Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 502 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Happy to see someone stepping up their campaign. In addition to the standard FYC events in Los Angeles and New York, The Hot Zone is also hosting academy-sanctioned screenings in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis and Portland. Only Emmy voters (and their plus-ones and press) are allowed to attend these events and the studios so rarely campaign in these cities that they can probably get a huge portion of the voters in those normally-neglected cities to come out. Ozark is the only other show to have an FYC event outside of Los Angeles or New York this season, past or scheduled, as it is doing a screening with panel in Atlanta next Sunday.

So I have been talking up The Hot Zone for weeks and I see that I am one of only six people on the whole website who is predicting it for a nomination? More people have have total non-starters The ABC Murders, Miracle Workers, Ordeal by Innocence, The Spanish Princess and The Widow. Come on! Early reviews have actually been quite solid too; I had expected them to be merely decent.

Here are the pages in the Hulu book for Catch-22 and Castle Rock. Note the focus on George Clooney over Kyle Chandler and Sissy Spacek over her co-stars. Also note that Catch-22 is making a mere three acting submissions.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Despite only so-so reviews and muted buzz, I am struggling to remove Fosse/Verdon from my series lineup even though there are several other viable contenders that I am itching to add. It just seems to appeal so solidly to a specific portion of the Academy that I can see it making it in regardless of the other factors. Anyone else in this predicament?

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I dropped it from series a long time ago, finally putting in Catch-22, but I’m still at a constant debate with myself on whether or not I’ll add it back in. I’m also debating whether or not to take out Rockwell too (since Williams is the only one getting buzz) but I don’t really know who I would substitute him with.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

No matter how well it does here, You will see Catch 22 at the globes next year.

For now, im keeping F-V But its at the bottom on my list in terms of winning.

I actually have Escape at Dannemora as my front runner.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Having seen the whole thing, I am baffled by the level of reviews for Catch-22 (preliminarily 76 on Metacritic). Having said that, it says something that none of its ten counted reviews is scored as 100.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think Fosse/ Verdon is easily out, with The Act being an audience hit, Chernobyl building up some momentum, and When They See Us probably being a hit too.

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the most exciting Limited Series has been in a few years. You can make really strong cases for like 10 shows to be nominated.

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m more interested by character-driven series and colorful performances, so “Chernobyl” isn’t doing it for me yet. The fact that the only Academy Award-nominated performer didn’t even show up in the first episode was somewhat of a letdown. I’d rank “The Act,” “Dannemora,” “Sharp Objects,” and “Fosse/Verdon” ahead, but I think I’m in the minority here.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I know what you mean. Joey King is rising and Chris says that Paula Malcomson has a big role in Deadwood, so is Emma Stone missing?

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

If Paula Malcomson actually is a hit, that makes it easy for me. Arquette, Williams, Adams, Stone, King, and Malcomson. Connie Britton always felt like a placeholder.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

so is Emma Stone missing?

The steep downward trajectory of Maniac has really been something else. This feels very possible but not ready to predict it.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I know what you mean. Joey King is rising and Chris says that Paula Malcomson has a big role in Deadwood, so is Emma Stone missing?

I’m actually losing confidence in King. Why do you think she’s rising? Am I missing something?

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix doesn’t fail with this innovative FYC package for Bandersnatch. Funny how they submitted five different endings plus the original one. I’m wondering how this will affect its chances with voters watching these tapes.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.