Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve seen the entirety of “Chernobyl” (not allowed to say anything about it though) and the first episode of “When They See Us” – I think both are getting into limited series.

Which acting contenders do you think have the best shot at getting a nomination?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

For “When They See Us” I can’t quite say yet – not until I’ve seen all four episodes – and for “Chernobyl” its really difficult, too. Skarsgard, Harris, and Watson are all great, but the show is more story-driven than character-driven that I wouldn’t be surprised if it got zero acting nods. Skarsgard has the loudest character, but it’s pretty one-note.

The one problem “When They See Us” could have, IMO, is that the cast is HUGE. There are so many deserving contenders in that premiere already. And tbh, if it weren’t for the scandal, I’d call Huffman a safe bet.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix isn’t done with Maniac. Based on the FYC package, Sally Field and Justin Theroux are their supporting priorities for the show.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

After watching CATCH-22 in full, I REALLY want to see Christopher Abbott nominated in Lead Actor!!! Very deserved. I hope voters don’t just name-check a bunch of high-profile stars in that category.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m warning y’all, “When They See Us” is not here to play, it’s here to win. Not everyone’s going to like it, but the academy will eat this up.

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

The two Moonlight win going head-to-head in Lead Actor would be iconic. Too bad Native Son flopped and we couldn’t have Sanders too.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

FX has included DVDs of the first six episodes of Fosse/Verdon in their big box of their shows to voters, but they are submitting the seventh episode that just aired for writing. The premiere is their only directing submission.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I love that they have only one submission per category.

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Why isn’t Hugh Laurie eligible for Catch 22????

Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

Why isn’t Hugh Laurie eligible for Catch 22????

He didn’t meet the five percent screen time requirement for eligibility.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well, Chernobyl is/was trending on Twitter – this show is definitely in the top 3 IMO. I think the race is really a race between WTSU, Dannemora, and Chernobyl, but I’m still giving WTSU the edge because I know exactly that it’ll steal everyone else’s thunder when it drops on May 31. I just can’t imagine this not winning ATM, with its important subject matter and it dealing with such a notorious case.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

People are really jumping on the Chernobyl bandwagon so it’s definitely a strong competitor. HBO is so smart to have released this right before the Emmy deadline. They should have done that with Sharp Objects last year because I’ve almost completely forgotten about that series so I don’t know if it’ll even get in.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl is about the dominate the emmys. I’m surprised it’s still so low in the odds, it should be at the top. Great release date, tons of buzz, highly acclaimed from both critcs and audiences. It’s the highest rated show of all time on imdb, with 70,000 ratings (compared with 11,000 for Dannemora), and of course it feels very timely as it concerns untrustworthy politicians and the environment. I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t rack up a ton of nominations and cement itself as the frontrunner. Escape at Dannemora always felt like a placeholder, it’s not like it has much competition to overcome.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we seriously going to pretend that Michelle Williams doesn’t deserve to win that Lead Actress Emmy?

I mean are we really going to play this?

Especially with an obvious out to reward Arquette in the much softer supporting race?

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Arquette deserves to win in lead. Just because she’s contending in supporting as well doesn’t mean she needs to lose the bigger prize to accomodate other performances.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.