Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 476 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
  • The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Arquette, Clarkson, Farmiga, Scanlen, and Watson are safe for a nomination. Which The Haunting of Hill House actress is most likely to fill that last spot?

Siegel, but I think I’ve got Spacek in there

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I feel like Arquette, Clarkson, Farmiga, Scanlen, and Watson are safe for a nomination. Which The Haunting of Hill House actress is most likely to fill that last spot?

I’d say Siegel, but I may be biased. I think Siegel gave the best performance on the show, but they are all so deserving. This cast is damn underrated, as is the show. I can’t wait for it to do well here at Gold Derby though.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Oprah practically has no clout when it comes to TV Academy or did you all already forget about her snub for that HBO movie a few years ago?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The words ‘bigger’ and ‘these’ are so misplaced here. How big of a name you’re has nothing to do with how people will end up voting. Just because Oprah praised WTSU (and she’s an executive producer) doesn’t mean everyone will vote for it. I loved WTSU but Chernobyl darling is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Heartbreaking and nuanced. Authentic and utterly unreal. It needs to win.

Paulsonalypse, you’re back

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl vs When they see us for limited series is gonna be an epic showdown. Its really a battle of HBO vs Netflix.

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Paulsonalypse, you’re back

I missed you so much & our darling sis ospencer.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

The words ‘bigger’ and ‘these’ are so misplaced here. How big of a name you’re has nothing to do with how people will end up voting. Just because Oprah praised WTSU (and she’s an executive producer) doesn’t mean everyone will vote for it. I loved WTSU but Chernobyl darling is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Heartbreaking and nuanced. Authentic and utterly unreal. It needs to win.

But that was literally what the comment I responded to was implying. Both shows have received industry endorsements and there isn’t a way of predicting the outcome just from that. And your last sentence clearly revealed that you’re biased.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Siegel had the coolest character and Pedretti had the most sympathetic but my favorite performance was Reaser’s. I thought it was the most authentic one, very impressing performance in episode 2.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Nah.

My favorite THoHH actress was Siegel but if one of them is nominated it’s Pedretti.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Siegel had the coolest character and Pedretti had the most sympathetic but my favorite performance was Reaser’s. I thought it was the most authentic one, very impressing performance in episode 2.

Yes! No one’s talking about her. She deserves praise as much as the other 2 do.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes! No one’s talking about her. She deserves praise as much as the other 2 do.

If the world was just, Hill House would be right behind Chernobyl and When They See Us in the odds, and Gugino, Hutton, Reaser, and Siegel would all be getting nominations.

As it stands, I’m still almost 100% confident that Mike Flanagan will steal a directing nom, and I’m almost physically unable to take it from my Series predictions

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, how are we feeling about Arquette, Clarkson, Ejogo, Farmiga, Gibbs and Watson in supporting actress? Also, is Weigert Emmy-worthy in Deadwood? I still haven’t gotten around watching it. If so, she could replace either Gibbs or mainly Ejogo.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok, how are we feeling about Arquette, Clarkson, Ejogo, Farmiga, Gibbs and Watson in supporting actress? Also, is Weigert Emmy-worthy in Deadwood? I still haven’t gotten around watching it. If so, she could replace either Gibbs or mainly Ejogo.

I haven’t watched True Detective but wasn’t Ejogo not given a lot to do? And with the buzz for the show being fairly muted and her lack of name recognition I don’t know if its happening. Also this is me making an excuse to justify predicting Scanlen

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Ejogo was given a lot to do. I wouldn’t say she had any obvious episodes to submit, but she had consistent material throughout.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t watched True Detective but wasn’t Ejogo not given a lot to do? And with the buzz for the show being fairly muted and her lack of name recognition I don’t know if its happening. Also this is me making an excuse to justify predicting Scanlen

I honestly have no clue, it’s just there are people who say she was truly good in it. I am starting to believe more and more the possible surprise of Scanlen. They have no issue going for young actors in the supporting acting miniseries categories, they’ve shown it in the past when it comes to shows they like. But if it’s not Scanlen, it’s Weigert I guess. There are also long shots like Sissy Spacek and Jean Smart but they’re from shows that feel underwatched especially Dirty John. But maybe Smart could coattail on Britton lmao?

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.