Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 445 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +49 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
wolfali
  • forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Roberts in Homecoming remains the best performance of this season

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t watch Ozark. A question: is Laura Linney deserving of a lead Emmy nomination for season 2 or she’s in everyone prediction just beacuse she’s Laura Linney and the field is so weak this year?

She’s very deserving.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked Homecoming but I’ve been saying for months it’s been blown out of proportion. It’s nice but not what the hype made it to be, and definitely not Emmy worthy

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Homecoming is overrated, Roberts and James are not

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Roberts in Homecoming remains the best performance of this season

For sure. I’m not familiar with Roberts’ film work and I was completely blown away by her.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope “Game of Thrones” is extremely strong enough to land Alfie Allen a nomination.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible that Sandra Oh, Laura Linney, Julia Roberts, Jodie Comer, Emilia Clarke, Robin Wright and Christine Baranski could all make it in because of a tie and give use 7 Emmy Actress nominees. I know we have a barren field but I think that Baranski, Wright and Clarke are only a few votes behind one another (particularly in the case of Wright with Clarke and Baranski with Wright). I feel like Emmy voters will go with Baranski if they want to go with someone who is an Emmy darling they are familiar with for a show set in a universe they are familiar with, Wright’s never missed and Clarke is the lead in the biggest Drama Series contender this year. I feel like those seven are the ones who stand the most chance at getting in and all seven can possibly do just that, however, there are two dark horses who could get in (but in this case, this is less likely than a tie of 7), these horses are Keeley Hawes for Bodyguard (who will get in if Netflix campaigns hard for the show and it is loved by Netflix heavily) and Viola Davis for HtGAwM (if Emmy voters go to someone they are familiar with).

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Alfie Allen deserved a nomination in Supporting Actor for each season (except S1) but unfortunately HBO only submitted him for S2. I doubt they would submit him for the final season.

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Christine Baranski was not nominated in supporting for the final season of The Good Wife, cannot get nominated in comedy guest for The Big Bang Theory anymore and her show could not get guests Alan Alda and Margo Martindale nominated, so I do not see why she would make it into lead.

I just finished Homecoming; am I the only one who didn’t love it?

I think that your response is in line with most of ours actually.

I don’t see him getting a directing nod, especially since he couldn’t get one for the exceptional Mr. Robot pilot.

Sam Esmail did not direct the Mr. Robot pilot.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Lord help us all if Emailia Clarke gets in for Lead Actress for doing nothing, but summoning a dragon.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

she’s also good at speaking made up languages. so there’s that.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Christine Baranski has zero chance, the entire industry is not even aware that her show exist.

Robin Wright will be nominated only if voters do not watch the new shows and they need to go back to the ones that have watched this year. She will never win for such a bad season, it is ridiculous that some user was arguing that is not true, I have yet to see it (I have seen all five seasons, but the horrible reviews made the new one a low priority), but is without a doubt the worst reviewed season of the show and of any Emmy darling season ever by both fans and critics, also I have never seen a single positive comment about the season in their Facebook page, not a single one.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Christine Baranski has zero chance, the entire industry is not even aware that her show exist. Robin Wright will be nominated only if voters do not watch the new shows and they need to go back to the ones that have watched this year. She will never win for such a bad season, it is ridiculous that some user was arguing that is not true, I have yet to see it (I have seen all five seasons, but the horrible reviews made the new one a low priority), but is without a doubt that worst reviewed season of the show and of any Emmy darling season ever by both fans and critics, also I have never seen a single positive comment about the season in their Facebook page, not a single one.

I agree with you on Baranski, disagree on Wright.

Whether HoC S6 was loathed or not, whether it was watched or not, Wright has been nominated so many times and is still waiting to win. She could get the sympathy vote for having to deal with Spacey, or the respect vote for getting season 6 made despite the obstacles.

I don’t think she’s winning – Oh is almost a lock IMO – but Wright is probably in second or third place at least.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke is amazing. I hope she wins.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Emilia Clarke and Robin Wright are real dark horses in this race, as mentioned earlier, Wright could get sympathy votes because of Spacey and seeming she is well overdue for an Emmy (if we are talking about Producing as well as Acting noms, she has 7).

However, it would be criminal for them to snub Sandra Oh on her seventh try and she is well overdue, frankly she should have won for Killing Eve S1 but there was no way she would overcome Claire Foy or even Elisabeth Moss for that matter. This is how I think the nominations will play out in likelihood of most to least.

1. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    2. Robin Wright, House of Cards
    3. Laura Linney, Ozark
    4. Julia Roberts, Homecoming
    5. Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
    6. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve

————————————————————————————————

7. Christine Baranski, The Good Fight
    8. Keeley Hawes, Bodyguard
    9. Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder

Baranski could pip Comer for the sixth position, I know her show isn’t noticed very well by the Academy but it’s tricky to see Comer get in at the same time knowing how many times she has missed (excl. Critics Choice). Hawes is a dark horse because where Netflix to campaign hard for Bodyguard and Ozark, and only for HoC in Actress for Wright, Hawes could be nominated if voters watch Bodyguard for Madden’s performance, it’s hard not to notice Hawes who arguably steals the show at the same time from Madden.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 445 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Drama Predictions’ is closed to new replies.