Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 496 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
20 hours ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Stegeo
  • Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to know what inspire such confidence in a show like Killing Eve. IT is just an average TV drama.

For Your Emmy Consideration: Best Comedy Series Sex Education, Comedy Lead Actor Asa Butterfield, Comedy Supporting Actress Guillian Anderson, Drama Supporting Actress Miranda Otto for The Chilling Adventure of Sabrina.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Bodyguard is SO good. I want it to get nominated for Drama Series, and I want Madden to win actor.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Bodyguard is SO good. I want it to get nominated for Drama Series, and I want Madden to win actor.

I feel like we might be underestimating him. I don’t see Bateman winning, This Is Us is done and Odenkirk is always losing. Madden might pull it off. I’m definitely predicting him if Bodyguard gets into Series.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Sisters, I don’t know about you, but I’m already predicting him for the win and to get into Series. I mean Madden deserves all the awards based on his suave alone.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t often speak like this here because I try to remain somewhat professional, but my god he’s hot. But aside from that, it’s a terrific performance and miiiiiiiles better than Bateman’s.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t ever manifest my gay appetite in real life, but on here, I feel free to, and Madden is indeed very hot. I didn’t care for him back in GoT, but he’s really transformed now. Different hairstyle & color, nice clothing style. He’s really hot metaphorically as well right now. His appeal is rising, and the TV academy won’t let him go unnoticed. Jokes and rants aside, Bateman is not winning. Madden is the perfect alternative, since they don’t ever seem to be on the Odenkirk train, and I don’t think there’s passion behind either Brown or Ventimiglia anymore (altho hopefully the latter wins an Emmy for his last season, criminally overlooked by other awards ceremonies as well btw).

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

But the industry loves Bateman, which worries me.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

He doesn’t have the performance though.. which is the most important. We’re not talking movie/miniseries supporting actress which is literally the category they care less for, we’re talking drama lead actor.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

He doesn’t have the performance though.. which is the most important. We’re not talking movie/miniseries supporting actress which is literally the category they care less for, we’re talking drama lead actor.

I hope you’re right, I really do.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to know what inspire such confidence in a show like Killing Eve. IT is just an average TV drama.

Why do people have such confidence that GoT will win writing. At least with Killing Eve, it has already premiered the episode in question to appraisal from critics for its writing. Who even knows if GoT’s writing is going to be better than Eve’s this season? We won’t know until tonight.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Keeley Hawes ("Bodyguard") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Killing Eve" in all eligible categories.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Question for discussion: If you could ensure that FIVE drama performers could get their FIRST Emmy nominations this year, who would you choose?

Just saw this. Thinking about my answer made me realize that I watch a grand total of two dramas in contention for this year’s Emmys. Does J.Lo and Ne-Yo pretending they’re competent judges on World of Dance counts ? Lol.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ospencer.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  ospencer.
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Ospencer stay turning threads into thirst traps.

Lol anyways, mine would be:

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL I can’t deal with some on this board.

1. No one, not even the precious Jessica Lange, is a lock to win anything in a popular vote for past it’s prime American Horror Story.

2. I come to the site today and smacking me in the face on the frontpage is someone stanning for some chick from one of the worst shows on television How to Get Away with Murder to get a nomination.

Get the F out of here.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Amy Adams, Sharp Objects

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Why do people have such confidence that GoT will win writing. At least with Killing Eve, it has already premiered the episode in question to appraisal from critics for its writing. Who even knows if GoT’s writing is going to be better than Eve’s this season? We won’t know until tonight.

We can take a pretty good guess about the quality of the upcoming Game of Thrones season based on the seven that we have seen. Killing Eve was acclaimed by critics for the two episodes that they received in advance, but what about the rest of the season? It could go awry.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually don’t know why people are predicting Killing Eve to win. It performed poorly at the stateside awards, especially the guilds. I certainly don’t think it is anywhere near the top three for Series. I honestly don’t think the show has much support outside of Oh.

It’s not that hard to see why people would predict a show that defeated a 3 time writing Emmy and 4 time WGA winner’s series finale and won for an action heavy episode the next year, to win for its series finale (most likely their submission), especially when it is unanimously predicted to win its 4th Drama Series award.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions’ is closed to new replies.