Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley Chow
Eden
  • akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve suddenly become stuck on Lead Actor with Harris and Jerome breaking out. I really think both will make it. Their performances are acclaimed along with their shows (and it helps that they came out right before Emmy voting). Mahershala’s a lock and I think McShane should be okay as a previous Emmy nominee in this role and for also being a late-breaking show in the frontrunner for TV Movie. That leaves me with Rockwell, Del Toro, and Grant with only two slots. Rockwell’s show didn’t have the ratings or reviews and he was overshadowed by Williams, Del Toro missed both SAG and Globes, and with Grant I think AVES will underperform. I’m leaning towards a Del Toro snub though just because he’s missed everywhere (even though I think Dannemora is the strongest of those three shows…I’ll probably be switching back and forth between those three till nominations day.)

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve suddenly become stuck on Lead Actor with Harris and Jerome breaking out. I really think both will make it. Their performances are acclaimed along with their shows (and it helps that they came out right before Emmy voting). Mahershala’s a lock and I think McShane should be okay as a previous Emmy nominee in this role and for also being a late-breaking show in the frontrunner for TV Movie. That leaves me with Rockwell, Del Toro, and Grant with only two slots. Rockwell’s show didn’t have the ratings or reviews and he was overshadowed by Williams, Del Toro missed both SAG and Globes, and with Grant I think AVES will underperform. I’m leaning towards a Del Toro snub though just because he’s missed everywhere (even though I think Dannemora is the strongest of those three shows…I’ll probably be switching back and forth between those three till nominations day.)

I think that Ali is easily the frontrunner to take home the Emmy, but Jerome and Harris could give him a run for his money.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

With Ali, many think he’s winning purely because he’s a two-time Oscar winner, but he actually has the performance as well. The best of his career in fact. If voters watched True Detective he has a very high chance of winning regardless of his late competition from Harris and Jerome.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

With Ali, many think he’s winning purely because he’s a two-time Oscar winner, but he actually has the performance as well. The best of his career in fact. If voters watched True Detective he has a very high chance of winning regardless of his late competition from Harris and Jerome.

Seriously. I think the quality of his performance is getting lost in the discussion here because True Detective does not appeal to the current crop of frequent posters on the forum.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

The Hot Zone is now NatGeo’s most watched scripted series of all time. News like that should make me want to put it into series (I already have it in Actress), but the basic-ness of the series and the comparisons to Chernobyl are preventing me.

Participant
    Topics:

Seriously. I think the quality of his performance is getting lost in the discussion here because True Detective does not appeal to the current crop of frequent posters on the forum.

Ali did give a career-best performance in True Detective, but maybe Harris and Jerome could run the wave of their shows to victory.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Ali gave a career-best turn, but Jerome feels like an undeniable frontrunner along with Harris thanks to Chernobyl becoming iconic in a short amount of time. I think Jerome has the edge though, just because I think he’ll have the most passion of the three.

I LOVE this year’s Limited Series, Actor & Actress races. Certainly makes up for the M-E-S-S that was last year.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Ali gave a career-best turn, but Jerome feels like an undeniable frontrunner along with Harris thanks to Chernobyl becoming iconic in a short amount of time. I think Jerome has the edge though, just because I think he’ll have the most passion of the three.

I LOVE this year’s Limited Series, Actor & Actress races. Certainly makes up for the M-E-S-S that was last year.

Jerome has to secure the nomination first to be considered an undeniable frontrunner.

Participant
    Topics:

Jerome has to secure the nomination first to be considered an undeniable frontrunner.

I personally think that Ali is the undeniable frontrunner right now, but that could change after the nominations come out.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

It was just last year that Al Pacino was snubbed for a what could have been an Emmy-winning performance five years ago. They literally nominated John Legend instead. Therefore, even Jonah Hill, Peter Dinklage, and Jeffrey Wright stand a chance this time. Finally, are we sure that majority of the voters had seen the first three seasons of Deadwood to nominate it beyond TV Movie? That’s why I believe Twin Peaks failed last year.

Anonymous
    Topics:

It was just last year that Al Pacino was snubbed for a what could have been an Emmy-winning performance five years ago. They literally nominated John Legend instead. Therefore, even Jonah Hill, Peter Dinklage, and Jeffrey Wright stand a chance this time. Finally, are we sure that majority of the voters had seen the first three seasons of Deadwood to nominate it beyond TV Movie? That’s why I believe Twin Peaks failed last year.

I think Twin Peaks was snubbed also because it was like 16 episodes (?), it was really not a miniseries lol.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t Jerome too…young to be considered for a win? Isn’t he like 20? My comment might sound dumb, but isn’t it really rare for young actors to win? (especially men?)

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t Jerome too…young to be considered for a win? Isn’t he like 20? My comment might sound dumb, but isn’t it really rare for young actors to win? (especially men?)

That used to be more of an issue, but Riz Ahmed and Darren Criss winning two years in a row helps things.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

That used to be more of an issue, but Riz Ahmed and Darren Criss winning two years in a row helps things.

Yeah but both won in their 30s, not early 20s…

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

the fact that Eliza scannen is not the frontrunner while She had a superior performance to the current front runner Patricia clarkson, and She maybe Will not be nominated, is ridiculous

Finally somebody said it!!! Eliza was SO AMAZING in the show. She should definitely be the one up there with Arquette.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.