Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Predict the limited series/TV movie categories in the 2019 Emmy Awards predictions center and discuss in this thread.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited Series: I’ve got no idea
    Television Movie: Bandersnatch (at this point, the Emmys need to just ban Black Mirror because it’s getting tiring)
    Lead Actress: Amy Adams, Sharp Objects
    Lead Actor: Mahershala Ali, True Detective (his sweep is going to be just as boring as the Oscars and Criss’)
    Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette, The Act (Arquette can easily beat Clarkson imo with it being fresher and she’ll drain the lead votes)
    Supporting Actor: Ben Whipshaw, A Very English Scandal

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I already explained that I think Arquette’s votes will drain from the Lead with TA being fresher in people’s minds which means more votes for Supporting, and since Fosse/Verdon is said to be as dry as sand, I doubt Williams will get more votes than Adams. Not to mention, Scanlen and Perkins will probably be in Supporting, aka vote-splitting.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The last person in the category who swept prior and won the Emmy was Moore, so I’m not really keen on predicting the precursor sweeper, so that’s why I’m predicting Adams. The only reason why I’m predicting the Supporting Actor sweeper is because there’s no real alternative.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

To be fair, a lot of winners go on to sweep because their shows premiere in the spring, examples of which since Moore are Sarah Paulson and Nicole Kidman. Sweeping the precursors is never a negative thing, and in this case with two fall contenders against each other (Patricia Arquette and Amy Adams) it is especially positive.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

True, I didn’t think about that. It’s just my early predictions, so until more air/it’s closer to nominations, I’ll probably just keep Adams and then switch to whoever is likeliest at that point.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited Series: I’ve got no idea
    Television Movie: Bandersnatch (at this point, the Emmys need to just ban Black Mirror because it’s getting tiring)
    Lead Actress: Amy Adams, Sharp Objects
    Lead Actor: Mahershala Ali, True Detective (his sweep is going to be just as boring as the Oscars and Criss’)
    Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette, The Act (Arquette can easily beat Clarkson imo with it being fresher and she’ll drain the lead votes)
    Supporting Actor: Ben Whipshaw, A Very English Scandal

Your post makes me think that Black Mirror s5 was announced for this year, and could compete in limited series this time. So could this be a surprise contender if released before the deadline ?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

With how dead the category is, I think Netflix could surprise release the new BM season and campaign it. But they’ll probably get pushback since they’re already going to campaign the movie and they are the reason why the rules changed last year.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m team Arquette and Escape at Dannemora! But if Amy wins, I’d be just as happy!

Objectively speaking, we don’t know anything about this category yet. Sharp Objects and Dannemora seem to be locks in multiple categories, but after that, who knows.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

The last person in the category who swept prior and won the Emmy was Moore, so I’m not really keen on predicting the precursor sweeper, so that’s why I’m predicting Adams. The only reason why I’m predicting the Supporting Actor sweeper is because there’s no real alternative.

I really think (and hope, for excitement’s sake) that Sam Rockwell can give Mahershala a run for his money

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m watching out for Good Omens. I feel like it’s gonna be this last minute show with an ok campaign that will get the last spot in limited series.

Intrigued by the potential of Chernobyl. Currently predicting it for the supporting acting categories only (Skarsgard & Watson), although I’m pretty sure I’ll have to remove them if they don’t have anything to do. Jared Harris is also top 10 for me, I think he could get in but probably not, predicting, in the last 3 spots, Hopkins (easy/lazy name check), McShane (previously nominated role) and del Toro since he won’t have the danger of canceling each other out with Dano and also given that Escape might win LSeries.

As of Fosse/Verdon, I think the performances won’t be bombastic, but more like theatrical, and I expect both Rockwell and white Michelle to be nothing but enjoyable.

What do you think about Joey King? Obviously we haven’t watched the show yet, but she looks good from the trailers. Obviously she won’t have industry support, but I think if she has a good performance she could get in in this weak category. Otherwise I’ll also be forced to predict Margulies given that her show is (I think) the main push by NatGeo for limited series this year.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Two acting wins for “Sharp Objects” (Adams and Scanlen, sorry Clarkson) and two acting wins for “True Detective”
    (Ali and McNarry, Dorff in lead) would be fantastic. But there’s “Escape at Dannemora” to consider, so that likely isn’t happening. I’m also watching out for whatever “Black Mirror” EPISODE is submitted (never underestimating them again). Greatly looking forward to “Native Son” and Ashton Sanders, hoping for the best there. I think “Fosse/Verdon” will be mostly ignored by Emmy voters based on initial reviews, but Rockwell and Williams can pull through based on name recognition.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m beginning to think that Arquette will run the table and take the Emmy from Adams, which is something I didn’t see coming several months ago. Scanlen deserves an Emmy, but Clarkson is probably more of a threat due to her name recognition and stature in the business.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Trying my winners predictions, just to see how it will age.

Limited Series – Escape at Dannemora
    Actor – Mahershala Ali
    Actress
    – Patricia Arquette
    Supporting Actor
    – Paul Dano
    Supporting Actress – Patricia Clarkson

I don’t think Ali and Arquette can be dethroned. Clarkson can win as a way of rewarding the show and supporting actor is a random pick, the category is open. I could see Dano winning if they truly embrace the show. Big limited series usually sweep.

A week ago, I would argue that Fosse/Verdon has the potential to become a strong player, but it doesn’t seem very likely now. It can still surprise, but it will be really hard to win one of the lead categories. I could see a scenario in which Williams wins only because Arquette wins in supporting.

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why Kathy Bates is so high in the prediction center. The only person who should be nominated from AHS is Frances Conroy (and Jessica Lange, if she was eligible–which still doesn’t make sense why she isn’t, but alas). Bates did nothing noteworthy this year (even Joan Collins would be more worthy than Bates, but she doesn’t really deserve a nomination either).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.