Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Hot Zone is now NatGeo’s most watched scripted series of all time. News like that should make me want to put it into series (I already have it in Actress), but the basic-ness of the series and the comparisons to Chernobyl are preventing me.

The basic-ness is exactly why I have had it in my predictions since March.

Escape won at Directors Guild of America Awards but it wasn’t even nominated at Writers Guild of America Awards, so maybe there isn’t that much passion around it?

It came out after voting opened, just like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Master of None, which were both snubbed accordingly, then won the writing Emmy.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine thinking Ali is coming anywhere near that Lead Actor Emmy, lol. He’ll get the nomination because he is a recent Oscar winner but he’ll rank close to last among the nominees for sure. For one, no one cares about True Detective’s latest season. Then, there is a high chance he will end up as the lone nominee from the show, which will further prove the lack of a fuck people give about TD. I’d say Jared Harris is easily the frontrunner right now, due both Chernobyl’s huge success and popularity, and him missing out on that The Crown nomination. He is a due veteran, leading the limited series frontrunner, pretty much a Richard Jenkins situation.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, she deserves a Critics Choice nomination at best. Y’all probably got so excited she came out of nowhere acting solidly and think she gave some awards sweeping performance of sorts. I’ll admit nonetheless that she is one of the better in this race given how this category lacks solid contenders.

Can you do us all a favor and stop calling people that? Forget the fact that it is condescending, it is very annoying too.

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

This category is beyond stacked… If it were up to me, these would be the nominees:
    1. A Very British Scandal
    2. Fosse/Verdon
    3. When They See Us
    4. Chernobyl
    5. I Am the Night
    6. The Hot Zone

But this is what I think it will actually be…
    1. Fosse/Verdon
    2. Escape at Dannemora
    3. Catch 22
    4. A Very British Scandal
    5. When They See Us
    6. Chernobyl

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

There are only five slots.  A tie five years ago resulted in a sixth nominee then though.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say Jared Harris is easily the frontrunner right now, due both Chernobyl’s huge success and popularity, and him missing out on that The Crown nomination.

I really really hope so. I just finished the last episode and Harris was outstanding. He would be so deserving, as would Skarsgard tbh. I am also rooting for Chernobyl to win Series.

Also, watch out for Jessie Buckley and Barry Keoghan in the future. They won’t get nominated this year sadly, but their time will come I am sure.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Can you do us all a favor and stop calling people that? Forget the fact that it is condescending, it is very annoying too.

I think it got picked up from Gucci. It’s one of his or her trademarks.

Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Limited Series/TV Movie Predictions’ is closed to new replies.