Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 180 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Riley Chow
Rachel
  • montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

As we anxiously await the final nominations, it should be reminded that last year I had my viral PERFORMERS BRANCH HEAR MY PLEA post which advocated for who I wanted to win each actress category.

In my post, seen by potentially hundreds of Emmy voters who browse Goldderby, I poured my heart into who I wanted to see win and why. I stanned for Claire Foy, Thandie Newton, Rachel Brosnahan, Alex Borstein, Michelle Dockery, Judith Light, Samira Wiley, and Tiff Haddish. I even tapped into my inner 80s and stanned for Christina Pickles of St Elsewhere fame to win her Short Form Actress.

As a trip to wikipedia will inform you, my passion was furiously rewarded. I went 7 for 9. I simply couldn’t make a dent in the spell Emmy voters are under for Regina King and Merritt Wever.

I sit looking over the odds, sensing potential actress lineups, and am ready to pour my heart into stanning for certain ladies yet again. My taste is excellent which is why I think the performers branch was so persuaded.

I cannot wait.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

This site is honestly too much for me sometimes lmao.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

My taste is excellent which is why I think the performers branch was so persuaded.

I aspire to have this level of confidence

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Several performers have been disqualified from voting for the upcoming Emmys. Reason: block voting:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/emmy-voters-disqualified-by-tv-academy-block-voting-1217895?__twitter_impression=true

Very interesting… Any world on what show/performers were at the center of this pose?

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

My taste is excellent which is why I think the performers branch was so persuaded.

Westworld

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

But you are advocating Sandra Oh…

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Several performers have been disqualified from voting for the upcoming Emmys. Reason: block voting:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/emmy-voters-disqualified-by-tv-academy-block-voting-1217895?__twitter_impression=true

Can any of Emmy insiders find out which performers on the ballot were disqualified???!!! We must know!!!!!

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Are they talking specifically about Actin categories? The were some of the more diverse last year

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

As we anxiously await the final nominations, it should be reminded that last year I had my viral PERFORMERS BRANCH HEAR MY PLEA post which advocated for who I wanted to win each actress category. In my post, seen by potentially hundreds of Emmy voters who browse Goldderby, I poured my heart into who I wanted to see win and why. I stanned for Claire Foy, Thandie Newton, Rachel Brosnahan, Alex Borstein, Michelle Dockery, Judith Light, Samira Wiley, and Tiff Haddish. I even tapped into my inner 80s and stanned for Christina Pickles of St Elsewhere fame to win her Short Form Actress. As a trip to wikipedia will inform you, my passion was furiously rewarded. I went 7 for 9. I simply couldn’t make a dent in the spell Emmy voters are under for Regina King and Merritt Wever. I sit looking over the odds, sensing potential actress lineups, and am ready to pour my heart into stanning for certain ladies yet again. My taste is excellent which is why I think the performers branch was so persuaded. I cannot wait.

Rich Landry
    Participant
    Topics:

Performers were not removed from the ballot for block voting, it was the voting members banned. Articles state the performers/shows who were voted on were not removed from ballot, but lost those votes from those disqualified.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I wonder if this is actually just a further crackdown against this: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/emmys-underdogs-fyc-us-independents-screening-meredith-thomas-1201995573/

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Unrelated but aren’t the TCA nominations usually announced around this time? I need Mahershala Ali to win Individual Achievement in Drama since no one i’ve seen has topped his performance in True Detective.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a thread made for TCA Awards? I’d like to predict them.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.