Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 476 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
sofan
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s with this site trying to murder each other over WTSU and Chernobyl. I’d be happy with either one of them winning.

I have him winning, because he’s overdue and has a very showy first episode! I don’t buy Whishaw at all anymore.

Lol did anyone? Even after his Globe and CC wins, he wasn’t a convincing winner (I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t nominated). I had Dano winning from the get-go, though I think it’ll be Williams vs. Skarsgård, with the former prevailing. That first episode was too baity for him, while Skarsgård doesn’t start going until like episode 2 or 3.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s with this site trying to murder each other over WTSU and Chernobyl. I’d be happy with either one of them winning. Lol did anyone? Even after his Globe and CC wins, he wasn’t a convincing winner (I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t nominated). I had Dano winning from the get-go, though I think it’ll be Williams vs. Skarsgård, with the former prevailing. That first episode was too baity for him, while Skarsgård doesn’t start going until like episode 2 or 3.

My thoughts exactly.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think that Paul Dano is out ahead in supporting actor.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s Williams vs Dano, who will be a good way for the Emmys to award Dannemora if they go with Michelle in lead actress (I personally wouldn’t vote for him due to fraud).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Paul Dano would easily win if this were up to me (well, since Oliver Jackson-Cohen won’t be nominated). He was so good in Dannemora, especially the finale.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked Dano but I’m rooting for MKW because of how blatant the Dano category fraud is.

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael K Williams deserves a nomination, but I watched and didn’t think he deserves a win. I agree that Dano gave the best supporting actor performance!

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

The point is that it wasn’t a ‘supporting actor’ performance.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Dano’s performance was outstanding, as was Del Toro. Whatever category they are respectively placed in, they (probably Dano more in supporting), should be a frontrunner.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The argument against Ben Whishaw is that his series might be weak, but if it gets nominated as I think that it will, he should be fine.  He will be the Jeff Daniels with a towering performance in a series nominee, while Michael Kenneth Williams will be the Edgar Ramirez with his respected career and performance in the possible series winner that would win in another year, like he could have beaten Bill Murray.  Paul Dano will be the Finn Wittrock—strong tape, but too young.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actor could be a toss-up as to who wins. Ben Whishaw is still in the lead I think and would be a very deserving winner (as would Hugh Grant in Lead, but that’s not happening).

After Whishaw, I actually think Skarsgard has the best shot at taking home the win. Great supporting turn, by a great well-respected actor in a major HBO production. Could actually be the frontrunner, due to Whishaw being young.

Paul Dano is a well-respected actor, but young as well. He does benefit by being a lead on his series, so I guess it depends on if voters watched, bc the main focus in the media about his series has always been Patricia Arquette’s performance and Ben Stiller’s directing… not his performance.

I don’t see Michael K Williams winning for When They See Us. Nominated, yes. He simply wasn’t given enough to do. Unless the Academy feels like they owe him or a WTSU sweep happens, he shouldn’t win.

Lord knows who else will get nominated. I would support both Catch-22 men scoring noms, but neither winning. Please don’t give George Clooney an Emmy just bc he is George Clooney! Nothing wrong with his performance, there are just too many more worthy ones to choose from over his.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I just thought I’d mention that Whishaw is just three years older than Dano… so if we’re using the age argument, then we need to take it into consideration for both. Personally, I don’t think the age will hurt them. It didn’t hurt Darren Criss last year, who was up against a bunch of TV and movie vets.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s sadder is Patrick Arquette isn’t winning Emmys this year despite being excellent.

I didn’t think Patrick Arquette was very good at all in Get Out of Mannedora, to be honest. I much preferred him in The Thing That Was Done, even if Joe Queen outshone him sometimes.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.