Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 445 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +49 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
wolfali
  • Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Between Six Feet Under and AHS Anthology Frances Conroy is SO overdue for an Emmy.
    Right now she would join my dream list of nominees in the supporting drama category along with Julia Garner, Rea Seehorn and Susan Kelechi Watson.

Sadly Kathy Bates will be name checked way before her.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Random sidenote: Robin Wright is NOT happening. Stop trying to make her happen.

And yet we won’t until the winner is called. Stay pressed.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

On the other hand, Paulson apparently plays more characters, which makes me more confident, considering Maslany at the Emmys. FX will be smart to include the names on the ballot, which will help her.

Good point!  This seems to be a safe bet based on the FYC website: “Ms. Wilhemina Venable, Cordelia Foxx & Billie Dean Howard”.

Porter is amazing in episode 7 but seriously that’s all she’s got.

Just remembered that Adina Porter was snubbed in supporting for her co-lead performance two years ago, then was nominated last year in supporting despite forgetting how to act and not appearing in the first two episodes.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

AHS going Drama this year is actually an amazing decision, it can possibly get more nominations than it could have thanks to Guest acting spots. I think Jessica Lange (who also should’ve been submitted and won here for Horace and Pete) and Joan Collins are pretty much locks. Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott could happen.

Sarah Paulson has a better chance than she would have in the Limited Actress category. I had it there but I’m more confident here. Cinematography should also be a lock for one of the first two episodes. I have Conroy for the heck of it right now, but I’m not sure about that. I don’t expect any writing or directing nominations and Series seem a little bit out of reach imo.

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

I have to say that Game of Thrones will win, dear mates. It isn’t the best show of the decade, it’s the best of all time!

As an expert, I have to say Emilia Clarke is overdue for an Emmy and not Lena Headey. She’s okay but her character is so bad, Clarke is faaaaar better and Maisie Williams, too.

I love being a literate person.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

As an expert, I have to say Emilia Clarke is overdue for an Emmy and not Lena Headey. She’s okay but her character is so bad, Clarke is faaaaar better and Maisie Williams, too.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

Post whatever the gifs you want, dear. Lena Headey is the worst actress on the show.

Participant
    Topics:

Post whatever the gifs you want, dear. Lena Headey is the worst actress on the show.

Lena Headey hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t understand why you’re still here after I exposed you during Oscar season as the troll you are.

Anonymous
    Topics:

No matter how long we’re gonna fight on whether Headey is a good actress or not, she is not winning the Emmy this year. So let’s end this here.

TheBowie
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t understand why you’re still here after I exposed you during Oscar season as the troll you are.

The only troll here is you. I’m giving an opinion as valid (I think even more, since I’m an expert in cinema) than yours. I think Lena Headey doesn’t deserve an Emmy and Emilia Clarke is a far better actress. Eat it. It’s MY opinion.

Participant
    Topics:

No matter how long we’re gonna fight on whether Headey is a good actress or not, she is not winning the Emmy this year. So let’s end this here.

Participant
    Topics:

The only troll here is you. I’m giving an opinion as valid (I think even more, since I’m an expert in cinema) than yours. I think Lena Headey doesn’t deserve an Emmy and Emilia Clarke is a far better actress. Eat it. It’s MY opinion.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

This AHS announcement has messed up my predictions now. I think Paulson and Bates will get in (Bates could be a possible threat for the win…), but who do I swap out.

Sandra Oh is a lock for a nomination, Laura Linney isn’t not going to be snubbed because they want Paulson. So who am I swapping out? Jodie Comer? No, because Killing Eve debuted to high appraise last week and I expect the show to increase it’s number of nominations. But is she at risk of being snubbed? I mean I predicted her for the Globes but she got snubbed. I predicted her for SAG but she got snubbed. And those had really barren fields, more than this year’s Emmys race. At the moment, she is in my noms, for now. Julia Roberts? She could lose out to Paulson but I dunno, Roberts is such a big Hollywood star that she probably will get name-checked. Robin Wright? I think she’s staying because of sympathy for dealing with Spacey and I mean people who say she has no chance are ridiculous, she is way overdue. Seven noms (she was nominated as a producer on HOC) and 0 wins. I mean, yes this season of HoC was balderdash but that hasn’t stopped other nominees from shows that have significantly dropped off in quality (maybe not to the height’s of HoC but close) to be nominated and in a few cases, even win. But she’s at risk following her Globes snub (where she won for Claire before) but then I remember her SAG n0d. Emilia Clarke? Depends how good this season of GoT is and her material. Yes I know that she is overdue and we have a barren field but honestly, she lost the 6th slot to probably Tatiana Maslany last year and Paulson is a la Maslany in the sense that she is playing multiple, different characters. Although if there are seven nominees, Clarke definitely gets in. Currently my top 10 in the Actress race stands like this.

1. Sandra Oh – Killing Eve
    2. Laura Linney – Ozark
    3. Robin Wright – House of Cards
    4. Jodie Comer – Killing Eve
    5. Sarah Paulson – AHS Apocalypse
    6. Julia Roberts – Homecoming
    7. Emilia Clarke – Game of Thrones
    8. Christine Baranski – The Good Fight
    9. Viola Davis – How to Get Away with Murder
    10. Keeley Hawes – Bodyguard

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Supporting Actress</span>
    Are we getting three back to back seven nominees again after last year and once again next year? I initially thought Headey was going to win this in a landslide but now I think Bates is her biggest threat. But who do I swap Bates out with? Rhea Seehorn? Possibly, if there are seven again, she’s in but if voters are watching BCS because there isn’t much choice to watch and vote on, isn’t she one of the obvious choices? Garner? Don’t think she’d lose a slot to Bates. Maisie Williams? Arya’s not losing. Fiona Shaw? Like I mentioned with Comer above, she now faces the threat of losing a slot to AHS actresses, not only Bates but Conroy. However, like I mentioned with Clarke above, it depends on her material this season. I thought she was fantastic as always in the season premiere on Sunday and she deserves a nod as always. Currently fifth in my predictions. Watson? If we’re right and voters are definitely watching TiU this season, she’s definitely out unless we have seven actresses in this race. Which is why she has lost her slot in my predictions to Bates. I was not predicting Uduba because IDK whether she can get back in, or Turner because three GoT actresses is not happening.

1. Lena Headey – Game of Thrones
    2. Julia Garner – Ozark
    3. Kathy Bates – AHS : Apocalypse
    4. Maisie Williams – Game of Thrones
    5. Fiona Shaw – Killing Eve
    6. Rhea Seehorn – Better Call Saul
    7. Susan Kelechi Watson – This is Us
    8. Frances Conroy – AHS : Apocalypse
    9. Chrissy Metz – This is Us
    10. Uzo Aduba – Orange is the New Black

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Michael Sheen ("The Good Fight") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "The Good Fight" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao you praised BR and Malek as the best of the season and yet you voted for nothing but ASIB. When I exposed you for this, you deleted your account so this wouldn’t show up anymore. Then you go around provoking people by saying the most ridiculous things to rile them up. You’re the definition of a troll. You can’t be talking about the validity of opinions and then go say that mine has none. Also calling yourself an expert in this when cinema isn’t even television just highlights how ridiculous you are.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions’ is closed to new replies.