Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 476 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
sofan
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully I won’t be wrong for the sake of both of us lol. Just passing by this thread to say that Clooney & Chandler have no reason being anywhere near a nomination considering all these other deserving actors also contending. Name-check needs to end.

Chandler was actually quite good. I thought it was a fun performance and deserving of a nomination. Who would you have ahead of him?

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Shame Nash is being pushed lead. She really has no business being there. She might be my MVP of When They See Us, and even I feel like she might get snubbed here.

Zazee
    Participant
    Topics:

I think both Aunjanue Ellis and her, alongside with Vera Farmiga, would’ve dominated the supporting category if not the leading push.

Anyway, impeccable performances, despite the limited screentime.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I think both Aunjanue Ellis and her, alongside with Vera Farmiga, would’ve dominated the supporting category if not the leading push. Anyway, impeccable performances, despite the limited screentime.

Tough to say because supporting actress is actually quite stacked this year. I’m not sure Ellis and Farmiga are better than some of the contenders.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m currently watching Escape at Dannemora and I’m really liking Patty (obviously) and Paul Dano’s performances. I’m on eps 4 and I hope there’s more baity stuff for Dano going forward because he’d be a great nominee.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m currently watching Escape at Dannemora and I’m really liking Patty (obviously) and Paul Dano’s performances. I’m on eps 4 and I hope there’s more baity stuff for Dano going forward because he’d be a great nominee.

Wait til the finale! He’s great in it.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Tough to say because supporting actress is actually quite stacked this year.

Jays the comedian.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Jays the comedian.

Is it not? There’s Arquette, Buckley, Clarkson, Ejogo, Field, Qualley, Scanlen, and Watson. And then add the number of When They See Us actresses. That looks quite stacked for me for supporting actress in a limited series/TV movie.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

As Jays said, he’s brilliant in the finale and he has one scene where I was like holy crap.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh. I took The Act out of my fifth spot for Hill House. That’s 70% bias and 30% because they submitted perfectly and could get into writing and directing.

I’m reluctant as fuck to get rid of The Act though.

There are way too many good limited series this year. It’s insane.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

The Act being at the top of the ballot has to help as well.

Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it not? There’s Arquette, Buckley, Clarkson, Ejogo, Field, Qualley, Scanlen, and Watson. And then add the number of When They See Us actresses. That looks quite stacked for me for supporting actress in a limited series/TV movie.

My problem with that category is that, aside from two Patricia’s every other contender only makes half sense and cannot bring myself up to put any of them in without hesitation. They either have the show but not the role or vice versa or have both but simply lack name recognition.

Nash going lead raised eyebrows but I’m more dumbstruck that Aunjanue Ellis did as well. The Academy has been known to fill Supp. Mini categories with the actors they know from the shows they love without much justification but WTSU just threw that opportunity into the dirt. Vera Farmiga definitetly will not win even if the show sweeps every other category and she should not be the sole representative of the cast there.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

In a just world THOHH would get

Limited Series

Directing

Writing x2

Lead Actress

Supporting Actor for Oliver Jackson Cohen

Supporting Actress for Victoria Pedretti, Kate Siegel, and Elizabeth Reaser

but we don’t live in that timeline.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

And it would sweep series, writing and directing.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Polls for Who Should Win Limited Series categories now live.

LIMITED SERIES
    ACTOR
    ACTRESS
    S.ACTOR 
    S.ACTRESS

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.