Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Again, Jon Cryer won because of his tape because that was essentially all that mattered back then.  I and some others here (eastwest off the top of my head) even predicted it, thank you very much.  It was just an all-time great Emmy tape and in a totally different league than those of his competitors that year.  Sandra Oh is going to face less vote-splitting with Jodie Comer than Sterling K. Brown faced with Milo Ventimiglia two years ago.

I don’t they care enough about Orange is the New Black anymore to keep nominating her she got back in for Season Four because she had a great submission but she hasn’t had that kind of material since then.

I am concerned because that category has wiggle room and is known to drop people and bring them back, plus SAG has held on to Orange is the New Black, so it is definitely still on the radar of the actors’ branch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, since I don’t wanna be disrespectful, shut out to the 38 people who predicted Jon Cryer that year.

I would love a Schreiber repeat this year. Mm whew what a man.

I’d love to see him repeat, not for the same reason as you though.

ReplyCopy URL
    YalitzaAparicio
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, Sandra Oh is winning this. She honestly has no competition. Who? People don’t even remember House of Cards had a final season or at least they pretend that they don’t, trying to forget the mess. Clarke is Razzie-worthy, I don’t believe she’ll receive a nomination anyway. Roberts gave a nothing performance in Homecoming, what a waste, she should have never done that show. Her potential nomination will be purely name recognition. Jodie Comer who although wipes the floor with her co-star, has zero support, she’ll barely get nominated. Who’s left? Viola Davis? Passable. Christine Baranski? I doubt they’ve even realised Good Wife got a spin-off. Mandy Moore? They couldn’t care less. Laura Linney? Decent, but gives the same performance for the millionth time.

I’d love to see him repeat, not for the same reason as you though.

💋😜

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

AHS Apocalypse will compete in Drama categories and not limited series.

Is Jessica Lange coming Best guest actress?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ginnala.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ginnala.
    ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

AHS Apocalypse will compete in Drama categories and not limited series. Is Jessica Lange coming Best guest actress?

It will be such an easy win. Who else will be eligible as guest? Billy Porter misses with one episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

View Predictions

Is Sarah Paulson getting a nomination for Best Drama Series Actress?

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Sarah Paulson getting a nomination for Best Drama Series Actress?

I guess it could be possible? I’ll definitely consider her instead of someone like Mandy Moore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is exciting. It might get shut out just because the show is so old, but American Horror Story could dominate the guest categories with Jon Jon Briones, Cheyenne Jackson, Dylan McDermott, BD Wong, Angela Bassett, Connie Britton, Joan Collins, Jessica Lange and Lily Rabe. The sixth slots in both drama lead actress and drama supporting actress have been really uncertain, so we could easily see Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates and Adina Porter sneak in there. Poor Evan Peters is going to cannibalize his own chances for Pose though unless he withdraws his American Horror Story submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange is coming for that nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Holy crap. WOW about this AHS news. Drama categories just got a LOT more interesting. Honestly though, this is the best thing that the show could have done. They have a MUCH better chance at nominations for people like Conroy, Peters, Bates, and Porter now. And the guest categories are going to be STACKED. This is going to be very interesting.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Heptapod.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Heptapod.
    ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Slotting Paulson into my 6th Drama Actress slot. Glad that’s sorted now. Were they forced to move or did they choose?

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

It sounds like they were forced to move. American Vandal was forced to move into comedy series as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Just realised this means Lange could quite easily win Guest Actress as well.

Evan Peters is going to cannibalize his own chances for Pose though unless he withdraws his American Horror Story submission.

I bet he decides to go Lead again for AHS

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt it considering he didn’t have a proper lead character. (He played 2 supporting + reprised his s1 role in 1 episode). Sarah Paulson also played 3 characters but Cordelia was clearly the lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Lange is coming for that nomination.

*that win

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 496 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.