Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 469 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, wow. Wow. Netflix is missing a huge opportunity. Sandra Oh and Julia Garner have their Emmys in the BAG now.

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

I am a Olivia Colman stan, but I am actually glad THE CROWN is not gonna eligible this year.

Congratulations Emmy Winner Sandra Oh!

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

And a depleted drama field takes another hit….

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

I was stumped coming up with six for Drama Supporting Actress even with Helena Bonham Carter. These Drama nominations are either gonna be super inspiring or just a complete mess.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Something that I told you two months ago was finally confirmed. No one wants to compite versus GoT.

Now GoT is going to have all seven leads nominated with certainty, so now the other six of them can watch live how Dinklage wins his fourth Emmy hahahahaha. I will never understand what they see in him after season 4. I am glad that so many people finally supported me in that, I still laugh when I remember how some users were defending his tape last year.

And I am still convinced that Sandra Oh is not going to win unless Killing Eve 2 is good.

We will finally know if voters really hate Mandy Moore.

Like I said earlier, the industry did not responded well to the new dramas, I am pretty sure that Homeland would have gotten back to Series if they have had a new season with the quality of the last one. A crazy amount of nominations is coming for This is us, Better Call Saul and Ozark. Now that Netflix has only Ozark as a certain show that voters have watched and embraced, they can submit the last season of Orange is the new black alongside the penultimate season from last year and use the finale, but it seems that they do not care about it at all.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

The best possible news for Lena Headey and Sandra Oh. Shame on their showrunners if they didn’t give them the goodz this season. The Emmy is FINALLY there for their taking.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Kord Dkt is exaggerating about the actors of GoT, especially about Clarke (it is obvios that people like to hate on her, because she is the most richer, beautiful and famous from the entire cast, but she has always been great, she also often speaks in invented languages and she is always believable, her issue is the lack of enough screen time), Williams and Turner, but he is right about people here being really delusional about that cast..

-People here claiming that Natalie Dormer was snubbed for her cameos… She has the same amount of screen time per episode as your favorite Kelly Jenrette in her guest episodes in THT.

-People defending the wins of Dinklage (besides the first win which was deserved)… Aaron Paul was better than him every year in his strong seasons, he did not deserved the last two wins at all. His last two wins and Viola Davis win are the only weak wins in the drama field in the last 15 years IMO.

-People claiming that Headey was robbed from Uzo Aduba, Maggie Smith or Thandie Newton is nonsense, all three of them have been a vastly superior winners with much more material and harder roles. Yes, Smith role has been more or less the same, but this is believable for a woman of her age and she has had very different story lines regardless, she is such a good actress that she made it seem easy, but if you watch her interviews in real life you can see that she is nothing like Violet.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to get worried that if an Oscar winner like Sissy Spacek gets nominated she may win being a name check in a field of unknowns.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, now the victory of Lena Headey is guaranteed. I can’t imagine her losing to anyone else this year.

With the departure of The Crown, now I can imagine the entire main cast of Game of Thrones being nominated: Dinklage, Headey, Coster-Waldau, Harington, Clarke, Williams and Turner. I would never dare to make such a risky bet in the past, but with the absence of so many strong candidates (The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Homeland), the love that the voters have for the series and the hype of the final season …

I hope that Rhea Seehorn will benefit from Bonham Carter’s absence. This seems to be her best chance to be nominated.

My God, the Emmy 2020 Drama will be a very interesting mess …

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

This is where I hope and pray that Liza Weil from How To Get Away With Murder gets the nomination in Supporting Actress that she richly deserves.

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey could lose to 2 people. Julie Garner could be the “Ozark” award. Or Sissy Spacek just wins a SHE’S AN OSCAR WINNER name check award.

I have a hard time seeing anyone other than these 3 winning. Williams and Turner are not gonna be the GOT winner. Metz is a no. Her co star is someone I’ve never heard of. They have shown no love to Better Call Saul so I don’t see Seehorn.

I don’t even want to think of Uzo Aduba getting back in. Ugh it could be Maggie Smith 2016 all over again. Just when you think she’s gone.

Headey has no no desire to campaign. She sometimes never even attends the Emmys or Globes. Her people and this site will have to get out the word SHE’S NEVER WON before. It will help if the performance speaks for itself. Because this last season will be THE TV EVENT of the season.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Andrea.

Mark A Bowers
    Participant
    Topics:

With no Olivia Coleman In Lead Actress, to ignore Christine Biranski in THE GOOD FIGHT would be a huge mistake. For her to not have an Emmy Award after 10 years of portraying Diane Lockhart to utter perfection is a glaring error that needs to be recognized and remedied!

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner’s obviously in the running, but she’s no lock. The industry is really responding to Ozark in season two, but she and Linney were both still snubbed in season one. There were seven nominees last year and Garner still couldn’t make it in. The SAG nomination is certainly promising, but it didn’t help Marc Maron in GLOW last year. Garner’s still my second choice, but she’s not the run away favorite.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Lena Headey is doing a great work in Got but, if Sarah Paulson can’t win for AHS, so Lena can perfectly stay Emmy-less for Got.

Sarah is the face of AHS, she owned Asylum, and was particularly outstanding in Freak Show… if she couldn’t win for those seasons, Lena should never win, for serving the same thing over and over again… I love her tho!

Christina Hendricks went 0-7 for MadMen… she was really good on the show… Frances Conroy is a far better actress than Lena and she really tried with 6 Feet Under and AHS, so why should Lena  absolutely win?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 469 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.