Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 476 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
sofan
  • The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I peeked at many Gold Derby TV Awards ballots and there’s really a passionate response for The Haunting of Hill House and its cast. Especially to Kate Siegel and Oliver Jackson-Cohen in supporting categories and Carla Gugino in lead actress. Maybe they will actually fill the vacant spots? I also feel like Catch-22 is going to be completely snubbed in major categories, I don’t think it will hold tw

o spots in supporting actor.

I really think GD has been sleeping on Hill House Emmy-wise. I think it’s gonna surprise us come nominations.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t find Fraudicity Huffman in the predictions center, did they not submit her?

I can’t imagine they would.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t find Fraudicity Huffman in the predictions center, did they not submit her?

She’s the only woman with more than 3 lines that Netflix never submitted; Marsha Stephanie Blake; Kylie Bunbury; Suzzanne Douglas; Vera Farmiga; Famke Janssen,; Joaquina Kalukango; Isis Kingd Adepero Oduye; Aurora Perrineau; Dascha Polanco and Storm Reid

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

I’m watching Chernobyl right now and it was great until the puppies and cats…

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Apparently some voters plan to vote for When They See Us just to stick it to Trump. Chernobyl would have swept International Emmys but I’m not sure about these ones anymore…

Interesting and not surprinsing actually. But Chernobyl is also getting political with russians calling it a lie.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though it’s obviously a very politically important and poignant piece of art, if When They See Us wins I don’t want to see posts saying it was because of politics and not its quality.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Anonymous
    Topics:
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Yeah… it was too much for me. I prefer animals to people I was crying so hard I barely saw what was going on.

Same. I was thinking he was just going to close the door and let the dog and her puppies live, but nope, cry-mode. The close-ups of the cats didn’t help either.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

It will be a combination of both. Trump will just give it the edge over Chernobyl.

For sure, but I can see some posts emphasising the former too much. Besides, we should be focusing on its exposure of the corrupt judicial system, not anything Trump says. I know Ava has repeatedly said Trump shouldn’t be anyone’s focus, and I think it detracts from the main issues it raises. Btw why did you make a new account?

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Well NY Times just ran an opinion piece today about what Chernobyl teaches about Trump

We’ll have a better idea when nominations are released but think Chernobyl and WTSU are likely neck in neck.

Wish Netflix would release some figures on viewership though. Think HBO’s latest cumulative audience figure for Chernobyl is 9 million, which means it has leapfrogged Big Little Lies S1, True Detective s3 and Sharp Objects in cumulative viewership which covers the period 1 month after finale (it has been less than 3 weeks since Chernobyl’s finale).

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  musterd.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  musterd.
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not buying the argument that politics give When They See Us an edge when Chernobyl is just as political, if not more.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl is overrated

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t even think the limited series race is that close. When They See Us is probably a distant 2nd.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.