Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Riley
  • lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Something that I told you two months ago was finally confirmed. No one wants to compite versus GoT. Now GoT is going to have all seven leads nominated with certainty, so now the other six of them can watch live how Dinklage wins his fourth Emmy hahahahaha. I will never understand what they see in him after season 4. I am glad that so many people finally supported me in that, I still laugh when I remember how some users were defending his tape last year. And I am still convinced that Sandra Oh is not going to win unless Killing Eve 2 is good. We will finally know if voters really hate Mandy Moore. Like I said earlier, the industry did not responded well to the new dramas, I am pretty sure that Homeland would have gotten back to Series if they have had a new season with the quality of the last one. A crazy amount of nominations is coming for This is us, Better Call Saul and Ozark. Now that Netflix has only Ozark as a certain show that voters have watched and embraced, they can submit the last season of Orange is the new black alongside the penultimate season from last year and use the finale, but it seems that they do not care about it at all.

I don’t get why there aren’t any shows going up against Game of Thrones. As you said, Homeland could easily be nominated in this field. If The Crown was nominated, it would probably win Actress and Supporting Actress. If Stranger Things was in contention this year, I wouldn’t be shocked if Millie Bobby Brown won, and Winona Ryder could easily get nominated. And The Handmaid’s Tale could easily get the same nominations tally it got last year. Sure, they wouldn’t beat Game of Thrones, but Homeland, Stranger Things, and The Handmaid’s Tale aren’t ever going to win Drama Series again anyways, and The Crown using its much stronger material that it has in Season 4 (Princess Diana and Margaret Thatcher) to win after Game of Thrones would make it much easier for it.

The best possible news for Lena Headey and Sandra Oh. Shame on their showrunners if they didn’t give them the goodz this season. The Emmy is FINALLY there for their taking.

Lena Headey will still lose. If she couldn’t beat Uzo Aduba when Orange is the New Black had 4 nominations or Maggie Smith trying to get a third Emmy for a role she hadn’t won for in years, she won’t beat Julia Garner now.

Kord Dkt is exaggerating about the actors of GoT, especially about Clarke (it is obvios that people like to hate on her, because she is the most richer, beautiful and famous from the entire cast, but she has always been great, she also often speaks in invented languages and she is always believable, her issue is the lack of enough screen time), Williams and Turner, but he is right about people here being really delusional about that cast.. -People here claiming that Natalie Dormer was snubbed for her cameos… She has the same amount of screen time per episode as your favorite Kelly Jenrette in her guest episodes in THT. -People defending the wins of Dinklage (besides the first win which was deserved)… Aaron Paul was better than him every year in his strong seasons, he did not deserved the last two wins at all. His last two wins and Viola Davis win are the only weak wins in the drama field in the last 15 years IMO. -People claiming that Headey was robbed from Uzo Aduba, Maggie Smith or Thandie Newton is nonsense, all three of them have been a vastly superior winners with much more material and harder roles. Yes, Smith role has been more or less the same, but this is believable for a woman of her age and she has had very different story lines regardless, she is such a good actress that she made it seem easy, but if you watch her interviews in real life you can see that she is nothing like Violet.

I agree that Dormer is barely in some seasons, but she actually was in Season 3 quite a lot. And there are cast members other than Headey, Clarke (who is comparatively weaker than most of the rest of the cast), Williams, Dinklage, and Turner who have deserved nominations and wins, Coster-Waldau has been criminally overlooked and should have at the very least been nominated over Dinklage for Season 3. Dance should have gotten in at least for the first season, which he would have been a way better Guest Actor winner for than the actual winner, and he probably should have been nominated for Season 4. Pedro Pascal should have been nominated and won for Season 4. And I’d argue that Alfie Allen deserved a nomination for Season 2 far more than some of the nominees in 2012.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I am starting to get worried that if an Oscar winner like Sissy Spacek gets nominated she may win being a name check in a field of unknowns.

