Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 314 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
  • RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix was really lax with getting their dvds out to SAG voters this year. I got mine like 4 days before the voting ended and after I had already voted. I had forgotten the discs were even coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it possible that Black Earth Rising could get in to the Limited Series categories. Netflix seem to be campaigning hard in Limited Series Actress and Supporting Actor for Coel and Goodman. And if they aren’t going to focus on Maniac apart from Stone and maybe Field and When They See Us on Farmiga, could this pave the way for them?

A sneak at their fyc package.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I am adding When They See Us to my limited series lineup now. This looks incredible. And I am confidently keeping Farmiga in my supporting actress lineup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3F9n_smGWY

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Netflix seem to be campaigning hard in Limited Series Actress and Supporting Actor for Coel and Goodman.

How so?

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s been revealed David Milch was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Could this possibly gain Deadwood enough sympathy votes for it to win Outstanding TV Movie? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/deadwood-creator-david-milch-diagnosed-alzheimers-1204061

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s been revealed David Milch was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Could this possibly gain Deadwood enough sympathy votes for it to win Outstanding TV Movie? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/deadwood-creator-david-milch-diagnosed-alzheimers-1204061

It probably was going to win TV movie regardless. Why would Black Mirror win for a less well-received episode over a continuation of a show that was nominated for Drama Series and is strong enough to get acting nominations (which Black Mirror seems very unlikely to be)?

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

So did they not submit Elizabeth Perkins for Sharp Objects? Not listed under the HBO submissions.

That’s odd. Did they want to avoid any vote split with Clarkson>?

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Amy Adams, Sharp Objects

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s because Perkins didn’t have the screen time.

Edit: She had roughly a little over 18 1/2 minutes, so 4.4% out of the 5% required. She needed 21 minutes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Perkins definitely had the screen time, but I would guess they wanted to give more of a shot to Clarkson and Scanlen. Can Perkins submit herself even if HBO doesn’t?

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m fine with the omission of Perkins. Scanlen deserves to get in ahead of her anyway, and I fear she would miss out over Perkins just based on name recognition alone.

What about Messina’s chances in Supporting Actor? Might be a bit crowded, especially if Catch-22 is good but I thought he was definitely worthy of a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sorry but why exactly is Fosse/Verdon in second place in our odds? The show has zero buzz (it’s very close to getting that 0.0 rating, though so did Patrick Melrose), the reviews weren’t that great, and the field is starting to get very crowded. I’m not saying it won’t make the lineup (though that’s what I am predicting), but it really shouldn’t be that high.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I am sorry but why exactly is Fosse/Verdon in second place in our odds? The show has zero buzz (it’s very close to getting that 0.0 rating, though so did Patrick Melrose), the reviews weren’t that great, and the field is starting to get very crowded. I’m not saying it won’t make the lineup (though that’s what I am predicting), but it really shouldn’t be that high.

And why the hell does it have better odds than Game of Thrones, Veep, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel do?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

And why the hell does it have better odds than Game of Thrones, Veep, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel do?

I believe Riley said the odds are a bit messed up. I know it’s sort of Emmy bait, but if you don’t have visibility working in your favor, then at the very least you need good reviews, which Fosse/Verdon doesn’t have – 68 on MC is fine, but maybe not for an Emmy contender. That said, since it’s FX and they don’t have anything else to really push, I wouldn’t be shocked if a huge campaign helped the show. We’ve seen what a good campaign can do – The Alienist and Genius say hi.

Escape at Dannemora, on the other hand, doubled its viewership from the first episode to the finale, and Sharp Objects had more viewers for finale than for its premiere.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

FX hasn’t missed a Limited Series nomination since 2012.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

FX hasn’t ever gotten a Limited Series that isn’t either Fargo or from Ryan Murphy nominated. FX also has never gotten a series without critical acclaim or good ratings nominated, and Fosse/Verdon has neither.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 314 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.