Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 476 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
mafro987
  • bellajoe
    Participant
    Topics:

is there any chance Lana Wachowski could get a nom for directing the sense8 movie? her work on that show was phenomenal.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t see Jessie Buckley in the predictions centre. I do think she’s in contention for a nomination now so she should be added as soon as possible.

Yeah that could end up being really embarrassing because she’s definitely a possibility (and in the top 10)

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t see Jessie Buckley in the predictions centre. I do think she’s in contention for a nomination now so she should be added as soon as possible.

Re-posting this for emphasis.

jez89
    Participant
    Topics:

Surely the overrated and over-rewarded Mahershala Ali is not winning a Lead Actor Emmy too. That will be way too much. Hopefully its Jared Harris or Hugh Grant.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Surely the overrated and over-rewarded Mahershala Ali is not winning a Lead Actor Emmy too. That will be way too much. Hopefully its Jared Harris or Hugh Grant.

People say his performance is career-best, so you never know

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Well his performance is easily better than that of both of the artists you’ve mentioned.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe I am missing something, but I can’t tell which episode was submitted for Chernobyl in Writing. I am really hoping for the last episode. I re-watched it yesterday and I have also finished listening to all of the podcasts.

I can only repeat – this show is a masterpiece from start to finish, especially episode 5. Absolutely masterful dialogue during the trial as well as that heartwarming conversation between Legasov and Sherbina outside on the bench. I am still so impressed by how well the science behind the explosion was explained. Better than in any documentary I had seen prior. This just has to take Writing!

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe I am missing something, but I can’t tell which episode was submitted for Chernobyl in Writing.

In miniseries categories, since one person has written all episodes, they don’t have to submit one, they’re considered for all of them.

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Done with “Escape at Dannemora”. Eric Lange and, to a lesser extent, Benicio Del Toro do not deserve nominations in my honest opinion.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Done with “Escape at Dannemora”. Eric Lange and, to a lesser extent, Benicio Del Toro do not deserve nominations in my honest opinion.

Agreed. Rooting for Paul Dano. He’s criminally underrated as an actor in general.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I need to make room for “True Detective” somewhere, but I can’t decide what to drop. Something major is going to get snubbed in Limited Series this year. Also, no one is beating Ali in Lead Actor.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

In miniseries categories, since one person has written all episodes, they don’t have to submit one, they’re considered for all of them.

Oh thanks, that explains it. In that case, Craig Mazin is even more deserving of the Best Writing award. There is not a single flaw in the writing of that show and even when it deviates from what happened in reality, Mazin has very legitimate reasons for changing a few things and it only enhances the overall viewing experience.

Will tackle When They See Us next. What a season for miniseries!

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. Rooting for Paul Dano. He’s criminally underrated as an actor in general.

Oh definitely!

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Well his performance is easily better than that of both of the artists you’ve mentioned.

These people don’t watch True Detective. The best performances in the category are Ali and Jerome and then it’s a big gap to Harris etc.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Among that group it’s down to personal preference surely. Harris’ performance is magnificent and he anchors the series. His micro expressions alone! My personal winner.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 476 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.