Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 476 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
sofan
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I honestly wouldn’t be suprised with Clooney missing as it was just last year Al Pacino and Nicole Kidman missed for buzz-less projects. I don’t see anyone talking about Catch-22 even in these forums. That being said, I also don’t think Lange (yet to watch Part 7) and Skarsgård are deserving contenders. I hope someone like Oliver Jackson-Cohen sneaks in.

Lange will be deserving to you after you see part 7 😉

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Hulu pushing harder for The Act or Catch-22? Catch 22 has the prestige factor and the big names, but The Act seems to be a lot more popular

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Just got around Native Son and my god Aston Sanders is utterly fantastic in this. The film itself is a hot mess but he carries it to above its loathsome exposition and weaker screenplay.

I’m not sure he will at this point but he absolutely deserves a nomination.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Hulu pushing harder for The Act or Catch-22? Catch 22 has the prestige factor and the big names, but The Act seems to be a lot more popular

The Act did break ratings records at Hulu, so it might make more sense to push that than Catch-22.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this the most stacked category? And yet I’m not sure if I’ll see a better drama series than Chernobyl this year. Just finished it and it’s such a phenomenal piece of work.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

In a year where When They See Us & Chernobyl aired and is seen as the most important retelling of historic events, I strongly doubt Sharp Objects is at #1. It’s #6 at best.

They’re my rankings. And “Sharp Objects” is not sixth place or anywhere near that.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

If HBO is submitting them could we get Jessie Buckley and Paul Ritter added to their respective categories?

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like this Board is always stuck in quick sand these days. It’s no longer quick enough to react to adjusting buzz and circumstances.

Let me just make one thing clear to you all. Emily Watson is winning supporting actress.

1.) she’s really good in Chernobyl

2.) Chernobyl is going into the Emmys red hot with critics and audiences. It will be far stronger than either Clarkson or Arquette’s shows. Both may even miss making it into miniseries. This is an obvious wide open category where Chernobyl’s strength should win.

3.) People are putting far too much stock on the wins last January by Arquette and Clarkson. Last falls Emmys were so weak for miniseries that’s regina king won actress for a cancelled series and godless (who would be an afterthought this year) won 2 acting Emmys and was ineligible for the Globes. Since those wins powerhouse performances from Chernobyl, When They see Us, and Fosse/Verdon have premiered. These shows were not in contention at the Globes. The Emmys are an entirely different dynamic right now. Both Chernobyl and When They see Us have hit huge and Michelle williams also has winner like reviews and buzz. New ballgame. To pretend otherwise is ignorance personified.

4.) Watson is absolutely ready and overdue for her first major industry acting win. Clarkson and arquette already emmy winners.

I got When they see us taking actor, fosse/Verdon taking actress, Chernobyl taking supporting actress, and toss up in supporting actor between Whishaw And williams. Maybe Skarsgard

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Andrea.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

Vektor
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sure somebody already mentioned this here: you really should add Jessie Buckley to the Movie/Mini Supporting Actress category for Chernobyl in the prediction centre. She’s getting that nomination if Chernobyl overperforms, which is definitely a possibility.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Vektor.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Vektor.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I recently watched True Detective… my God, what a brilliant season! Let me tell you something you might not know, Mahershala Ali is 100% winning the Emmy and Stephen Dorff and probably Carmen Ejogo are receiving Supporting nominations. Yes. That entire cast is incredible. Scoot McNairy deserves a nomination and the show deserves a Limited Series nomination too!

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to be pissed if Michael Kenneth Williams doesn’t get nominated and win he’s OVERDUE.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to be pissed if Michael Kenneth Williams doesn’t get nominated and win he’s OVERDUE.

From the top contending Limited Series I’ve seen thus far (Chernobyl, True Detective, A Very English Scandal, When They See Us) Ben Whishaw, Stephen Dorff and Scoot McNairy were better in my opinion. Haven’t seen much though so I plan on seeing more shows. I plan to have watched all of Escape at Dannemora by the weekend. Then The Act and Sharp Objects Objects and so on… so… still a long way to go!

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I definitely think Clooney will be nominated

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I am predicting Marisa Tomei LOL. One (?) week ago I didn’t even know what people on here were talking about when they referred to her, but now I’m predicting it. Honestly, The Hot Zone looks atrocious (as of Margulies) and Connie Britton gives a passable performance in Dirty John, so I’ve removed them both, keeping Emma Stone though still in. I feel like this was a huge TV special (hosted by Kimmel and Lear) with big film and tv stars that won’t go unnoticed by the Academy just like Jesus Christ Superstar and they might go overboard with it. I’m also considering predicting Marla Gibbs in supporting actress, that category is literally empty af.

I had her last week but removed her for Niecy Nash, but you convinced me to add her again. I’ve removed Ruth Wilson. I’m not really sure why I had her in the first place.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.