Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 469 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Riley
Eden
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

So your argument is that no overdue actress should win, even if they give the best performance in the category in the biggest show of the year, just because other actresses have been snubbed in the past?

No Jan… I’m saying that if more deserving actresses are nominated, I don’t see why they should automatically lose against Lena just because she’s in the biggest show of the year…

2013 : Anna Gunn had the best submission possible.

2014 : Anna Gunn wasn’t losing for Ozymandias.. ( check her performance  in that Episode)

2015 : I agree her submission (Mother’s mercy) was strong. The easiest year for her to prevail, had she not use a doublure for that naked walk, she might have won. But even that, Christine Baranski was still better than Lena Headey in TGW.

2016 : She had a good submission, but Maggie Smith stays the better actress even in the weakest DA season… so she lost fairly, nothing to complain about.

Btw I’m sure your gay hormones were agitated when she blew up the Septum with Margarey inside.

2017 : no Got.

2018 : in this type of year she has no chance of winning for that role, no matter the  performance.

If not Thandie, Ann Dowd was still better, if not Ann, Yvonne was particularly and surprisingly better than Lena, if not Yvonne Alexis maybe… Millie was undeserving… I don’t  know about the girl from TC.

Thandie-Ann-Yvonne- then Lena. You see Jan, she wasn’t even in the top 3 lol… besides her performance looked like a broken record.

I want her to win tho. Maybe she will a la Sarah Paulson or Elizabeth Moss.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Julia Garner isn’t winning wtf. She’ll barely manage to get nominated. Ignore SAG. No one knows her and she’s 24. They’re not gonna vote for a 24-year-old to win the Emmy. Lena is winning as of now, unless a veteran comes through out of nowhere.

celine17
    Participant
    Topics:

Katherine Heigl won at 29 in 2007. It’s possible for young people to win.

But that was when Knocked Up came out and let’s be honest, that win didn’t age too well.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Sure, that’s not my main argument though. My girl Julia is good, don’t get me wrong, she deserves to get nominated and win, she is simply outstanding, she deserves a sweep, but it’s just not happening. The only way she wins is if both Williams and Turner get nommed along with Headey and Metz and Watson (TIU) vacate the other 2 spots, everyone vote-splits and Julia wins from votes of all the people who don’t care for GoT and TIU. She’d definitely get this type of votes. But even then I believe in Headey.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Not all young people have a ratings hit like Grey’s Anatomy to back up their performance and definitely not Garner.

Anonymous
    Topics:

What has Headey done to earn this kind of confidence? If she couldn’t beat Smith, who wasn’t even strong enough to get nominated the year before, or Aduba, when Orange is the New Black had only 4 nominations, why would she win now?

Smith was a veteran on a role for which she had already won 2 Emmys in the past for, so she wasn’t unfamiliar, and she was also on her final season and the only major category farewell award for DA. Headey vote-splitted with Clarke and Williams. Let’s be honest. All 3 were outstanding in S6, they all had their supporters. The Aduba situation is indeed confusing. I guess she maintained the buzz from her previous year’s Emmy win?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Fair, but Heigel beat Chandra Wilson and Sandra Oh, despite both of them being older actresses from the same show.

I think Knocked Up definitely had something to do with it as said above, they also probably thought they were going to get another chance to reward the others since they probably weren’t going to be able to reward Heigl later, and, not to sound like a SJW, but Uzo, Archie, and Thandie are also the only women of color to win in the category this century (all in this decade) out of how many nominees, so racism might have also had something to do with it.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw I’m sure your gay hormones were agitated when she blew up the Septum with Margarey inside.

Honey, I’m gonna have to ask AGAIN to not use sexuality as a justification for something you dislike, it sound ridiculous and homophobic, so stop hating yourself because you are a bigger homosexual than all of us together.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Honey, I’m gonna have to ask AGAIN to not use sexuality as a justification for something you dislike, it sound ridiculous and homophobic, so stop hating yourself because you are a bigger homosexual than all of us together.

Sure Jan…

Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m not insulting on anybody’s sexuality. I apologize if I did offend anyone.

But O’hara, I’m no gay lol …

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’d be fine just skipping the drama categories this year, honestly. These shows all made a grave mistake backing out because of GOT. Will this be the first time that most of 2020’s nominees will have aired before the end of 2019?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I guess I really have to add Jodie Comer now to lead actress… Colman could have won this year. She’ll have A LOT of competition next year, I wonder if Netflix realizes that.</p>
    Also, Ozark should enjoy its moment in the spotlight, because that’ll end next year.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Colman might lose next year, but she should win for Season 4 once Big Little Lies is out of the way.

Lol, Big Little Lies is getting no more Emmys. Colman is winning.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Colman might lose next year, but she should win for Season 4 once Big Little Lies is out of the way. As for Ozark, I think it will stick around next year. Right now, I’d predict Ozark in 5th for 2020 after Big Little Lies, The Crown, Better Call Saul, and Killing Eve unless if we get a breakout show next year.

Don’t forget Handmaid’s

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I will lose my mind of Sissy Spacek wins for sitting on a couch (I’ve only seen 6 episodes so far). I just can’t put in Susan Kalechi Watson; I really, really want to put her in, but if they snubbed Metz last year, why should Watson make it this year? I don’t think voters are watching TIU.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 469 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.