Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 469 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I loved GOT until S3, I had already read all 5 novels before. It went downhill from there with season 6 being an exception. And I never loved the performances. I mean, the supporting actors are amazing, but the main cast not so much. Peter Dinklage is extremely overrated and one-note, he’s sooo contrived in dramatic scenes. A good actor, but not a great one. The same applies to Lena Headey to a certain extent but at least she has a much better material to work with, while Dinklage’s character arc after season 4 sucks. They’re both good actors, but not outstanding imo. Nikolaj is the best Lannister sibling, but he’s the most underdeveloped at the same time because his character is Cersei’s puppet most of the time, let’s be real. Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke aren’t good actors. His character is extremely bland and he doesn’t elevate the material. Her character is nice but the way the writers handle it doesn’t help. Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams are miles better than Kit and Emilia, and I say that as someone that can’t stand Maisie’s character. Still their performances are very believable and natural even when the writing sucks. The best performances in the show, IMO: Theon, Tywin, Ramsay, Stannis, Olenna, Margaery, Melisandre, Brienne, Jorah, The Hound, etc. I understand why and how they’ve been overlooked since everyone is considered “supporting cast”, but I still think it’s unfair how only Peter Dinklage keeps receiving awards for a role that stopped being interesting in season 5. Specially when he’s far from being the best actor on the show. He deserved an Emmy for S2, IMO, but that’s it.

First of all I love the totallies spies.. I’ve recognized Alex and Clover… this is my childhood…

I agree with you… thank you because it’s like everybody here think these actors are the greatest ever… It’s a shame they won’t admit that the material and the show help, but they’re not great ones…

And I agree that Maisie and Sophie are better than Kit who is just bland as you said… anyway I always agreed with Marina.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t understand how Iwan Rheon never got any attention for his performance. He easily deserved several nods. His character is a bit one-note, but Rheon did a good job of showing that Ramsay is just a horrible person. I guess he isn’t the winking devil that voters love, you truly did loathe him. He’s not like Ann Dowd on Handmaid’s, where you have a blast whenever she’s onscreen, despite her evilness.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

First of all I love the totallies spies.. I’ve recognized Alex and Clover… this is my childhood… I agree with you… thank you because it’s like everybody here think these actors are the greatest ever… It’s a shame they won’t admit that the material and the show help, but they’re not great ones… And I agree that Maisie and Sophie are better than Kit who is just bland as you said… anyway I always agreed with Marina.

Hahaha I watch this cartoon to this day, love it too

GOT has lots of amazing actors but they don’t have enough screentime or development, unfortunately. Even the very few award-worthy performances in the main cast(Dinklage’s S2, S4) are more about the material being good than the acting performance itself. He’ll never be comparable to Sean Bean or Michelle Fairley perfect performances as Ned and Catelyn and they didn’t even need a funny, witty, know-it-all character. In any scene which Tyrion has to cry, shout or whatever, Dinklage’s performance is weak(breaking up with Shae) or a display of overacting(4×06 ending scene). He just doesn’t convince me as a dramatic actor. Sorry, fans.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t understand how Iwan Rheon never got any attention for his performance. He easily deserved several nods.

They never submitted him or most other cast members.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand how Iwan Rheon never got any attention for his performance. He easily deserved several nods. His character is a bit one-note, but Rheon did a good job of showing that Ramsay is just a horrible person. I guess he isn’t the winking devil that voters love, you truly did loathe him. He’s not like Ann Dowd on Handmaid’s, where you have a blast whenever she’s onscreen, despite her evilness.

Probably because the voters only vote for the “main” characters. That’s what they’ve done so far, so maybe they’ve decided to do that on purpose since there’s no main actor/actress submission. And the “fan-favorite” aspect also is considered because they’ve nominated Maisie, but not Sophie and for S6, that didn’t make any sense. Turner had a much better material.

Anonymous
    Topics:

The man playing Tywin and the Stark Mother deserves nominations for their final seasons… Natalie Dormer was also good throughout her seasons, but not Emmy worthy… let’s not forget it is like 5 slots only per category.

