Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 476 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
  • mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw a very cringe Chernobyl commercial that focused entirely on its IMDB rating. So whether we like it or not it’s definitely one of its selling points, especially now that HBO has decided to construct their promotional material around it.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw a very cringe Chernobyl commercial that focused entirely on its IMDB rating. So whether we like it or not it’s definitely one of its selling points, especially now that HBO has decided to construct their promotional material around it.

I hope they will also use IMDb ratings to push GoT s8…oh wait.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you mean?

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly. It’s a little embarrassing for them to construct a campaign around a rating system that absolutely trashed another one of their shows. I’m sure they see a strategic benefit though.

Cair
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s unlikely but I’d love to see I Am the Night get something (Chris Pine).

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Check this out: What/If: An Ode to Renée Zellweger’s Deliciously Campy Performance

And I so agree with this. This show was an epitome of guilty pleasure trash television and she was the only one in the cast who knew it and went with it. She truly went balls to the wall. If by some miracle she gets nominated I’ll be defending her nom passionately.
    I hope one day one of the streaming platforms decide to do limited series Showgirls follow-up. If it happens Elizabeth Berkley will finally get what she was denied in 1995.

What part of Russia are you from again?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not Russian. I have so much free time I have decided to learn new language. Cyrillic script is so beautiful.

Ik, I was just joking. Good for you whatsoever.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait till I learn Greek then I’ll show you some… joking.

Phew.

dosmax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House, and I loved it. What was Netflix thinking campaigning this as a drama series? Would they have left it in drama if the series had gained any traction? I’m afraid the late switch has kept it from gaining momentum in the limited series race, so it will get nothing. It deserves to be a major contender in a number of above and below the line categories.

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

So if it wasn’t for the college scandal, Felony Huffman would easily grab another Emmy nod.

smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl seems like a writer’s show. Its cold, calculated look at the corruption over the handling of the Chernobyl disaster.
    Usual best series winners are more actor driven. That’s why “When They See Us” or “Escape at Danemora” are more likely winners.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

So if it wasn’t for the college scandal, Felony Huffman would easily grab another Emmy nod.

She deserves it more than Farmiga…

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House, and I loved it. What was Netflix thinking campaigning this as a drama series? Would they have left it in drama if the series had gained any traction? I’m afraid the late switch has kept it from gaining momentum in the limited series race, so it will get nothing. It deserves to be a major contender in a number of above and below the line categories.

It’s brilliant. I used to give AHS a pass for being so ridiculous and over-the-top all the time since in the end it was a horror show that needed to stretch its mysterious elements over ten episodes. THoHH proved that an intellectual horror show can be made without losing its sensitivity and humanity until the very end.

Its WGA-New Series nod looks promising, I hope the show, at the very least, would be able to follow the footsteps of American Vandal and get a nomination there.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

She deserves it more than Farmiga…

Felicity might actually have won the category without the scandal, but I do think Farmiga deserves a nomination. She was fantastic in episode 2, particularly in the scene she had with Huffman.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree but I think I like Farmiga more. This role for Huffman reminds me of her role in the 2nd season of American Crime, just without the nuance and depth.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.