Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 464 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +31 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
gabarnes43
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can I start hoping for her to happen now?

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Welp to Allen, guess he’ll have to submit himself. Perkins was always going to be less of a threat for a nom than Scanlen, even with that Critics Choice nom; she really was underutilized the most on the show and wasn’t the showiest role that the Emmys go for, unlike the latter. But, I mean, whatever gets Scanlen that deserved nod.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Omg Renée Zellweger will be eligible for Netflix’s What/If, premiering May 24 on Netflix.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I don’t believe it’s a limited series, right?

Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t believe it’s a limited series, right?

It’s an anthology series, so it will compete in limited.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Gaceru.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Gaceru.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Like we needed more contenders there… though I doubt this lands with Emmy voters.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I had my doubts on Olivia Colman getting in for Les Miserables, but now Kathy Bates, Elizabeth Perkins are out of the picture, I think she can comfortably get in. I’m also rooting for Emma Thompson to sneak in.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

You our Thompson twice. She’s at least in the top six I would say:

1. Arquette
    2. Clarkson
    3. Field
    4. Ejogo
    5. Colman
    6. Thompson

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

When They See Us might produce a few nods here. ATM I have:

1. Patricia Arquette
    2. Patricia Clarkson
    3. Niecy Nash
    4. Vera Farmiga
    5. Emily Watson (Chernobyl)
    6. Eliza Scanlen

But my list changes every day, so hey. I’ve learned to not trust the GD top 6 in some categories.

verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

I just realized that Hugh Laurie is no longer in the Predictions Center, I imagine he did not have the necessary screentime.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Why is Perkins out? She doesn’t have the screentime?

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Probably.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Does HBO usually submit 8 male supporting actors for Veep? Because the idea that they’re submitting more male supporting actors for Veep than they are submitting actors in all categories combined for Game of Thrones makes absolutely no sense.

Submitting more contenders than there are slots in a category never makes sense either. These HBO submissions are weird.

I could see them submitting Paula Newsome in guest for Barry, but not putting her in their submissions list for Gold Derby to minimize spoilers, like when they withheld guest Ann Dowd from their list for the final season of The Leftovers. Looks like The Deuce is not submitting Zoe Kazan this year.

Deadwood submitting Paula Malcomson and Molly Parker in lead, eh?  That is an interesting strategy because it is not like these categories are overcrowded with contenders.  Maybe I am underestimating Deadwood.  I only ever saw the pilot.  I did not realize how few supporting actors Deadwood had.  Why are they not submitting Brad Dourif in his Emmy-nominated role?  I think that they could have skipped submitting Kim Dickens to keep to two submissions per category.

Game of Thrones should have submitted a third supporting actor, one guest actor and one guest actress. Come through, Carice! Submitting just as many performances from Gentleman Jack (seven) is random.

Thought from the trailer that Barry Keoghan might be eligible for Chernobyl, but sticking to just their three main stars is a good strategy, except they did not, as they are submitting Jessie Buckley. HBO submitting David Strathairn for My Dinner with Hervé just seems like them not forgetting that he won that category for Temple Grandin. I did not know that Eric Bogosian existed. I thought that that was just Elliott Gould. I have not gotten to the former’s episodes of Succession yet. Dan Bakkedahl is an intriguing submission for Veep. I will not predict him and he will not be in my top ten, but “Maybe!”

How do you not submit a past Emmy nominee who has a Critics’ Choice nomination for this role and was what, third in our odds? I guess that they really want Eliza Scanlen to get nominated (or maybe it is a screen time thing). Ugh, I really do not want to predict her. Maybe HBO is sensing shakiness with its limited series. Not submitting Scoot McNairy to strengthen Stephen Dorff might turn out to be pretty savvy.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Sally Phillips will be back on Veep, that’s my favorite part!

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ll riot if people like Elizabeth Perkins and Carmen Ejogo are nominated over Reaser and Siegel for basically doing nothing.  

I suppose I’ve spent one of my wishes. Do you think she will submit herself?

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 464 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards General Discussion (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.