Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand why Kathy Bates is so high in the prediction center. The only person who should be nominated from AHS is Frances Conroy (and Jessica Lange, if she was eligible–which still doesn’t make sense why she isn’t, but alas). Bates did nothing noteworthy this year (even Joan Collins would be more worthy than Bates, but she doesn’t really deserve a nomination either).

Unfortunately, Conroy’s name wasn’t present at the time the predictions center opened, and Bates along with Field is one of those inflations we see (The Looming Tower actors last year). Bates has lost her namecheck status for AHS and did not do anything worthy this season. What I have realized this year is that so many star vehicle projects are turning out to be dissapointing. Emma Stone is an incredible actress, yet her talent is criminally wasted in Maniac. Sharp Objects has also failed to deliver material for Amy Adams which Big Little Lies yielded to Kidman. Therefore, I expect to see projects like The Haunting of Hill House sneaking in, those voters will watch and enjoy.

Bebe
    Participant
    Topics:

Unfortunately, Conroy’s name wasn’t present at the time the predictions center opened, and Bates along with Field is one of those inflations we see (The Looming Tower actors last year). Bates has lost her namecheck status for AHS and did not do anything worthy this season. What I have realized this year is that so many star vehicle projects are turning out to be dissapointing. Emma Stone is an incredible actress, yet her talent is criminally wasted in Maniac. Sharp Objects has also failed to deliver material for Amy Adams which Big Little Lies yielded to Kidman. Therefore, I expect to see projects like The Haunting of Hill House sneaking in, those voters will watch and enjoy.

Disagree with you on “Sharp Objects” not delivering (I loved it), and I actually thought Sally Field was quite good on “Maniac” (memorable was the “Rev up the Miata” line). Though not as good as Clarkson, Perkins, Hill House ladies, Conroy, Lange.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

SERIES

1. Sharp Objects
    2. Escape at Dannemora
    3. Fosse/Verdon
    4. A Very English Scandal
    5. True Detective

6. Catch-22
    7. When They See Us
    8. Chernobyl
    9. Maniac
    10. The Act

MOVIE

1. Deadwood
    2. King Lear
    3. Brexit
    4. My Dinner with Herve
    5. Bandersnatch

6. Native Son
    7. OG
    8. Sense8
    9. The Romanoffs
    10. The Romanoffs

LEAD ACTOR

1. Mahershala Ali, True Detective
    2. Sam Rockwell, Fosse/Verdon
    3. Hugh Grant, A Very English Scandal
    4. Benicio Del Toro, Escape at Dannemora
    5. Anthony Hopkins, King Lear
    6. Ian McShane, Deadwood

7. Benedict Cumberbatch, Brexit
    8. Ashton Sanders, Native Son
    9. Christopher Abbott, Catch-22
    10. Fionn Whitehead, Bandersnatch

LEAD ACTRESS

1. Amy Adams, Sharp Objects
    2. Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
    3. Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon
    4. Helen Mirren, Catherine the Great
    5. Emma Stone, Maniac
    6. Connie Britton, Dirty John

7. Ruth Wilson, Mrs Wilson
    8. Joey King, The Act
    9. Florence Pugh, The Little Drummer Girl
    10. Vanessa Hudgens, Rent

SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Ben Whishaw, A Very English Scandal
    2. George Clooney, Catch-22
    3. Norbert Leo Butz, Fosse/Verdon
    4. Kyle Chandler, Catch-22
    5. Hugh Laurie, Catch-22
    6. David Oyelowo, Les Miserables

7. Paul Dano, Escape at Dannemora
    8. Eric Lange, Escape at Dannemora
    9. Stephen Dorff, True Detective
    10. John Hawkes, Deadwood

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

1. Patricia Clarkson, Sharp Objects
    2. Patricia Arquette, The Act
    3. Carmen Ejogo, True Detective
    4. Elizabeth Perkins, Sharp Objects
    5. Olivia Colman, Les Miserables
    6. Eliza Scanlen, Sharp Objects

7. Emily Watson, Chernobyl
    8. Anna Gunn, Deadwood
    9. Emma Thompson, King Lear
    10. Margaret Qualley, Fosse/Verdon

