Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Comparing Viola Davis to Kit Harington is the most stupid comparison I think I’ve ever seen. Davis acts circles around Harington.

Where’s the comparison?

For Your Emmy Consideration: Best Comedy Series Sex Education, Comedy Lead Actor Asa Butterfield, Comedy Supporting Actress Guillian Anderson, Drama Supporting Actress Miranda Otto for The Chilling Adventure of Sabrina.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Viola deserved every single one of her nomination and should have been nominated (as a lead) last year and this year as well.

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

Viola deserved every single one of her nomination and should have been nominated (as a lead) last year and this year as well.

Preach.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO’s biggest shows Veep and Game of Thrones are ending. How well do you think HBO will do next year with both of those shows out of consideration

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO’s biggest shows Veep and Game of Thrones are ending. How well do you think HBO will do next year with both of those shows out of consideration

I think Big Little Lies will win Drama Series next year unless if there’s a new breakout show. Barry probably is going to be second or third in the Comedy field. Westworld and Succession (if it gets nominated this year) could stick around for another year, but they will face a lot of competition and might not be able to make it (right now I’m betting on Big Little Lies, The Crown, Better Call Saul, The Morning Show, Ozark, Are You Sleeping, and The Handmaid’s Tale being the nominees, with Westworld, Killing Eve, Stranger Things 3, and whichever of Succession/Bodyguard/Pose get nominated this year fighting to break in). And I really don’t see much of a scenario in which both Westworld and Succession make it next year. If Issa Rae gets nominated again this year she could stick around, but otherwise it might be hard for her to break into the Comedy Actress field again. And Silicon Valley feels like it might be done in the Comedy Series race given how stacked the Comedy field has been recently.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, I looked at the lineup next year while answering that question and it’s going to be a mess in the Drama Series and female Drama Acting categories (the male categories look like they still will be pretty empty). Drama Actress is stacked enough that I’m predicting Sandra Oh missing next year even if she wins this year (I’d bet on Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman, Reese Witherspoon (for Big Little Lies), Jennifer Aniston, Elisabeth Moss, Laura Linney, and Octavia Spencer before her) and Drama Supporting Actress is stacked enough that I could easily see Thandie Newton and every female supporting actor for The Handmaid’s Tale missing (Right now, my lineup is Meryl Streep, Helena Bonham Carter, Lizzy Caplan, Julia Garner, Reese Witherspoon (for The Morning Show), and Laura Dern). And in Drama Series, there are 13-14 plausible contenders that I can think of already (Big Little Lies, The Crown, Better Call Saul, The Morning Show, Are You Sleeping, Ozark, The Handmaid’s Tale, Killing Eve, Westworld, Stranger Things, Homeland, This Is Us, and whichever one or two of Bodyguard, Succession, and Pose gets in this year).

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw Netflix’s screener package for this past guilds season and it was only including The Kominsky Method, House of Cards, Maniac, GLOW, Ozark, Sabrina, UKS, OITNB, ODAAT, Grace and Frankie, Wanderlust, and Collateral. Bodyguard and The Haunting of Hill House weren’t even campaigned and apparently their showings are only based on people actually watching them on Netflix. I am confident that with an Emmys campaign they will do much better (and the latter in limited series category).

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw Netflix’s screener package for this past guilds season and it was only including The Kominsky Method, House of Cards, Maniac, GLOW, Ozark, Sabrina, UKS, OITNB, ODAAT, Grace and Frankie, Wanderlust, and Collateral. Bodyguard and The Haunting of Hill House weren’t even campaigned and apparently their showings are only based on people actually watching them on Netflix. I am confident that with an Emmys campaign they will do much better (and the latter in limited series category).

But Bodyguard is not a Netflix original.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Im more excited for next years golden globes(on the tv side) than this years emmys

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Im more excited for next years golden globes(on the tv side) than this years emmys

Fair, but at least next year’s Emmys will be even more exciting because of how many Emmy-nominated shows will be competing.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

So, next year in Drama we will probably have… Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, Bodyguard, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Homecoming, Homeland, Killing Eve, Ozark, Pose, Stranger Things, Succession, This is Us and Westworld. Now that will be interesting…

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

So, next year in Drama we will probably have… Better Call Saul, Bodyguard, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Homecoming, Homeland, Killing Eve, Ozark, Pose, Stranger Things, Succession, This is Us and Westworld. Now that will be interesting…

You forgot Big Little Lies.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Big mistake of mine. Thank you for reminding me.

lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

So, next year in Drama we will probably have… Better Call Saul, Big Little Lies, Bodyguard, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Homecoming, Homeland, Killing Eve, Ozark, Pose, Stranger Things, Succession, This is Us and Westworld. Now that will be interesting…

Don’t forget that we’ll also have Apple’s new streaming service and their 2 big shows for it (The Morning Show and Are You Sleeping). I think both of them can get in if they’re as good as I expect them to be, though I’m way more confident in The Morning Show. Here’s what I’m predicting for next year (obviously there’s no real basis for any of this since none of these seasons have aired).

Drama Series

1. Big Little Lies (Season 2)
    2. The Crown (Season 3)
    3. Better Call Saul (Season 5)
    4. The Morning Show (Season 1)
    5. Ozark (Season 3)
    6. Are You Sleeping (Season 1)
    7. The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 3)

Drama Actress

1. Nicole Kidman (Big Little Lies)
    2. Olivia Colman (The Crown)
    3. Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show)
    4. Octavia Spencer (Are You Sleeping)
    5. Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies)
    6. Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    7. Laura Linney (Ozark)

Drama Actor

1. Steve Carell (The Morning Show)
    2. Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)
    3. Jason Bateman (Ozark)
    4. Richard Madden (Bodyguard)
    5. Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us)
    6. Tobias Menzies (The Crown)
    7. Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us)

Drama Supporting Actress

1. Meryl Streep (Big Little Lies)
    2. Helena Bonham Carter (The Crown)
    3. Lizzy Caplan (Are You Sleeping)
    4. Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show)
    5. Julia Garner (Ozark)
    6. Laura Dern (Big Little Lies)
    7. Thandie Newton (Westworld)

Drama Supporting Actor

1. Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul)
    2. Aaron Paul (Are You Sleeping)
    3. Josh O’Connor (The Crown)
    4. Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
    5. David Harbour (Stranger Things 3)
    6. Ron Cephas Jones (Are You Sleeping)
    7. Billy Crudup (The Morning Show)
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Newton’s not gonna miss after being nominated twice and winning last year against 6 people especially since her show is airing after all of the contenders again.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.