Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Who should I drop for Jharrel Jerome, Jared Harris or Benedict Cumberbatch?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Who should I drop for Jharrel Jerome, Jared Harris or Benedict Cumberbatch?

I know it’s a dumb move, but I dropped Cumberbatch. There’s just too much competition and not enough passion for “Brexit” (like most TV movies). I also dropped del Toro though because the field is getting more stacked. Jerome is getting raves EVERYWHERE; I have seen so many actors praising him now that I don’t see how he misses if WTSU explodes. He isn’t too well known, and that will hurt him a lot, but sometimes you just need that breakthrough. This is a career-defining performance, and I don’t think anyone cares whether he’s in lead or supporting. I might put either Cumberbatch or del Toro back in though. I also took out Hopkins – another risky move – because his name didn’t get him in last year for “Westworld,” a performance for which he receive a Drama Actor nod the year before, and for a show that nearly became the nominations leader once again. I feel like last year’s wins may have turned the tide here; we were all used to repeat winners, name-checks, and so on, and while we still got some of them (Regina King says hi – not to discredit her performance), we also had winners like Darren Criss, Bill Hader, Thandie Newton, Claire Foy, and Matthew Rhys.

That said, passion didn’t help Laura Dern & Kyle Maclachlan get in for Twin Peaks, Cody Fern for Versace, Hartley & Moore for TIU – so my line of thought could completely mess up my predictions. Sometimes you just have to read the temperature in the room to see who to slot in and who to leave it.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Who’s winning Mini Actor. There’s no buzz for True Detective, Fosse/Verdon has gotten mediocre reviews, AVES has been forgotten

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

He is getting nominated!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByO7qRaBDHw/

And so is she
    https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQflHRhdRT/

Profile picture
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Topics:

Oprah is an executive producer so it’s not surprising for her to support the cast. I do think both are getting nominated but I do wish Nash was going supporting cause she’d be locked.

Profile picture
    leothescorpio
    Topics:

If voters watched the buzzy Part 4 of WTSU for Jerome there is no way Nash doesn’t get nominated. She was exceptional and has a great redemptive arc.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I can’t at some “experts”/editors still having Escape at Danemora winning and some not even having Chernobyl/When They See Us nominated. Wake up!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

don’t see how he misses if WTSU explodes.

If being the key word….

The fact that the acting standout is a no-name who is borderline supporting and doesn’t get a showcase until the final episode is enough to keep him out for me at this point.

I have WTSU getting into series but don’t have it down for any acting.

At least from where I am standing, Chernobyl has been the hot property sucking up all the air in the past few weeks, not WTSU.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by jacob121.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by jacob121.
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

If being the key word…. The fact that the acting standout is a no-name who is borderline supporting and doesn’t get a showcase until the final episode is enough to keep him out for me at this point. I have WTSU getting into series but don’t have it down for any acting. At least from where I am standing, Chernobyl has been the hot property sucking up all the air in the past few weeks, not WTSU.

Not even Vera Farmiga?! I’ve heard she’s amazing in episode 2 and she’s almost lock for a nomination. The only complain I’ve heard about her chances is the fact that she only got nominated for the first season of Bates Motel and was snubbed for the other four. But regarding her in WTSU, I’ve only heard exceptional things.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I have WTSU getting multiple acting nominations but no wins either. And Vera Farmiga was great but that’s it, not amazing.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Not even Vera Farmiga?! I’ve heard she’s amazing in episode 2 and she’s almost lock for a nomination. The only complain I’ve heard about her chances is the fact that she only got nominated for the first season of Bates Motel and was snubbed for the other four. But regarding her in WTSU, I’ve only heard exceptional things.

I will know more once I check it out – haven’t had the time yet, but I have not seen any outstanding praise for her come across my desk as of yet. She is also not included in the bulk of promotional materials – if I weren’t involved in predictions I would have no idea she was it it tbh. It’s definitely possible but I feel pretty solid about my lineup right now. I would be more inclined to predict Nash here if she were going supporting.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Honestly, what it comes down to is IF voters watch When They See Us in time. If they do, they’ll love it… and if they love it, at the very least they will name-check the following actors for nominations:

Niecy Nash
    Vera Farmiga
    John Leguizamo
    Michael K. Williams

Jharrel Jerome deserves a nomination, but because voters might not know who he is yet, he might not get into the very competitive Lead Actor category (Even if he should be in the conversation for the win!). …similar to how Cody Fern couldn’t get nominated last year for Versace, even though the less-deserving, but bigger names from the project (Ricky Martin, Finn Wittrock) could.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.