Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 321 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
gabarnes43
Riley
lacourseauxet..
  • lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Newton’s not gonna miss after being nominated twice and winning last year against 6 people especially since her show is airing after all of the contenders again.

Predicting her missing does feel weird, but I can’t reasonably see her being ahead of any of those 6 if their shows pan out (unless if Garner loses to Headey this year, in which case she’ll probably be dropped). Meryl is obviously not missing. Helena Bonham Carter is a famous actress in what is likely either going to be the Drama Series winner or the show in second place and is taking over a role that was nominated for an Emmy last time around. Lizzy Caplan has been nominated for an Emmy before and is playing multiple characters in a one-time role that will be the Emmys’ only chance to award her for the show. Reese Witherspoon seems like she’s gonna be a co-lead frauded into supporting because of Big Little Lies, and she is also a star. If Garner beats Headey, I’d be surprised if they drop her for Newton a year later since Ozark will probably have more support than Westworld. Laura Dern won in limited series for Big Little Lies, and if Big Little Lies is winning Drama Series she should be able to make it in. I love Newton and her performance on Westworld, but this field is absurdly stacked and I think the declining ratings for Westworld combined with growing disappointment over the series as a whole will make it hard for her to make it back in with so much competition if there’s only 6 nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    eric
    Participant
    Topics:

And Watchmen? DO you think it could grab some Emmy nominations next year?

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

And Watchmen? DO you think it could grab some Emmy nominations next year?

If nothing else about the show, I think at the very least we’ve learned to never underestimate Regina King lol

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Whose got the most Emmys nominations in a row, ie, was nominated in 2018 and have been every year since …

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget that we’ll also have Apple’s new streaming service and their 2 big shows for it (The Morning Show and Are You Sleeping). I think both of them can get in if they’re as good as I expect them to be, though I’m way more confident in The Morning Show. Here’s what I’m predicting for next year (obviously there’s no real basis for any of this since none of these seasons have aired). Drama Series

1. Big Little Lies (Season 2)
    2. The Crown (Season 3)
    3. Better Call Saul (Season 5)
    4. The Morning Show (Season 1)
    5. Ozark (Season 3)
    6. Are You Sleeping (Season 1)
    7. The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 3)

Drama Actress

1. Nicole Kidman (Big Little Lies)
    2. Olivia Colman (The Crown)
    3. Jennifer Aniston (The Morning Show)
    4. Octavia Spencer (Are You Sleeping)
    5. Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies)
    6. Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    7. Laura Linney (Ozark)

Drama Actor

1. Steve Carell (The Morning Show)
    2. Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)
    3. Jason Bateman (Ozark)
    4. Richard Madden (Bodyguard)
    5. Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us)
    6. Tobias Menzies (The Crown)
    7. Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us)

Drama Supporting Actress

1. Meryl Streep (Big Little Lies)
    2. Helena Bonham Carter (The Crown)
    3. Lizzy Caplan (Are You Sleeping)
    4. Reese Witherspoon (The Morning Show)
    5. Julia Garner (Ozark)
    6. Laura Dern (Big Little Lies)
    7. Thandie Newton (Westworld)

Drama Supporting Actor

1. Jonathan Banks (Better Call Saul)
    2. Aaron Paul (Are You Sleeping)
    3. Josh O’Connor (The Crown)
    4. Mandy Patinkin (Homeland)
    5. David Harbour (Stranger Things 3)
    6. Ron Cephas Jones (Are You Sleeping)
    7. Billy Crudup (The Morning Show)

Bodyguard will not be eligible for 2020 as the show hasn’t begun production and the creator says any second series production will begin mid 2020 earliest.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

If nothing else about the show, I think at the very least we’ve learned to never underestimate Regina King lol

Except for Southland & Leftovers

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Except for Southland & Leftovers

She was robbed for The Leftovers.

ReplyCopy URL
    lacourseauxetoiles
    Participant
    Topics:

Bodyguard will not be eligible for 2020 as the show hasn’t begun production and the creator says any second series production will begin mid 2020 earliest.

Good to know! I guess This Is Us will most likely get a double Best Actor nomination 4 years in a row despite the Emmys not really loving the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Kinda wish Jeremy Strong (“Succession”) were in the prediction centre…

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw the act on hulu. Please give patricia arquette the emmy already.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Are Netflix submitting Toni Collette for Best Actress Drama or Comedy? Because Wanderlust is on their FYC site?

I feel like Netflix may throw all their weight under Bodyguard and Ozark this time round however, although for Best Actor will they campaign harder for Madden or Bateman? And actress will they focus on Robin Wright, Laura Linney or Keeley Hawes? It’s all so uncertain…

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I just saw the act on hulu. Please give patricia arquette the emmy already.

With two high profile, lauded projects, she’s winning at least one.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I started watching The Act last night (I only got about like 20+ minutes in because I was tired), but this is a performance that I’ll allow someone reading post-it notes on stage for (aka it’s amazing).

ReplyCopy URL
    Counselor
    Participant
    Topics:

what are the odds of Arquette winning for The Act and not for Escape at Dannemora?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Are Netflix submitting Toni Collette for Best Actress Drama or Comedy? Because Wanderlust is on their FYC site?

It is on that site under drama.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.