Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Breaking news… Twilight Zone will compete in drama series. https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmys-twilight-zone-jordan-peele-cbs-all-access-1203191828/

What the fuck?  What about how Black Mirror and The Romanoffs got nominated for their complete seasons as limited series at PGA?  This is the dumbest thing.  Is the academy’s argument here that The Twilight Zone used to compete as a drama?  Overlooking how obviously ridiculous it is to say that this new version is the same series as the old one, what about Shameless?  What about Twin Peaks? I mean, the whole point of the limited categories is to separate shows that are telling a short story (over episodes) from ones that are telling a longer one (over seasons), but now drama series is for long stories and extremely short ones with limited being for the stuff in between?

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The GoT shadow looms that large over drama, so the Academy is bending itself into the shape of a Philly soft pretzel to include more dramas since so many are steering clear of the inevitable this fall.

That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

There will be no nationwide NFL coverage on Fox immediately before the Emmys. Presumably, this means there will be a “red carpet special” on Fox starting at 7 Eastern, although a number of cities, including New York, Charlotte, Tampa Bay, and Phoenix, will probably have any special be joined in progress as their Fox stations would be airing an NFL game starting at 4:05 Eastern that day.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

And here it is—The Haunting of Hill House was shipped as part of a pack of fifteen:

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

And here it is—The Haunting of Hill House was shipped as part of a pack of fifteen:

Why, just why.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé’s Homecoming is currently at 87 on Metacritic (6 reviews) and 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (8 reviews)!

Welp, make that a 90 on Metacritic!

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

From Marcus’ Amazon FYC article:

Both Esmail and Roberts will attend Amazon’s FYC event, alongside James and Whigham, but not Cannavale.

Grant is the only one at the A Very English Scandal panel. Whishaw not present.

No Colman at the Fleabag panel. Obviously.

gabspss
    Participant
    Topics:

I did not watch Ozark yet, but i love Bob Odenkirk performance on BCS and this season was the best, he killed with no kindness at all in the final episode. My question is… Did Jason Bateman perform better than Bob Odenkirk or is just the predictions?

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Odenkirk was miles better, IMO. The predictions come from the absurd amount of nominations Ozark got by now

Luca
    Participant
    Topics:

I did not watch Ozark yet, but i love Bob Odenkirk performance on BCS and this season was the best, he killed with no kindness at all in the final episode. My question is… Did Jason Bateman perform better than Bob Odenkirk or is just the predictions?

I I haven’t seen Odenkirk, but nothing about Batman’s performance is Emmy worthy IMO. Madden would be winning this if it were up to me. Now THAT is a powerhouse performance.

Emmys 2019 FYC: Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones"), Cicely Tyson ("HTGAWM"), Viola Davis ("HTGAWM"), Richard Madden ("Bodyguard"), "Bodyguard," "The Haunting of Hill House" & "Escape at Dannemora" in all categories

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a slightly unrelated question. Why are SNL performers ineligible at the Golden Globes?

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO’s Gentleman Jack gives me The Favourite vibes. Some reviews are mentioning it as a limited series, if it’s the case I feel like Suranne Jones may be a strong contender based on the critical reception of her performance.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I have a slightly unrelated question. Why are SNL performers ineligible at the Golden Globes?

Programs airing outside of prime-time can’t compete at the Golden Globes or SAG Awards.

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Chris, is NBCU going to put together a Good Place FYC DVD this year? It was part of the network’s overall package but in light of the show’s overwhelming breakthrough, nomination-wise this season and today’s Peabody Award win, it would seem prudent they go all-in.

Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see in the prediction center two shows I have appreciated this season:

My Brilliant Friend (HBO) – should be a drama series considering the second season renewal

Wanderlust (Netflix) – wasn’t Toni Collette spectacular as usual?

Are they eligible??

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.