Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Riley Chow
Rachel
  • hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

I think one of the Ozark ladies are gonna get snubbed. Remember when Winona Ryder got SAG nominated then missed Emmys to everyone’s surprise. It was two years ago. Remember when Marc Maron got SAG nominated then missed Emmys to everyone’s surprise. It was one year ago. My point is that Netflix shows are always over-represented at the SAG awards, which we saw this year with The Komiskey Method and Ozark.

Julia Gardner or Laura Linney may miss nomination morning and everyone will be surprised just like how they were with Winona Ryder and Marc Maron.

I can see the same logic leading to Alan Arkin for getting snubbed too since that category is so competitive.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you are underestimating how incredibly weak the drama field is this year. Laura Linney and Julia Garner will make it in comfortably.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Carden stars in Barry too… Yes, her role is way more prominent in The Good Place, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that The Good Place will be the one of her two shows that gets a bunch of nominations. I agree, I still don’t think she’s getting in.

She is not splitting the vote. NO ONE  will for her in Barry.

Unpopular opinion : D’Arcy Carden is MORE than deserving. Her performance in Janet(s) is basically incredible. I’d be over the moon if she managed to get a nom. Again, a lot of you diminish her performance because of Guest 2018 which is quite sad.

Also, I agree with Hats-off. At least one of the Netflix contender will be dropped. Alison Brie, Alan Arkin, Michael Douglas, Julia Garner,  Laura Linney…. Some of them will be snubbed.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion : D’Arcy Carden is MORE than deserving. Her performance in Janet(s) is basically incredible. I’d be over the moon if she managed to get a nom. Again, a lot of you diminish her performance because of Guest 2018 which is quite sad.

This is unpopular? She won GoldDerby Award last year. And I won’t be surprised if she reprises this year.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Carden isn’t even submitted for Barry, so what is even this discuasion about vote splitting.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

75% of the nomination day announcers over the past 20 years wound up being nominated themselves during that ceremony. Carden is getting in.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think you are underestimating how incredibly weak the drama field is this year. Laura Linney and Julia Garner will make it in comfortably.

If anything I feel Ozark might overperform with McTeer and Mullan as well. Alan Arkin seems the most vulnerable out of all of the Netflix SAG contenders.

agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t remember from past years, are the writing and directing categories going to be added soon? Or not until after nominations?

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

This is unpopular? She won GoldDerby Award last year. And I won’t be surprised if she reprises this year.

Every positive thing about TGP is unpopular here.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I can’t remember from past years, are the writing and directing categories going to be added soon? Or not until after nominations?

After nominations.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

She is not splitting the vote. NO ONE will for her in Barry. Unpopular opinion : D’Arcy Carden is MORE than deserving. Her performance in Janet(s) is basically incredible. I’d be over the moon if she managed to get a nom. Again, a lot of you diminish her performance because of Guest 2018 which is quite sad. Also, I agree with Hats-off. At least one of the Netflix contender will be dropped. Alison Brie, Alan Arkin, Michael Douglas, Julia Garner, Laura Linney…. Some of them will be snubbed.

Oh, I didn’t mean she would be voted for in Barry. She’s not even eligible. Someone was talking about how The Good Place will get a lot of nominations because she’s presenting and I said it might actually be Barry her other show. My bad, I should have clarified. But nominations aren’t calculated until the 24th. So we have no idea if she’s getting in.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

75% of the nomination day announcers over the past 20 years wound up being nominated themselves during that ceremony. Carden is getting in.

They aren’t even done calculating the nominees. The Emmy committee just took guesses on who would be nominated and asked them to present the nominees. Those actors were just lucky. Look at Mindy Kaling…

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

If anything I feel Ozark might overperform with McTeer and Mullan as well. Alan Arkin seems the most vulnerable out of all of the Netflix SAG contenders.

Arkin being snubbed would be literally devastating for me. I think he gave one of the greatest performances of the year. I just cannot fathom the category without him…

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I REFUSE to predict Adam Sandler to get nominated.Shame on you all!

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I REFUSE to predict Adam Sandler to get nominated.Shame on you all!

He’s funny…his movies are bad usually, but he is a genuinely funny comedian

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.