Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Riley
  • lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Not all young people have a ratings hit like Grey’s Anatomy to back up their performance.

Fair, but Heigel beat Chandra Wilson and Sandra Oh, despite both of them being older actresses from the same show.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

What has Headey done to earn this kind of confidence? If she couldn’t beat Smith, who wasn’t even strong enough to get nominated the year before, or Aduba, when Orange is the New Black had only 4 nominations, why would she win now?

Smith was a veteran on a role for which she had already won 2 Emmys in the past for, so she wasn’t unfamiliar, and she was also on her final season and the only major category farewell award for DA. Headey vote-splitted with Clarke and Williams. Let’s be honest. All 3 were outstanding in S6, they all had their supporters. The Aduba situation is indeed confusing. I guess she maintained the buzz from her previous year’s Emmy win?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Fair, but Heigel beat Chandra Wilson and Sandra Oh, despite both of them being older actresses from the same show.

I think Knocked Up definitely had something to do with it as said above, they also probably thought they were going to get another chance to reward the others since they probably weren’t going to be able to reward Heigl later, and, not to sound like a SJW, but Uzo, Archie, and Thandie are also the only women of color to win in the category this century (all in this decade) out of how many nominees, so racism might have also had something to do with it.

DuBoisBlanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Btw I’m sure your gay hormones were agitated when she blew up the Septum with Margarey inside.

Honey, I’m gonna have to ask AGAIN to not use sexuality as a justification for something you dislike, it sound ridiculous and homophobic, so stop hating yourself because you are a bigger homosexual than all of us together.

Kord Dkt
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’m gonna have to ask AGAIN to not use sexuality as a justification for something you dislike, it sound ridiculous and homophobic, so stop hating yourself because you are a bigger homosexual than all of us together.

Sure Jan…

Kord Dkt
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not insulting on anybody’s sexuality. I apologize if I did offend anyone.

But O’hara, I’m no gay lol …

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d be fine just skipping the drama categories this year, honestly. These shows all made a grave mistake backing out because of GOT. Will this be the first time that most of 2020’s nominees will have aired before the end of 2019?

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I guess I really have to add Jodie Comer now to lead actress… Colman could have won this year. She’ll have A LOT of competition next year, I wonder if Netflix realizes that.</p>
    Also, Ozark should enjoy its moment in the spotlight, because that’ll end next year.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I guess I really have to add Jodie Comer now to lead actress… Colman could have won this year. She’ll have A LOT of competition next year, I wonder if Netflix realizes that.</p> Also, Ozark should enjoy its moment in the spotlight, because that’ll end next year.

Colman might lose next year, but she should win for Season 4 once Big Little Lies is out of the way. As for Ozark, I think it will stick around next year. Right now, I’d predict Ozark in 5th for 2020 after Big Little Lies, The Crown, Better Call Saul, and Killing Eve unless if we get a breakout show next year.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Colman might lose next year, but she should win for Season 4 once Big Little Lies is out of the way.

Lol, Big Little Lies is getting no more Emmys. Colman is winning.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, Big Little Lies is getting no more Emmys. Colman is winning.

I think Big Little Lies is winning Drama Series, Drama Actress, and Drama Supporting Actress. It probably can win Drama Directing too. I don’t think The Crown has the buzz to win and won’t until it gets into the juicy territory in the fourth season, and I don’t think the Emmys care enough about Better Call Saul for it to win.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Colman might lose next year, but she should win for Season 4 once Big Little Lies is out of the way. As for Ozark, I think it will stick around next year. Right now, I’d predict Ozark in 5th for 2020 after Big Little Lies, The Crown, Better Call Saul, and Killing Eve unless if we get a breakout show next year.

Don’t forget Handmaid’s

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget Handmaid’s

I’d predict Ozark ahead of The Handmaid’s Tale. It honestly feels like the Emmys are kind of done with The Handmaid’s Tale after it flopped so badly in the wins last time. It can probably stick around for another year (since This Is Us, Westworld, Stranger Things, and whichever 2 of Bodyguard/Succession/Pose/Homecoming make it are probably weaker than it), but I don’t think it’s in as solid of a position as Ozark.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I will lose my mind of Sissy Spacek wins for sitting on a couch (I’ve only seen 6 episodes so far). I just can’t put in Susan Kalechi Watson; I really, really want to put her in, but if they snubbed Metz last year, why should Watson make it this year? I don’t think voters are watching TIU.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

I will lose my mind of Sissy Spacek wins for sitting on a couch (I’ve only seen 6 episodes so far). I just can’t put in Susan Kalechi Watson; I really, really want to put her in, but if they snubbed Metz last year, why should Watson make it this year? I don’t think voters are watching TIU.

Did Metz have a good season last year? I tried watching the first season and gave up, largely because I thought Metz’s entire storyline was terrible and that she was terrible in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.