Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Riley Chow
Rachel
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Vote in the 2019 Emmy Awards predictions center and discuss in this thread.

FYI — SNL is adding in Emma Thompson to their submission list.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Guess I’ll throw in my overall series predictions to start out this new thread.

Drama Series: Game of Thrones
    Comedy Series: Veep (that finale pretty much sealed it)
    Limited Series: Chernobyl or Escape at Dannemora
    TV Movie: Deadwood

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What are the eligibility rules for Netflix Movies that aren’t given the Roma theater treatment, like Wine Country and Efron Bundy? We know that Netflix isn’t afraid to submit into movie (i.e. bandersnatch) so are the actual tv movies they have just not submitted to more legitimize their Oscar contenders being Oscar contenders. Only saying because the TV movie category always sucks and Wine Country being nominated would make the category suck less

They submitted The Most Hated Woman in America two years ago all of a sudden, other than that they have never submitted those kind of movies. Though, they would certainly make it more interesting.

Netflix never campaigned for The Most Hated Woman in America, so that must have been its own producers submitting it. Netflix pretty much only submits series in the movie category (how absurd), but both To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and Sierra Burgess is a Loser submitted and were nominated by the guilds, so I am curious to see if they submit themselves for the Emmys, particularly the former because visibility can be all that it takes to get a movie nomination, per Grace of Monaco.

Speaking of Netflix, below are four of the six big boxes that they have sent out to voters so far, plus a close-up of the most recent one. Seeing this makes me think that maybe I should not take Dead to Me too seriously as a contender. How many voters are unaware that they have even received it? (It is in the box on the far right.) Netflix DVDs not pictured are Bodyguard, The Kominsky Method, Our Planet, Ozark and Russian Doll because Netflix sent each of those ones loose, which will make them stand out on the shelf or in the pile and are theoretically indicative of where Netflix’s priorities and campaign funds are. I reckon that When They See Us gets the individually-sealed treatment, while the likes of Maniac and Sex Education are relegated to box number seven.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I wish someone told them that The Haunting could do incredibly well if they actually campaigned it. But I I have kind of given up hope.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible to add Kate Siegel, Victoria Pedretti, and Oliver Jackson-Cohen for The Haunting of Hill House?

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

American Horror Story did not submit Angela Bassett, Jon Jon Briones, Taissa Farmiga or Gabourey Sidibe. Good to see them draw the line somewhere.

Leon94
    Participant
    Topics:

When will the ABC network announce their shows’ categories?

Royal Night
    Participant
    Topics:

So glad FX submitted Tilda Swinton! Does she stand a chance at a nomination? Just wondered since she will most likely be at the very end or very beginning of the ballot for votes if that helped her chances?

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Just confirmed with Universal that Amy Sedaris is supporting for Kimmy Schmidt and not guest. Too many episodes.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I cannot believe they are wasting their money on Smollett.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

How do you submit only three from Empire and one of them is Jussie Smollett?

IMDb tells me that Ajay Mehta played Rohan Gupta in “Songbird Road (Part Two)”, so I still have no idea who this is in This is Us.  Goran Višnjić would have made more sense as a guest actor submission.  They are submitting teenage Kevin and Randall, but not Kate.

Modern Family submits only Jimmy Tatro in guest and not past nominees for their roles Elizabeth Banks, Nathan Lane or Fred Willard.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

They didn’t submit Carl Lumbly or Rachel Hilson. Mess. They were really good but instead they went with Ajay Mehta who shared two forgettable scenes. Lol.

Also… interesting to see Logan Shroyer and Niles Fitch but not Hannah Zeile.

“This Is Us” has such an incredible cast that I deem about 9 actors worthy of a nomination this year; Moore, Brown, Ventimiglia, Metz, Kelechi Watson, Hartley, Rashad, Angarano and Dunne. Hope they all get in! LOL

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

How do you submit only three from Empire and one of them is Jussie Smollett? IMDb tells me that Ajay Mehta played Rohan Gupta in “Songbird Road (Part Two)”, so I still have no idea who this is in This is Us. Goran Višnjić would have made more sense as a guest actor submission. They are submitting teenage Kevin and Randall, but not Kate.

The indian family who own the house the Pearsons used to live in. Remember… awkward moment; reminiscing about a sequin fight? Jack throws pizza at the wall? Yep.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.