DIRECTING

1. Escape at Dannemora
    2. True Detective
    3. Sharp Objects
    4. Deadwood
    5. Bandersnatch
    6. Maniac

7. Fosse/Verdon
    8. Catch-22
    9. The Act
    10. True Detective

WRITING

1. Fosse/Verdon
    2. Castle Rock
    3. Sharp Objects
    4. Maniac
    5. My Dinner with Herve
    6. The Haunting of Hill House

7. Escape at Dannemora
    8. Brexit
    9. Fosse/Verdon
    10. A Very English Scandal

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it just me but I think Cody Fern will be nominated this year. I think American Horror Story is such a show that always has visibility with the voters, and even from the first episode this season was all about his character. He was snubbed in the same category last year for a deserving performance which we know the voters has seen. He also appears in House of Cards‘ last season, another show which the voters will see. I wouldn’t disregard him as a viable contender.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Is it just me but I think Cody Fern will be nominated this year. I think American Horror Story is such a show that always has visibility with the voters, and even from the first episode this season was all about his character. He was snubbed in the same category last year for a deserving performance which we know the voters has seen. He also appears in House of Cards‘ last season, another show which the voters will see. I wouldn’t disregard him as a viable contender.

Supporting Actor is weirdly stacked this year, so I doubt it tbh.

Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting Actor is weirdly stacked this year, so I doubt it tbh.

Well, at least as of right now, it looks like Fern is going Lead: https://www.fxnetworks.com/fyc/ahs/cast

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Like Luca said, it’s very doubtful. If Wittrock got nominated over him (when it should’ve been the other way around), they won’t nom him for this (especially when imo the performance and writing for it was all over the place).

Edit: just saw the post regarding the placement so disregard this since he’s got no chance in lead lol.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I have just learned that he is placed as lead; I wrote the post in regards to his prospect in the supporting category. Obviously, he has lost his chance.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Putting Fern in lead has just killed his chances. Category fraud is fraud, but it works, people! Also, are they not going to campaign Frances Conroy? Because that would be a massive mistake.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just now noticed that FX is also campaigning Evan Peters Lead. I mean he’s never had a chance, especially for this season, but lead really? He was basically cameo-ing the entire season. Who is making these placement decisions this season? And like Heptapod said, not campaigning Conroy is another what the hell decision.

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Peters did NOTHING this season to justify a lead placement. I’d say that he’d be siphoning votes away from Fern, but no one would be voting for Peters in a lead category if they’d seen more than the first three episodes of Apocalypse. That FYC page had better be a work in progress, or else FX is messing up BAD.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m inclined to believe that Evan Peters being listed as lead was a typo because all of the other FX shows grouped actors by category and Peters was after Bates (Supporting Actress). Also I could have sworn I read Peters listed as supporting earlier.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The FX FYC site is often wrong this early on. Their Fargo placements especially around this time are always terrible (Ewan McGregor in supporting, Alison Tolman in lead, Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman in drama). Having said that, I would not go so far as to say that it is based on nothing and I appreciate that it specifies the pilot as Ryan Murphy’s submission for Pose directing, as well as that they are pushing It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia for choreography and music supervision. Only Michelle Williams and Sam Rockwell are listed for Fosse/Verdon; is this because everyone else is ineligible? Funny that they have not decided what genre Mr Inbetween is.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think if they wise up and place Cody Fern in Supporting, he stands a decent chance… especially bc he was a major part of the marketing for the series (I mean… I feel like that’s how Ricky Martin got nominated last year, lol).

On another note… I look forward to seeing the Deadwood Movie and the Emmys reactions to it. There are a lot of high profile former Emmy nominees and winners in the cast, including: Ian McShane, Timothy Olyphant, Anna Gunn, Brad Dourif, Molly Parker, Robin Weigert, Gerald McRaney… plus Academy Award-nominee John Hawkes. It’s hard to imagine a lot of those names being ignored if the film is well-received.

agorretta
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, their FYC site definitely has problems. I was just scrolling through it and it lists Sarah Bolger and Carla Baratta for Supporting ACTOR for Mayans MC lol.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  agorretta.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  agorretta.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.