Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 502 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

And why the hell does it have better odds than Game of Thrones, Veep, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel do?

I believe Riley said the odds are a bit messed up. I know it’s sort of Emmy bait, but if you don’t have visibility working in your favor, then at the very least you need good reviews, which Fosse/Verdon doesn’t have – 68 on MC is fine, but maybe not for an Emmy contender. That said, since it’s FX and they don’t have anything else to really push, I wouldn’t be shocked if a huge campaign helped the show. We’ve seen what a good campaign can do – The Alienist and Genius say hi.

Escape at Dannemora, on the other hand, doubled its viewership from the first episode to the finale, and Sharp Objects had more viewers for finale than for its premiere.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

FX hasn’t missed a Limited Series nomination since 2012.

insomniac26
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sorry but why exactly is Fosse/Verdon in second place in our odds? The show has zero buzz (it’s very close to getting that 0.0 rating, though so did Patrick Melrose), the reviews weren’t that great, and the field is starting to get very crowded. I’m not saying it won’t make the lineup (though that’s what I am predicting), but it really shouldn’t be that high.

It doesn’t have much buzz, but this isn’t correct. This week it got a 0.13 in the demo. A 0.0 is a 0.04 and below.

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Renée Zellweger a contender with her new Netflix anthology series launching on May 24?

Anonymous
    Topics:

She is, but the show looks trash, and the TV academy will probably ignore it, so I’m not confident on her at all.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I want to predict Joey King, but how does Connie Britton not Regina King herself to a nomination?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I feel like the last few years have just shown us that visibility can get you that nod as well; “The Act” has set records for Hulu, which is why I have the show and King nominated. I am not confident at all, but sometimes we have to make risky predictions. And depending on how The Hot Zone and When They See Us are received, I might have to take it back out.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I want to predict Joey King, but how does Connie Britton not Regina King herself to a nomination?

I simply can’t think of a voter who watches The Act, nominates Patricia Arquette but ignores Joey King.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Regina King was terrific in Seven Seconds, while Connie Britton couldn’t have done more passable work in Dirty John. Also, it was easy for anyone to sympathize with King’s character, while the same cannot be said for Britton’s. Britton is not a strong contender, but at the same time neither are Emma Stone and Julianna Margulies. I think Joey is in easily; not only is there lots of buzz for The Act, but she herself gives an unbelievable performance. I just don’t see what member of the acting branch would waste their vote away on Britton, when Amy, Patricia, Michelle and Joey are breathtaking, and Emma Stone did some of her best work in her career on Maniac.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I simply can’t think of a voter who watches The Act, nominates Patricia Arquette but ignores Joey King.

But it’s easy to think of a voter who doesn’t watch The Act, nominates Patricia Arquette but ignores Joey King.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Regina King was terrific in Seven Seconds, while Connie Britton couldn’t have done more passable work in Dirty John. Also, it was easy for anyone to sympathize with King’s character, while the same cannot be said for Britton’s. Britton is not a strong contender, but at the same time neither are Emma Stone and Julianna Margulies. I think Joey is in easily; not only is there lots of buzz for The Act, but she herself gives an unbelievable performance. I just don’t see what member of the acting branch would waste their vote away on Britton, when Amy, Patricia, Michelle and Joey are breathtaking, and Emma Stone did some of her best work in her career on Maniac.

Plus, the breakout factor will help King as well, the same way it helped Darren Criss last year. King has been in enough for some people to know her, so some will be shocked when they see her in this, because she’s downright phenomenal. She’s playing opposite an Oscar and Emmy winner and is able to be just as good.

The entire show will also be helped by the fact that Gypsy’s story has not only become relevant again, but it’s a well-known story in general.

Why is Ruth Wilson so high and in 5th place among the experts? I get that the show is about her real-life story, but she couldn’t even get nominated for the first season of The Affair, after she won the Globe. And have people actually watched Mrs. Wilson?

Anonymous
    Topics:

She is good in it, but the fact that she’s missed for both The Affair and Jane Eyre in the past doesn’t in general make her a strong contender, especially when she is the only potential nom for Mrs. Wilson, having nothing to at least coattail on.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

How is the show itself? It looked very interesting!

Anonymous
    Topics:

SASHA. Where the h*ll have you been darling?!

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

A goddess has returned.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.