Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
gabarnes43
KEllis
lacourseauxet..
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Vote in the 2019 Emmy Awards predictions center and discuss in this thread.

• This topic was modified 5 days, 15 hours ago by  Chris Beachum.
    • This topic was modified 5 days, 11 hours ago by  Riley. Reason: Renumbered title per post below
    • This topic was modified 3 days, 8 hours ago by  Chris Beachum.
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we get Annie Murphy and Emily Hampshire added to the Supporting Actress predictions for Schitts Creek

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I can practically take a nap during most of the drama categories.

Limited series is the saving grace of this year IMO. Such a wide-open field. I can’t believe that it was the exact opposite last year.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Saturday Night Live’ Accused of Plagiarizing New York Comedy Duo’s Sketches

Not that it’ll affect much, but I wish this would make them drop this below 0 quality show once and for all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I realized that we don’t have a weak Drama Series lineup, but a lot of new untested shows at the Emmys. We have four returning dramas as frontrunners: Game of Thrones, Ozark, Better Call Saul and This Is Us. The next three spots will be determined by FYC campaigns.

Lately, I feel resistant to predicting not just Homecoming, but also Succession. Amazon has the power to pull a great campaign and HBO can easily get two dramas nominated. The problem is, Homecoming lost buzz and I believe we are overestimating DGA and WGA in Succession‘s case.

With The Crown not eligible, I feel forced to predict Killing Eve, but went with Bodyguard for now. Can we get confirmation for the category placement? Pose has the potential to surprise and of course, House of Cards, worst things have happened.

That’s five strong contenders outside the four frontrunners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

2019 Emmy Awards Predictions (Part 2)

I renamed this thread per:
    Part 1 (March to September)
    Part 2 (September to January)
    Part 3 (January to February)
    Part 4 (February to March)
    I vote that we split into drama, comedy and limited/movie threads instead of doing a Part 6.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is basically no one predicting Tony Shalhoub when he just won the SAG over most of the contenders?

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is basically no one predicting Tony Shalhoub when he just won the SAG over most of the contenders?

I’m not a fan of putting first the person most likely to win. We are predicting the nominations, not the winners.

Vote-splitting helped him a lot.

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Shalhoub only won the Sag due to vote splitting between Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin, and Bill Hader and Henry Winkler

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Oh, what do you know? Just logged into my Screeners account to see if I randomly have access to anything that I was never emailed about and I have one episode of Catch-22 and five episodes of The Act. No embargo is attached, so I will have to report back soon.

I feel resistant to predicting not just Homecoming, but also Succession. Amazon has the power to pull a great campaign and HBO can easily get two dramas nominated. The problem is, Homecoming lost buzz and I believe we are overestimating DGA and WGA in Succession‘s case.

Fair enough about the DGA nomination/win because that can be chalked up to name-checking and a consolation prize since the same people simultaneously voted for Vice, but I think that the WGA Drama Series nomination is huge and takes too many leaps to explain away. HBO in a field of seven in a weak year should be an easy get.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

So what’s gonna happen with Arquette if she’s competing with herself in limited actress? Does she just forget about The Act or try to go supporting?

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I still has not seen Escape of Dannemora, i don’t have the stomach to watch anything with Patricia Arquette in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

After meeting with Amazon today, we are adding these to the predictions center…

Comedy — Catastrophe (Rob Delaney, Sharon Horgan in lead)

Drama — Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton in lead)

Drama — Hanna (Esme Creed-Mills in lead; Joel Kinnaman, Mireille Enos in supporting)

Limited — Good Omens (Michael Sheen, David Tennant in lead; Jon Hamm, Michael McKean, Miranda Richardson in supporting)

Limited — The Widow (Kate Beckinsale in lead; Charles Dance in supporting)

Movie — The Romanoffs: End of the Line (Kathryn Hahn in lead)

Movie — The Romanoffs: House of Special Purpose (Christina Hendricks in lead)

also Emma Thompson is now in supporting for King Lear

All other Amazon shows and placements should be accurate from when the predictions center launched.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

So what’s gonna happen with Arquette if she’s competing with herself in limited actress? Does she just forget about The Act or try to go supporting?

Has it been reported that she’s going Lead for The Act?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.