Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 476 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
  • Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly have no clue, it’s just there are people who say she was truly good in it. I am starting to believe more and more the possible surprise of Scanlen. They have no issue going for young actors in the supporting acting miniseries categories, they’ve shown it in the past when it comes to shows they like. But if it’s not Scanlen, it’s Weigert I guess. There are also long shots like Sissy Spacek and Jean Smart but they’re from shows that feel underwatched especially Dirty John. But maybe Smart could coattail on Britton lmao?

Ejogo was very good and she played a big role in the season as a whole. She would be well deserving to be nominated, but there are a lot of contenders deserving as well so I wouldn’t be shocked to see her nominated or not nominated. Elizabeth Scanlen is better and probably on a more beloved show with the Emmys, so I would say she has a higher chance of getting a nom.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO also doesn’t appear to be campaigning True Detective to the same extent as Chernobyl and Sharp Objects

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Arquette, Clarkson, Ejogo, Scanlen, Watson, and Weigert. I really want to take out Ejogo for Farmiga but I’m just not 100% sure yet if that last second release date hurt or helped When They See Us when it comes to acting noms.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarkson, Arquette and Watson all seem safe. Farmiga probably is too with When They See Us being at least top 2 for the series race, it’s a show that the actors branch in particular will probably shower with nominations. After that I have Scanlen and Weigert but neither of safe at all. I’m really considering putting in Julia Garner, if she’s really having the break out year she seems to be they could check her off in this category. I definitely don’t think Ejogo is happening, because who cares about True Detective? I also don’t get so many people predicting Field and Thompson. I guess Thompson makes a little sense because she has that Mindy Kaling movie, and years and years but she’s more likely to get a nom for SNL than King Lear. That’s the type of name check they seem to be avoiding more often recently, like Ellen Burstyn and AngelaLansbury last year

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

TV Movie category has lost a lot of steam that I doubt voters care about them anymore. Last year’s The Tale was an excellent movie and it has seriously underperformed, Al Pacino failed to receive a nomination for a seemingly no-brainer project. Not to mention that for the past three years the winners are not even actual TV movies. Therefore, I doubt that they will care for King Lear hence Thompson. In order to someone to appreciate Deadwood they must have watched the first three season which I doubt is the case (see Twin Peaks last year). Obviously they will be nominated in TV Movie category, but I’m not predicting any acting/writing/directing nominations for them.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been thinking about taking McShane out of my predictions, the buzz for the deadwood movie seems to have already completely died down. And he was only nominated for 1 of the 3 seasons so it’s not like he’s am emmy favorite. I’m very hesitant to predict Jharell Jerome but I think the actors branch is going to give a lot of support to When They See Us.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

For Supporting Actress I have: Arquette, Clarkson, Thompson, and Watson. Then I go for the long shots with Chloe Sevigny and Margaret Qualley. Though I do hope at least one of the THOHH actresses can get in.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Then I go for the long shots with Chloe Sevigny

Because she’s Chloe Sevigny or u do think she was good? Cause she barely had material imo, she also was absent in some episodes, she’s not Emmy-worthy.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am starting to wonder about Justin Theroux.  Based on the guilds, Maniac was widely seen and he was seen as a highlight.  Plus he might have built up enough goodwill over his career at this point that he might be seen more overdue than say Eric Lange, who is also a long-working character actor on the cusp of a nomination for a widely-seen miniseries.  Theroux was of course snubbed for The Leftovers, but these are different fields.  Compare how Regina King was snubbed in drama supporting and then won in limited lead (or the Treme situation).  He must have a solid network, with his random screenplay credits and more recently, his producing of Live in Front of a Studio Audience (which will actually make him an Emmy winner).

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I refuse to predict Emma Thompson if I’m not predicting Anthony Hopkins. Also because I had her at 100/1 odds and took her out of my predictions so I will be upset if she makes it lol

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I neeeeed Scanlen to be nominated. That’ll just be justice.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to wonder about Justin Theroux. Based on the guilds, Maniac was widely seen and he was seen as a highlight. Plus he might have built up enough goodwill over his career at this point that he might be seen more overdue than say Eric Lange, who is also a long-working character actor on the cusp of a nomination for a widely-seen miniseries. Theroux was of course snubbed for The Leftovers, but these are different fields. Compare how Regina King was snubbed in drama supporting and then won in limited lead (or the Treme situation). He must have a solid network, with his random screenplay credits and more recently, his producing of Live in Front of a Studio Audience (which will actually make him an Emmy winner).

What was the Treme situation may I ask?

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

What was the Treme situation may I ask?

It was a drama series, though competed as a limited series for its final season.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Because she’s Chloe Sevigny or u do think she was good? Cause she barely had material imo, she also was absent in some episodes, she’s not Emmy-worthy.

B/c she is Chloe Sevigny. I am also predicting her for Russian Doll I think. And I have The Act overperforming so she gets in by default but I may swap her with Buckley soon.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Arquette deserves to win the emmy for the act not for dannemora. The act was her best performance yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.