Actor because that category is extremely boring. Had F/X chose to campaign Cody Fern in Supporting, I think he would have had a shot, but not in Lead.

Random sidenote: Robin Wright is NOT happening. Stop trying to make her happen. That final season of HoC came and went and NOBODY cared! The season was poorly reviewed and not buzzed about at all… plus it aired a long time ago. I am saying this as a fan on the series. Voters aren’t going to remember a canceled series that was surrounded by controversy over its lead being fired. If she’s lucky, she’ll be nominated. But she ain’t winning. Not up against Sandra Oh (the current Golden Globe and SAG winner), her critically acclaimed and BAFTA-nominated co-Star Jodie Comer, Laura Linney or Julia Roberts. Sorry!

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If Sarah Paulson’s nominated, she’ll have to submit an episode. Thoughts? I think episodes 3,4, and 10 (the finale) would all be great options. In 3 she plays two different characters, in 4 she has that amazing scene where she yells at all the men, and she cries for about 10 minutes in the finale. (not that episodes matter though).

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Paulson will get nominated, The only think I had AHS for in Limited Categories was supporting actress for Kathy Bates. It won’t get into Series, actress. Bates will probably get in and it will get a few guest nominations

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

celine17
    Participant
    Topics:

Paulson could get the sixth spot at best with no real shot of winning. Emilia Clarke is still getting in before her. I don’t see AHS getting into Drama Series and their best bet is definitely in Guest and Supporting categories.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

There’s always the possibility of a seven-actor lineup, don’t forget, like drama supporting actress last year, which I totally predicted. Heck, there could even be an eight-actor lineup as we’ve seen.

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe, yes. Drama Series is so barren, it’s possible. Curious to see who submits where, because supp. actress and actor are so barren, AHS actors could dominate.

I don’t disagree about supporting actress but series and actor have no place for AHS. Series has Game of Thrones, Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, Bodyguard, Homecoming, Pose, Succession, Ozark, and This is Us, all of which are far more likely that a show that has been dropped from limited series lineup even in relatively weak years. No way AHS makes it ahead of these. Actor also has plenty of more likely nominees in Milo Ventimiglia, Sterling K Brown, Jason Bateman, Billy Porter, Bob Odenkirk, Kit Harrington, and Richard Madden. Given that their actor contender is Cody Fern, his chances go even lower. I adore Fern and I love his performance in AHS but I don’t see them going for him above the 7 actors above.

I think the best chance AHS has is in the guest categories, plus actress for Paulson because that sixth slot is wide open and perhaps supporting actress for Bates (though I stubbornly have Conroy for now)

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well, Pose, Succession, Homecoming, and Bodyguard are far from locked IMO. Murphy is going to push both Pose and AHS now, which could help the show. I’m not putting it in my lineup anytime soon, but it’s possible. The show collapsed in nods in S6 but managed to climb up to 7 last year again for a panned season.

As for the actors, I only meant that supporting actor & supporting actress are barren, which they really are. Supporting actor is probably the weakest category I’ve seen in years. I agree that actor is too stacked this year, and Fern couldn’t even make it for his breakthrough turn in the Limited Series winner last year. I have Bates in supporting as of now, though Conroy is much more deserving. I think it’ll do well in Guest Actress.

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Ah, I thought you were talking about actor rather than supporting actor. My bad. Fair enough that supporting actor is empty, though Evan Peters being the one up for it (as well as for Pose) makes me doubt it. Poor Evan can’t get the academy to care about him even when he is shining brightly.

I don’t mean that the series I mentioned were locks since several are certainly going to miss. But I think they are more likely than AHS even though I’m expecting to see an uptick in nominations for it (those guest categories are gonna be great) but making it to the point where they get series is unlikely imo. If the fresher Pose is on uncertain grounds, AHS doesn’t have a place. Murphy was campaigning both AHS and ACS last year with AHS having a great campaign and they still didn’t make it into series (though admittedly Cult was awful and Apocalypse is a huge improvement over it)

I’m predicting between 3 and 5 acting noms for AHS for now. Paulson, either Bates or Conroy, Lange, Britton and maybe Bassett. In a perfect world I’d predict Jon Jon Briones too. It should score a few noms below the line as well.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sam H.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sam H.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, I totally agree. And absolutely no need to apologize, I didn’t clearly state what I meant 😉

Subjectively speaking, I hope it gets a bunch of nods because it was one of the better seasons. Episode 3 and 4 deserve directing nods IMO.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG Jessica darling get that fourth Emmy, queen!

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

While Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson seem likely, I think it’s possible the change of category confuses the voters and they end up not nominated. Especially considering FX will for sure focus on POSE.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

When I first heard the news, I thought Apocalypse would have a shutout, but since I wasn’t able for a few hours to update my predictions, now I put Paulson and Porter. I don’t feel confident, but I previously had Davis at my sixth place, so putting Paulson probably makes more sense. I’m skeptical because she was snubbed in 2017, but that was probably due to strong competition and also because voters might not be aware of the category change. On the other hand, Paulson apparently plays more characters, which makes me more confident, considering Maslany at the Emmys. FX will be smart to include the names on the ballot, which will help her.

I don’t watch the show, so I’m curious whether Porter or Bates had more to do in this season. I put Porter because of her last year’s nomination, but Bates would be an easier nomination to get. Supporting Actor is also a possibility. I was thinking of Fern, but he’s in the lead category. I don’t see Peters happening because of vote-splitting.

I don’t even know why there’s a discussion of Apocalypse getting into Drama Series. It hasn’t been nominated for Series since 2015 and I know there are five categories in Limited, but still. House of Cards more likely to get nominated.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

I, uh, don’t see this having an impact at all. “AHS” collected limited series nominations due to lack of competition and name recognition, but I don’t see that happening here. Lange can probably get a guest nomination, but that’s about it.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Bates and Porter getting nominated over Frances Conroy would be a crime.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions’ is closed to new replies.