Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
lacourseauxet..
Riley
  • moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

With news of “The Crown” being out, I’ve now slotted “Bodyguard” in Drama Series, Baranski in Actress, Ventimiglia in Actor and Metz in Supporting Actress. Don’t feel confident in most of those, but my predictions are bound to evolve anyway. Someone tell Netflix to campaign Keeley Hawes in supporting, she can easily get in now. Even though I slotted two “This Is Us” actors, I’m still struggling with this idea of the show getting those nominations when all signs (in a normal year) would point to a continued downward slump. But conceivably, Metz now makes sense to come back this year. I still don’t really have faith in “Homecoming” and I’m only predicting Roberts at this point, but this news does improve its odds in Series and Actor (I can’t imagine they go for Sissy Spacek in this if they never went for her in “Bloodline”). These drama supporting categories are a mess, and I hope that leads to some inspired underdog nominations and not just namechecks of supporting players from the other Drama Series nominees (excluding my belief, as has been this way for weeks now, that all the major “Thrones” actors are getting nominated).

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

My only hope is that the Emmys choose to be interesting with their choices across all of them (Comer, Hawes, Porter, Shaw, Whigham) rather than going basic (Brown, Schreiber, Aduba, Metz, Voight)

That depends entirely of the number of voters that will bother to watch the new shows. And of the number of voters that likes them if they do. Homecoming, for example, is a complete flop, 5 months after his release it has just 10 000 votes and a horrible note of 7.6 (horrible for a TV show and especially for one with so small number of votes). On the other hand, many voters still watch and enjoy Ray Donovan, This is us and Orange is the New Black, so everything is possible.

And pelase stop with The Good Fight, NO ONE watches that and they will never will. I do and I like it, but I do not consider it so great, still, I am one of the 12 000 people that gave him the great note of 8.4 in IMDB, see what I meant about Homecoming now?

Lena Headey could lose to 2 people. Julie Garner could be the “Ozark” award. Or Sissy Spacek just wins a SHE’S AN OSCAR WINNER name check award.

Metz is a no. Her co star is someone I’ve never heard of. They have shown no love to Better Call Saul so I don’t see Seehorn.

Headey has no no desire to campaign. She sometimes never even attends the Emmys or Globes. Her people and this site will have to get out the word SHE’S NEVER WON before. It will help if the performance speaks for itself. Because this last season will be THE TV EVENT of the season.

1. Emmys do not care for Oscar winners and they especially do not care about the poor Sissy Spacek, I have not yet seen a single show with her in, but she has been ignored more than 6 or 7 times already, I liked her in The Old Man and the Gun this year, she deserves some love, from what have heard she is great in Castle Rock, but not a single voter have watched that.

2. No one cares that you do not know who Susan Kelechi Watson, I am sure that many voters do, she is undeniable this season, she made Beth the best character in the show and forced the writers with her talent to give her the spotlight and she did shine. For the ones who were asking, Metz was unbearable in season 2 and it was much worst than in season 1, she is a little better in season 3, but she cannot do anything against Watson. Two of the three daughters of Randall are also superior.

3. Actors do not campaign for Emmys, there some random examples that do it like Henry Winkler last year, but they usually do not. And the four actresses that beat Lena – Newton, Smith, Aduba and Gunn have never campaigned.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow.
    Lena Headey is actually starting to look real now.

I know people are disappointed for lack of action in the drama categories this year, but considering I’m a huge stan of Game of Thrones i’m totally in for seeing it sweeping at as many categories as it can for it’s last season only to have a bloodbath in 2020 with one of the most unpredictable Emmys in years. Stan or not, if theres one show that deserves to go out with a bang it’s Game of Thrones.

#LenaHeadey2019

paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Such sad news to wake up to darlings. This is unacceptable. Officially the most boring Emmys to date. And you thought the Limited Series field was weak last year … I do believe nobody was prepared for this year’s Drama field. So unfortunate. So empty.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Thandie Newton, Lena Headey and Anna Gunn are my favorite Supporting Actress nominees this decade and the fact that all 3 might win is iconic.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh. I have to move This is Us in my predictions now (hopefully for the last time).

Viewing 6 posts - 496 through 501 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open!)’ is closed to new replies.