Marina is right when he/she says, it’s about the material not the performance itself… which helped Emilia to be nominated …

Anna Gunn in Breaking Bad had little material but she elevated it to a level that deserved acclaim, it’s not like Skyler was really well developed …

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

It kinda sucks when you’re on a show for so long most of the time you end up not getting good roles after I can name like 20 actors who deserved to have better careers after their shows ended.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really connected but HBO announced September 25th 2020 airdate for The Sopranos prequel movie

https://www.thewrap.com/sopranos-prequel-movie-everything-we-know-so-far-about-newark/

Is it just me or they are not really aiming for Emmys hype for this one.. Seems like awful strategy, unless i’m missing something. And I wouldn’t count on the Golden Globes as well. they are mostly shite

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really connected but HBO announced September 25th 2020 airdate for The Sopranos prequel movie https://www.thewrap.com/sopranos-prequel-movie-everything-we-know-so-far-about-newark/ Is it just me or they are not really aiming for Emmys hype for this one.. Seems like awful strategy, unless i’m missing something. And I wouldn’t count on the Golden Globes as well. they are mostly shite

I don’t think it will be eligible for Emmys, it’s having a theatrical release.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it will be eligible for Emmys, it’s having a theatrical release.

Really?? That’s amazing! About time for HBO to enter the field as well

Anonymous
    Topics:

It kinda sucks when you’re on a show for so long most of the time you end up not getting good roles after I can name like 20 actors who deserved to have better careers after their shows ended.

It’s even harder when you’re an actor/actress of a certain age…

Blake Lively is doing good, Melissa McCarthy just received her second Oscar nomination, Bryan Cranston also got nominated for an Oscar after BrBa, other actors can find another successful TV show…

Sarah Paulson is very prolific in TV, this is a good strategy for her…

Michelle Williams unlike Katie Holmes reinvented herself after Dawson and she’s now a 4 time Academy Awards nominee… The girl that play SuperGirl  and the one playing Flash were supporting in Glee, Darren Criss just won an Emmy, but I don’t think he will have another chance lol…

Anonymous
    Topics:

Luca Giliberti is so delusional.

No offense but HTGAWM is pure trash… this kind of show can’t keep the track after 3 seasons… Viola Davis received such backlash after this category fraud thing than ppl don’t want to ear about her…

I find it annoying the fact that he’s constantly trying to shove this trash of a show in our throats…

Anonymous
    Topics:

Stanning (I guess sort-of FYC) post following (not that anyone cares):

Anonymous
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson is very prolific in TV, this is a good strategy for her…

No. Steve McQueen wasn’t wrong when he dubbed Ms. Paulson ‘The Bette Davis of America’ —

One almost wishes Lupita hadn’t that line about not being clean, so Sarah could have rightly gotten her Oscar nomination for ‘12 Years A Slave’.

One surely wishes Rooney Mara hadn’t gone supporting (one of the most ridiculous and tragic category frauds in Oscar history —Yes, compared to Ms. Mara’s, Viola’s is almost bearable) so dear Sarah could have rightly gotten her Oscar nomination yet again.

Her supporting turn in ‘The Post’ is also very deserving of some sort of recognition but anyway.

I just hope The Goldfinch is a massive success so she can finally receive the elusive Oscar nomination and even the win. But haven’t we learned from the past? I’m 150% certain the studio will push hard for Kidman in supporting instead of talented Sarah.

I hate when people only know her as a Ryan Murphy heroine/lesbian thecond banana… Such a wonderful actress and surely the Bette Davis of our time. My darling. Plain and simple.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Not really connected but HBO announced September 25th 2020 airdate for The Sopranos prequel movie

https://www.thewrap.com/sopranos-prequel-movie-everything-we-know-so-far-about-newark/

Is it just me or they are not really aiming for Emmys hype for this one.. Seems like awful strategy, unless i’m missing something. And I wouldn’t count on the Golden Globes as well. they are mostly shite

If among the Oscar contenders for Best Picture ended being The Irishman, The Laundromat, Downton Abbey and The Sopranos then TV and Streaming would have defeated Cinema.

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 469 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.