I doubt it. We know they’ve at least watched Ozark, so Garner will probably take this.

Well, now the victory of Lena Headey is guaranteed. I can’t imagine her losing to anyone else this year. With the departure of The Crown, now I can imagine the entire main cast of Game of Thrones being nominated: Dinklage, Headey, Coster-Waldau, Harington, Clarke, Williams and Turner. I would never dare to make such a risky bet in the past, but with the absence of so many strong candidates (The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Stranger Things, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Homeland), the love that the voters have for the series and the hype of the final season … I hope that Rhea Seehorn will benefit from Bonham Carter’s absence. This seems to be her best chance to be nominated. My God, the Emmy 2020 Drama will be a very interesting mess …

I hope that you’re right, but if they really cared about Headey, why didn’t she beat Aduba, Smith, or Newton when she was nominated and Game of Thrones won Drama Series?

I really hope that if Seasons 3 of Westworld and Stranger Things are as weak as their second seasons were, they’ll miss out in 2020. I also really doubt that This Is Us will be able to survive 2020 (it’s only getting in now because there aren’t other options).

montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey could lose to 2 people. Julie Garner could be the “Ozark” award. Or Sissy Spacek just wins a SHE’S AN OSCAR WINNER name check award.

I have a hard time seeing anyone other than these 3 winning. Williams and Turner are not gonna be the GOT winner. Metz is a no. Her co star is someone I’ve never heard of. They have shown no love to Better Call Saul so I don’t see Seehorn.

I don’t even want to think of Uzo Aduba getting back in. Ugh it could be Maggie Smith 2016 all over again. Just when you think she’s gone.

Headey has no no desire to campaign. She sometimes never even attends the Emmys or Globes. Her people and this site will have to get out the word SHE’S NEVER WON before. It will help if the performance speaks for itself. Because this last season will be THE TV EVENT of the season.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Andrea.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Amy Adams, Sharp Objects

Mark A Bowers
    Participant
    Topics:

With no Olivia Coleman In Lead Actress, to ignore Christine Biranski in THE GOOD FIGHT would be a huge mistake. For her to not have an Emmy Award after 10 years of portraying Diane Lockhart to utter perfection is a glaring error that needs to be recognized and remedied!

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner’s obviously in the running, but she’s no lock. The industry is really responding to Ozark in season two, but she and Linney were both still snubbed in season one. There were seven nominees last year and Garner still couldn’t make it in. The SAG nomination is certainly promising, but it didn’t help Marc Maron in GLOW last year. Garner’s still my second choice, but she’s not the run away favorite.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Can someone please explain to me why Succession is doing so poorly in the predictions? With its DGA win, a WGA nomination in the main category in addition to a nomination for being a new series, a Critics Choice nomination, and a strong studio, shouldn’t it be ahead of Pose, which only has a Golden Globe nomination and a Critics Choice nomination and has a terrible studio backing it, and Homecoming, which only has a Golden Globe nomination and a Critics Choice nomination, has lost all of its buzz, and is losing both its star and the main person behind it for its second season?

Anonymous
    Topics:

Lena Headey is doing a great work in Got but, if Sarah Paulson can’t win for AHS, so Lena can perfectly stay Emmy-less for Got.

Sarah is the face of AHS, she owned Asylum, and was particularly outstanding in Freak Show… if she couldn’t win for those seasons, Lena should never win, for serving the same thing over and over again… I love her tho!

Christina Hendricks went 0-7 for MadMen… she was really good on the show… Frances Conroy is a far better actress than Lena and she really tried with 6 Feet Under and AHS, so why should Lena  absolutely win?

