Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
19 hours ago
replies
views
users
sofan
Luca Giliberti
ginnala
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the discussion of the limited series/TV movie categories in Part 2.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Now when I think about it, I don’t have the smallest clue which Limited Series will win this year, not even who is the frontrunner. It can go either way. Don’t even know how to rank my nominations.

It’s a very interesting category once ACS is not around

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s Chernobyl. Don’t overthink it.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, when none of the contenders is a returning series you can’t really know how the Academy reacts, it’s like every few months people think another show is a lock to win this.
    My personal vote if I had one would be Sharp Objects (even though I know this one particularly has one of the lower chances among the nominees), but I’m all in for HBO sweeping all 3 major awards. Next year will be much more challenging for them.

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

The Limited Series/TV Movie category is easily the most exciting category for me. There are so many exception programs entered this year and more than enough worthy performances to fill the categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl has become so iconic in such a short period of time. It’s amazing, really. It has to be considered one of the frontrunners to win Limited Series as a result.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Fosse/Verdon might be slightly underrated here (in forums, not in the odds). In the latest indiewire screen talk emmys edition it was mentioned that the FYC event had one of the most passionate audience responses the awards editor had ever seen. Voters who haven’t seen it aren’t probably marking off Williams and Rockwell already, so it makes sense to assume they’d mark off the project considering it’s a prestigious project with entertainment industry subject matter on FX. It’s not winning but I think it’s in a likely fourth or fifth place

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

One Day at a Time last year had one of the most passionate responses that I have seen at an FYC event.  I do not think that much stock can be put into an FYC event going well, since each only hosts a fraction of Emmy voters and there is a sampling bias with the attendees.  I do however think that you can put stock into an FYC event being poorly attended, since the bar for success is so low.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Like I said 2 days ago, it feels wrong for me to not have Fosse/Verdon in my prediction but I don’t know what to remove. I’m really thinking about removing Sharp Objects. But honestly this category should have 6 nominees this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point I’d be surprised if the lineup didn’t end up being Chernobyl, When They See Us, Escape at Dannemora, Sharp Objects and Fosse/Verdon

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited Series will be killer this year. It’s stronger than Drama Series.

Dumping “Fosse/Verdon.” Bringing back in “A Very English Scandal.”

1. “Sharp Objects”
    2. “Chernobyl”
    3. “Escape at Dannemora”
    4. “When They See Us”
    5. “A Very English Scandal”
    6. “The Hot Zone”

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

In a year where When They See Us & Chernobyl aired and is seen as the most important retelling of historic events, I strongly doubt Sharp Objects is at #1. It’s #6 at best.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Should I be predicting George Clooney and Kyle Chandler or Eric Lange and Stellan Skarsgård?

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Only Eric Lange. The only correct predictions is:

1. Michael Kenneth Williams
    2. Paul Dano
    3. Ben Whishaw
    4. John Leguizamo
    5. Stephen Dorff
    6. Eric Lange

My gut feeling is that Catch-22 goes nowhere.

Also can Asante Blackk and Aunjanue Ellis please be added to the prediction center?

I’m having weird vibes that Vera Farmiga misses. I mean given the subject matter of the show AND her role, checking her name off would be difficult to do with so much talented actors of colour. Don’t get me wrong. I loved her in this — she brought so much humanity to the charactet, but just last week #CancelLindaFairsten trended. How much longer till #ElizabethLederIsTrash trends.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Should I be predicting George Clooney and Kyle Chandler or Eric Lange and Stellan Skarsgård?

I honestly wouldn’t be suprised with Clooney missing as it was just last year Al Pacino and Nicole Kidman missed for buzz-less projects. I don’t see anyone talking about Catch-22 even in these forums. That being said, I also don’t think Lange (yet to watch Part 7) and Skarsgård are deserving contenders. I hope someone like Oliver Jackson-Cohen sneaks in.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 164 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.