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena Headey is doing a great work in Got but, if Sarah Paulson can’t win for AHS, so Lena can perfectly stay Emmy-less for Got. Sarah is the face of AHS, she owned Asylum, and was particularly outstanding in Freak Show… if she couldn’t win for those seasons, Lena should never win, for serving the same thing over and over again… I love her tho! Christina Hendricks went 0-7 for MadMen… she was really good on the show… Frances Conroy is a far better actress than Lena and she really tried with 6 Feet Under and AHS, so why should Lena absolutely win?

So your argument is that no overdue actress should win, even if they give the best performance in the category in the biggest show of the year, just because other actresses have been snubbed in the past?

Anonymous
    Topics:

So your argument is that no overdue actress should win, even if they give the best performance in the category in the biggest show of the year, just because other actresses have been snubbed in the past?

No Jan… I’m saying that if more deserving actresses are nominated, I don’t see why they should automatically lose against Lena just because she’s in the biggest show of the year…

2013 : Anna Gunn had the best submission possible.

2014 : Anna Gunn wasn’t losing for Ozymandias.. ( check her performance  in that Episode)

2015 : I agree her submission (Mother’s mercy) was strong. The easiest year for her to prevail, had she not use a doublure for that naked walk, she might have won. But even that, Christine Baranski was still better than Lena Headey in TGW.

2016 : She had a good submission, but Maggie Smith stays the better actress even in the weakest DA season… so she lost fairly, nothing to complain about.

Btw I’m sure your gay hormones were agitated when she blew up the Septum with Margarey inside.

2017 : no Got.

2018 : in this type of year she has no chance of winning for that role, no matter the  performance.

If not Thandie, Ann Dowd was still better, if not Ann, Yvonne was particularly and surprisingly better than Lena, if not Yvonne Alexis maybe… Millie was undeserving… I don’t  know about the girl from TC.

Thandie-Ann-Yvonne- then Lena. You see Jan, she wasn’t even in the top 3 lol… besides her performance looked like a broken record.

I want her to win tho. Maybe she will a la Sarah Paulson or Elizabeth Moss.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner isn’t winning wtf. She’ll barely manage to get nominated. Ignore SAG. No one knows her and she’s 24. They’re not gonna vote for a 24-year-old to win the Emmy. Lena is winning as of now, unless a veteran comes through out of nowhere.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Julia Garner isn’t winning wtf. She’ll barely manage to get nominated. Ignore SAG. No one knows her and she’s 24. They’re not gonna vote for a 24-year-old to win the Emmy. Lena is winning as of now, unless a veteran comes through out of nowhere.

Katherine Heigl won at 29 in 2007. It’s possible for young people to win.

celine17
    Participant
    Topics:

But that was when Knocked Up came out and let’s be honest, that win didn’t age too well.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Sure, that’s not my main argument though. My girl Julia is good, don’t get me wrong, she deserves to get nominated and win, she is simply outstanding, she deserves a sweep, but it’s just not happening. The only way she wins is if both Williams and Turner get nommed along with Headey and Metz and Watson (TIU) vacate the other 2 spots, everyone vote-splits and Julia wins from votes of all the people who don’t care for GoT and TIU. She’d definitely get this type of votes. But even then I believe in Headey.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Not all young people have a ratings hit like Grey’s Anatomy to back up their performance and definitely not Garner.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

But that was when Knocked Up came out and let’s be honest, that win didn’t age too well.

It’s not like Garner beating Headey will age well either.

Sure, that’s not my main argument though. My girl Julia is good, don’t get me wrong, she deserves to get nominated and win, she is simply outstanding, she deserves a sweep, but it’s just not happening. The only way she wins is if both Williams and Turner get nommed along with Headey and Metz and Watson (TIU) vacate the other 2 spots, everyone vote-splits and Julia wins from votes of all the people who don’t care for GoT and TIU. She’d definitely get this type of votes. But even then I believe in Headey.

What has Headey done to earn this kind of confidence? If she couldn’t beat Smith, who wasn’t even strong enough to get nominated the year before, or Aduba, when Orange is the New Black had only 4 nominations, why would she win now?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.